Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

GenieTheCelestial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Still having issues trying to figure any of this out with the errors I've been getting on Luma 8.0 and B9S 1.2

I was able to install a Terry's Wonderland english patched CIA but when I boot the game I get this:
oVREWXM.png

Also get a similar screen when trying to boot up my US cart of Majora's Mask. My New3DSXL is a Japanese console but it worked before and now it doesn't, made a gfycat so you can see it in action:

https://gfycat.com/KindlyTerrificEyelashpitviper
Well, first of all, some out of region games can't be play out of region, especially in your case using a Japanese 3ds to run an American game
So you just simply hold select while booting your console, and enable game patching.
Then you follow the steps how to use the language emulation feature on Luma's feature website? I think
Then you are good to go!

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 LG-H815 發送

Soulsilve2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Upgraded to 8.1 and still getting data abort issues and I cannot boot Pokemon Nova Sun romhack.I can however play Sun normally with game patching disabled.And with it enable Monster Hunter 4U works fine so it seems to be something with Luma.I'll try re downloading my romhack.

Edit:Romhacks Rutile Ruby and Wilting Y work with no problem,still can't get Nova Sun to work.

Last edited by Soulsilve2010,

Mysuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What is this "exception_dump_parser.py" in the luma 8.1 zip? Do i need it for something or i just copy/paste the usual boot.firm to update from 8.0?

Deleted member 412537

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once I updated to 8.1 and then tried to run the EU version of Ever Oasis, the arm11 error still occurred. So I went ahead and switched to the US version. Then I enabled something through the settings and viola! After by passing that issue, all of a sudden the home menu popped up with a second error..so I went to look for HANS, but it wouldn't even show up through Rosalina. I was told that you don't need it anymore...but since I don't want to region change my JPN n3ds or place CFW on my o3ds, I had to roll back to the 7.1 legacy version. All this headache just to play one game. Or maybe I should wait for the release over in Japan. -__-

Last edited by Deleted member 412537,
Reactions: toto621 and THYPLEX

Metion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a N3DS 11.2, updated to 8.1, launching any homebrew with the rosalina homebrew launcher will freeze the system, Launching the normal homembrew launcher loader cia gives me the black "an exception occurred" screen. Downgrade to 8.0 everything works again. Am i missing something or is a bug? (BTW, this only happens when i use another app as the hombrew launcher)

Edit: This only happens with the health and safety app.

Last edited by Metion,

Soulsilve2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once I updated to 8.1 and then tried to run the EU version of Ever Oasis, the arm11 error still occurred. So I went ahead and switched to the US version. Then I enabled something through the settings and viola! After by passing that issue, all of a sudden the home menu popped up with a second error..so I went to look for HANS, but it wouldn't even show up through Rosalina. I was told that you don't need it anymore...but since I don't want to region change my JPN n3ds or place CFW on my o3ds, I had to roll back to the 7.1 legacy version. All this headache just to play one game. Or maybe I should wait for the release over in Japan. -__-

Well I can play EU/AUS Ever Oasis no problem after using luma locale switcher-rvn to make it EU and I enabled game patching

Attachments

• top_0001.bmp
    281.3 KB · Views: 343

GenieTheCelestial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Did you do the language emulation thing? Since it's out of region, language emulation is essential

Deleted member 412537

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just learned how to use game patching after searching around based on what GenieTheCelestial's told me . Now I can keep luma 8.1. Unfortunately, all my effort put into the game vanished once everything sorted itself out.. Oh well. lol Anyway, thanks for your help.

Last edited by Deleted member 412537,

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Too bad she left here, would have been nice to come with suggestions. Really like that you can power off the console with Rosalina now, wish that wasn't burried in the menus, a touch button directly on the rosalina-screen would have been a zillion times better, that and a button to toggle wifi on and off...

Dayme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You all have problems with different game and system regions.
I have a EU DS and EU Ever oasis and still can't boot the game. That's so strange. Also tried with version 8.1! Somebody knows a fix?

GenieTheCelestial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
You all have problems with different game and system regions.
I have a EU DS and EU Ever oasis and still can't boot the game. That's so strange. Also tried with version 8.1! Somebody knows a fix?
Can you be more specific with your problem? Well, you can still try the game patching solution though, see if it can work~

Dayme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can you be more specific with your problem? Well, you can still try the game patching solution though, see if it can work~

I get this luma error which you can see some posts before. I activated game patching and tried the locale switcher, both aren't fixing the problem that the game can't boot.

Signed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I get this luma error which you can see some posts before. I activated game patching and tried the locale switcher, both aren't fixing the problem that the game can't boot.
If it's the arm11 exception error, I think it has to do with the seeddb. Try going into the eshop into the Ever Oasis page (just going there is fine), quit eshop then try launching the game again.

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Too bad she left here, would have been nice to come with suggestions. Really like that you can power off the console with Rosalina now, wish that wasn't burried in the menus, a touch button directly on the rosalina-screen would have been a zillion times better, that and a button to toggle wifi on and off...
I know... I feel like posting some feature requests on Github, but I guess that really isn't the best place for them either? I dunno.

I totally second the power options being in a different place. Perhaps a dedicated little menu at the bottom. I don't know if a "touch button" could really be implemented since the menu seems to be just raw text that only accepts input from the dpad and buttons. I could be totally wrong though. But I would really, really enjoy a wifi toggle from Rosalina's menu. It would make turning the WiFi on and off during games and stuff all that much easier. It would also be really cool to get a FTP function on the menu, similar to how input redirection and debugging is handled; just an option you toggle from the menu that opens the server/port and then shows the current IP address. It is probably a lot more complicated than that, but it would still be a neat little feature nonetheless.

One big thing I really hope for in the future is a way to configure the game locales from within the Rosalina menu instead of using separate programs to do it or adding the textfiles on your own. Simply booting up a game, opening Rosalina and selecting the region (and maybe rebooting the game, if necessary) would be pretty convenient and easy for some folks.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to Luma 8.1 and I can't get my physical copy of Pokémon Sun to boot anymore! I tried going back to 8.0, but it still crashes every time I try to start it. Digital games work just fine. This is what the error says:

An error occurred (ErrDisp)

Error type: generic

Process ID: 15 Process name: menu Process title ID: 0x0004003000009802

Address: 0x002294c0 Error code: 0xc8804497

Press any button to reboot

Any help? :(

Oh, this a New 3DS XL with everything updated to the latest version, using B9S.

D

Deleted User

Will the 63.9 MB of RAM ever upgrade to 512MB or even 256 MB? I mean we can create Virtual Random Access Memory? Ain't that good for Faster Processes? No? Na!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.