Hacking M3 Perfect...

sfg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

So, I've found an M3 Perfect at modchipstore (http://www.modchipstore.com/NDS-Nintendo-M3-Adaptor-GBA-Mini-SD-16374.html), but apparently this shop is not to be trusted so I've looked some more and found this: http://www.ishopvideogame.com/m3-perfect-l...key-p-1610.html

Now, am I wrong, or are these basically the same thing only that the second one fits a DS Lite? I want to use it in a GBA and the Lite one has a GBA size replacement case, plus RTC, no GBA ROM patching and everything the regular M3 Perfect has, according to the feature list on that site at least.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Both are M3 Perfect carts. They are basically the same, but in addition to being smaller the Lite version takes microSD instead of miniSD, which is good. MicroSD is far more common and generally a lot cheaper for the same storage space.

As for no rom patching, technically yes, but the flashcart won't create save files automatically, so you either have to do it yourself or use the patching software to transfer the roms, as it will create the save files for you. This is pretty much standard for slot 2 flashcarts.

sfg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks.

And how is the GBA compatibility? Any slowdowns or games that just won't work?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes to both, but very few. No GBA flashcart is completely free of those problems. And before you ask, no I don't know what titles (most specific details about GBA games on flashcarts have let themselves out of my brain over that last couple of years).

IMO the M3 Perfect is definitely the cart to get for GBA games if you can find and afford it. It isn't perfect (groan), but nothing else is either.

One other note about the not having to patch thing, if you want to use the real time clock or real time save, you do need to patch the roms. That's not a bad deal when you compare it to other flashcarts just not supporting those things at all, but it's something to be aware of before you buy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a better recommendation than using used condoms +2