Hacking m3ds real wont boot sakura

FKNStranger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I got an old ds lite and a m3ds real card that has the m3 sakura logo on it too. put the "system" folder on a 16gb sd card, boot up the ds, long press "a" and the only thing it says is the logo at the bottom right corner, "[EN_V1.1_V3]" at the other corner and "slot 1 nds" in the middle. i tried other sakura or m3ds versions and none work. what else can i try?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Only 4GB and 8GB SDHC cards are supported.
To my knowledge, the M3 Zero should support any SDHC but I was only able to test up to 16GB and my cart is long dead.
The issue might actually be the cart itself as the M3i Zero GMP-Z003 only supports the slower TouchPod kernel as the M3 Team broke compatibility for Sakura in an effort to lock out custom kernels.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Only 4GB and 8GB SDHC cards are supported.
Not true. I'm using a 32GB SHDC card and it works, although some games (Castlevania:DoS and the Prince of Tennis Umi game so far) have graphical and sound glitches, however that's most likely because of the kernel and possibly the brand and speed (C10) not working well with Sakura, because both games run fine on Ysmenu (Castlevania has a bit laggy intro, but it does that on other kernels and cards as well).*

All other games I've tried worked perfectly. And other people said their 16/32GB cards worked fine, and officially up to 16GB cards were supported. And I think the 64GB cards would work too, but I haven't tested it myself.

*Castlevania has always been a test game for flashcarts and SDHC, as you needed the card to be fast in order not to get lag and even different brands of the same SDHC (eg. two same 8GB C4 but different brands) would perform differently, so there was even a test thread here with the reports of how different brands fared. It runs perfectly on my 8GB ADATA (C6). And the 32GB cards plays it fine in Ysmenu, like I mentioned.
Post automatically merged:

I got an old ds lite and a m3ds real card that has the m3 sakura logo on it too. put the "system" folder on a 16gb sd card, boot up the ds, long press "a" and the only thing it says is the logo at the bottom right corner, "[EN_V1.1_V3]" at the other corner and "slot 1 nds" in the middle. i tried other sakura or m3ds versions and none work. what else can i try?
Try using Ysmenu.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/

I don't recall any of the M3DS Real or M3iZero cards having the sakura logo on it, so it's possible it might be a fake card, or a Japanese card. Try using Ysmenu, and if the M3 version doesn't work, try all versions, and if a different folder (eg. R4) works, it means it's a fake card. You can also try putting Twilightmenu on it, I think that one runs without needing to know what your flashcart brand is, but I don't know much about it (getting to to run on a DS flashcart), check out Robz's thread about it.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not true. I'm using a 32GB SHDC card and it works, although some games (Castlevania:DoS and the Prince of Tennis Umi game so far) have graphical and sound glitches, however that's most likely because of the kernel and possibly the brand and speed (C10) not working well with Sakura, because both games run fine on Ysmenu (Castlevania has a bit laggy intro, but it does that on other kernels and cards as well).*

All other games I've tried worked perfectly. And other people said their 16/32GB cards worked fine, and officially up to 16GB cards were supported. And I think the 64GB cards would work too, but I haven't tested it myself.
Huh, nice to know it works for you.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not just me, but if you look around the M3 posts, plenty of other people. Does it work for you, or you don't have an M3 card?
I've heard from other people's experiences.

It might be because they're using a different revision of the card, but that's just my theory.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've heard from other people's experiences.

It might be because they're using a different revision of the card, but that's just my theory.
The M3 DS Real didn't have more versions, as far as I'm aware (although I think there was a Japanese one, but you couldn't get that one unless you lived in Japan). There was only one. But the M3iZero had more, like Catboy mentioned, but I think that one also doesn't have issues with SDHCs - with M3 DS Real you could always use the 16BGB cards, and when 32GB cards came out, everyone was saying they work too. And even before the M3 subforum got merged everyone was sayin 16/32GB cards worked, so I think if they don't work for some, it's because they're using SDXC - the ones with ultra fast speed. And the card might not handle that. That's why I made sure to buy a C10 card, and not a UHS-I or other fast cards. Try asking those who said it doesn't work what brand and class (speed) are they using, if it's a SDXC, then that explains it. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?