gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
i have menuhax and sometimes it fails to get to luma.. if i update to b9s then will i have 100% boot ?
MenuHax + EmuNAND is a really outdated setup. You should've gotten A9LH, which would have given you 100% bootrate for all of this time. Oh well. Follow https://3ds.guide , you'll get Luma3DS + B9S, which is the, I suppose, successor to A9LH.

Reactions: RealityNinja

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after intstalling sighax.. what does one have to have in the sd card ? i will go from menuhax emunand to sighax and was thinking of transfering the emunand to systand like the guide says but dont know what can be removed after.

edit: welp sorry doble post

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
after intstalling sighax.. what does one have to have in the sd card ? i will go from menuhax emunand to sighax and was thinking of transfering the emunand to systand like the guide says but dont know what can be removed after.

edit: welp sorry doble post
Well, just follow the guide, before doing anything else.

Sev501

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Wow been away from the scene for a few months, got my rig running again and lo and behold a lot of new stuff!! Oh boy!

I'll be doing the a9lh upgrade to bootsrap9 if I want to continue getting luma3ds updates right?
After that am I safe to update to 11.4? Still on 10 or 11.3 IRRC. Haven't played with my n3ds for a while.

Good to be back!

P.s.
Sighax installer or just follow the one from 3dsguide?

Thanks!

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the birth of b9s comes the death of 3dsafe. Im just wondering, would it be possible to implement something like that with b9s? If so, how? Can b9s load payloads like a9lh? Would Luma have to handle it (or whatever other cfw)? Not sure how it all works yet.

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
With the birth of b9s comes the death of 3dsafe. Im just wondering, would it be possible to implement something like that with b9s? If so, how? Can b9s load payloads like a9lh? Would Luma have to handle it (or whatever other cfw)? Not sure how it all works yet.
3dsafe won't be possible due to something with the otp crypto and .firm payloads are now in , looks to be a lot better then the brahma ones

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3dsafe won't be possible due to something with the otp crypto and .firm payloads are now in , looks to be a lot better then the brahma ones
Id be happy with anything like it at all. I just want some security that cant be bypassed by simply replacing the boot.firm or deleting a config file. I use my 3ds at work all the time. 3dsafe was great to ensure that if it were ever stolen, the theif couldnt use or even sell the device, or if it was ever lost, provide contact info to get it back to me. Its too bad @mashers quit the scene. He did great work.

testing123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I have 3 different 3DS models hacked and running luma firmware and freeshop, can the microSD cards be swapped?

They're 2 smaller older ones and one XL, for reference.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I have 3 different 3DS models hacked and running luma firmware and freeshop, can the microSD cards be swapped?

They're 2 smaller older ones and one XL, for reference.
Yes, but the Nintendo 3DS folder on the sd will only work for one console. Your games and cia's wont show up on the other ones. The files used for hacks or to boot the system will work fine on any system. Homebrew too if its the same firmware version.

testing123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but the Nintendo 3DS folder on the sd will only work for one console. Your games and cia's wont show up on the other ones. The files used for hacks or to boot the system will work fine on any system. Homebrew too if its the same firmware version.

So popping out an SD card and putting it into another 3ds, even a different model, would be ok, but I would need to redownload games (freeshop) again?

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Id be happy with anything like it at all. I just want some security that cant be bypassed by simply replacing the boot.firm or deleting a config file. I use my 3ds at work all the time. 3dsafe was great to ensure that if it were ever stolen, the theif couldnt use or even sell the device, or if it was ever lost, provide contact info to get it back to me. Its too bad @mashers quit the scene. He did great work.
Someone would neet to fork b9s directly and implement it

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Aurora Wright

After updating to 7.1 I started having trouble with my out of region game updates. It appears that Luma3DS no longer supports language and region emulation. Is this true? Why would this be removed? I also noticed that it is no longer in the wiki.

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage

This is a big deal for me since I have a JPN console but all of my games are USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGhhGhvxbvI