Hacking M3DS Real horrible battery life!

RebelX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I just got my M3 Real yesterday and I loaded the M3 Sakura firmware on it. I uploaded some ROMs and played them for about 30 minutes. I saw the light go red. So, I just thought maybe it had low battery life because I was playing it for a while without charging it. I have a DS Lite black version.

I charged it up to a full charge last night and started playing it today. The time I played it today was the course of about 30 minutes and then the red light came on! I was like WTF??? And then it went out 10 minutes later!!!

I was playing Call of Duty 4 on the 2nd light setting.

I did some research and none said anything about getting an hour of battery life but instead they said they got like 4 hours, even more!

Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone else had this issue? Please help, I don't want the feeling that I wasted $30 and waited 2 agonizing weeks for this.

Thanks in advance!

RebelX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No way dude, I just got my DS Lite 3 weeks ago so there is no way that my battery could be dying. I am going to try an experiment by switching the MicroSD cards. I have one for my phone. The phone is Moto Q which is notorious for its low battery life and the SD card for that doesn't seem to affect the battery life of the phone. My DS is charging now, I will post the results after the experiment is done. I hope to God that this works...

And to Doggy124 I tried it without the M3 and I got about 5 hours total... So I know its something about he M3/MicroSD card.

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's weird, because the same thing happens with me. I use M3 Real, and my power has gotten really bad, where I can only play for about an hour or two, depending what I'm doing.

I think it is my battery and I was planning on buying a couple(I need one anyway, so I could get another for my DS). After reading this, though, I don't know if it's the M3 Real or not.

melon_55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yer i have also got the same problem but just not as bad. i have it charge over night and then when i play it it goes to red light in under around 1 hour!!! wtf?!

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
its got nothing to do with ur micro sd card. and i doubt its the m3 causing the problem. try playing ur ds without the m3, and if the problem continues, ur ds battery is fucked up (regardless how new it is). if thats the case, send it in for repairs

RebelX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
da_head said:
its got nothing to do with ur micro sd card. and i doubt its the m3 causing the problem. try playing ur ds without the m3, and if the problem continues, ur ds battery is fucked up (regardless how new it is). if thats the case, send it in for repairs

Well I could play Wario Ware Touched for 5 hours (it was over the course of 2 days) with no problems. And when I play the same exact game on a ROM on my M3 I get like 1 hour.

Hey do you guys think its the GBA Expansion Pak? Would it be something that would affect it? I leave it in when I'm playing the DS. I do not use the Rumble Pak, as it is extremely cheap and useless.

Doggy124

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
RebelX said:
da_head said:

Well I could play Wario Ware Touched for 5 hours (it was over the course of 2 days) with no problems. And when I play the same exact game on a ROM on my M3 I get like 1 hour.

Hey do you guys think its the GBA Expansion Pak? Would it be something that would affect it? I leave it in when I'm playing the DS. I do not use the Rumble Pak, as it is extremely cheap and useless.

slot2 ram does consume battery life but it shouldn't that much
blink.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Weird. I have had my Onyx DSL for over a full year, and it's just as good as before. I use it daily, for around 4 hours too, and I really don't see a difference in Battery life very much...... Perhaps something is wrong with your DS?

I charge mine around once per 2-3 days. Mine lasts from 4-9 hours. It's funny, because it seems to keep changing. One day, it lasts fro 4 hours, and one day, it lasts for 9 hours.

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My DS Lite is well over seven months old and I can get five hours of continuous power on the highest brightness level.

bustyman100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Do not underestimate how much juice the crappy ram pack sucks out of your DS. Back when I was still using the official/old M3 Real firmware, I remember my battery light going red after an hour of use, and if I pulled out the ram pack, the light would turn back green immediately. I havn't used the ram pack since I switched to Sakura, so I don't know if the firmware makes a difference- I highly doubt it anyway. So I would recommend yanking the ram pack out. Besides, the DS with its tiny screen plus black border doesn't really do justice to the GBA games anyway. You are better off playing GBA on the PSP/PC emulator or the GBA itself.

I get almost 6 hours on my M3 Real with the following set up:

White DSL
4GB Kingston Class 4 SDHC card
M3 Real running Sakura english hacked version
Nothing in Slot 2

tguellich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to have a similar problem but I lasted at least 1 1/2 hours before red. I stopped playing with the expansion in all the time and I did see a difference. The expansion has a battery that charges itself from the DS battery while the DS is on, so you are losing some power to that. Try leaving the DS on and keeping it plugged in for many hours with the expansion in it. That will surely charge the expansion to a full charge. Maybe then you will see some improvement.

My new DS Lite doesn't last as long as my older DS Lite does. I think Nintendo isn't making their batteries like they used to, a little drop in quality really shows.

RebelX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tguellich said:
I used to have a similar problem but I lasted at least 1 1/2 hours before red. I stopped playing with the expansion in all the time and I did see a difference. The expansion has a battery that charges itself from the DS battery while the DS is on, so you are losing some power to that. Try leaving the DS on and keeping it plugged in for many hours with the expansion in it. That will surely charge the expansion to a full charge. Maybe then you will see some improvement.

My new DS Lite doesn't last as long as my older DS Lite does. I think Nintendo isn't making their batteries like they used to, a little drop in quality really shows.

Wait so the expansion pack uses batteries??? It needs a charge? o.O explain, explain...

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
all GBA expansions have save-ram which gets erased when it has no power.
to prevent it from getting erased there's a battery.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thedicemaster said:
all GBA expansions have save-ram which gets erased when it has no power.
to prevent it from getting erased there's a battery.
not only that, but the M3 expansion also has a clock.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up