Hacking M3DS Real horrible battery life!

RebelX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reddragon105 said:
Ok, so I put my original 1000mah back in my DS and switched back to using my old M3 Simply card instead of the Real. Got 4 hours 30 minutes out of it, which is a little better.
My next test will be the 1000mah battery on the Real. Either way these are pretty poor battery lifes - what can be done to improve this?
Let's see, from your results from your tests, it might be the original 1000mAh battery itself. You mentioned you've had it for 18 months; that's a hell of a lot of recharging. If this sort of ridiculously low battery life continues, you should buy another official Nintendo DS Lite battery. Make sure you buy it from a big-box store or a trustworthy online store so you are sure it's not a fake.

gosp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Ok... How much DS do you play in a day? It's like an IPod... people complain that the battery sucks, but it only sucks if you use it for the entirety of a 12 hour flight (SLEEP NEXT TIME).

I know it's convenient to not deal with it, but it's not anything close to crippling. I set it to charge when I go to bed, and it's never hard to play while it's connected to the charger at home. If I'm traveling, I can charge it during a layover, at a hotel, or in any bar/cafe I go to. Sure, 4-5 hour battery life is short of normal, but if it's a problem, you've probably got a bigger one somewhere along the line...

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wtf.gif
No way...

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The real just uses more power than most cards. Thats the way it is.
In exchange, you get to use SDHC memory cards, Slo3w motion, cheat switch and GBA with RTS

RebelX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Antoligy said:
The real just uses more power than most cards. Thats the way it is.
In exchange, you get to use SDHC memory cards, Slo3w motion, cheat switch and GBA with RTS
Yeah, I guess you're right. I never thought of it that way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5