Status
Not open for further replies.

Doeetright

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Press select, and make sure your config has: "Show NAND or user string in System Settings" - If you are booting into EmuNAND with Luma3DS, it will say Emu. If you are booting into SysNAND with Luma3DS, it will say Sys.

On a SysNAND-Only Setup, booting GW Mode, it will just say Ver. If you have an EmuNAND, GW Mode will automatically try to boot EmuNAND first, and it will say GW3D.

Your best solution is to setup a GW EmuNAND and using that for GW. Since GW will always prioritize EmuNAND over SysNAND.
Sooo, that's where I've got an isssue, any idea why I have been unable to create an EmuNAND? I've done everything I think I'm supposed to do...

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sooo, that's where I've got an isssue, any idea why I have been unable to create an EmuNAND? I've done everything I think I'm supposed to do...
Boot into the GW Menu and create an EmuNAND. Be sure to make a backup of the contents of your SD Card, as it will be formatted.

Your other option is using EmuNAND9. Link: https://github.com/d0k3/EmuNAND9/releases
Boot into it as a luma payload, and once in it, pick: Complete EmuNAND Setup
As always, be sure to make a backup of the contents of your SD Card, as it will be formatted.

Once you make sure it's working, you'll want to install Tiny Format on one and format it, to unlink it from the other.

Reactions: Doeetright

Doeetright

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boot into the GW Menu and create an EmuNAND. Be sure to make a backup of the contents of your SD Card, as it will be formatted.

Your other option is using EmuNAND9. Link: https://github.com/d0k3/EmuNAND9/releases
As always, be sure to make a backup of the contents of your SD Card, as it will be formatted.

Once you make sure it's working, you'll want to install Tiny Format on one and format it, to unlink it from the other.
Oh, so when I initially installed Luma's it didn't install an EmuNAND for me? Interesting. Will it be an issue that my SysNAND is now 11.2? Thanks so much for helping me btw, I'm going to work on getting EmuNAND9 installed.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, so when I initially installed Luma's it didn't install an EmuNAND for me? Interesting. Will it be an issue that my SysNAND is now 11.2? Thanks so much for helping me btw, I'm going to work on getting EmuNAND9 installed.
If you followed Plailect's A9LH Guide. Whether an old revision or the current one. The end result is to be on a SysNAND-Only setup.

And no. Luma3DS doesn't automatically create one. If you want one, you have to go out of your way to make one.

Doeetright

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you followed Plailect's A9LH Guide. Whether an old revision or the current one. The end result is to be on a SysNAND-Only setup.

And no. Luma3DS doesn't automatically create one. If you want one, you have to go out of your way to make one.
See these are the things they don't tell you when you first join boating school. It's hard to use an EmuNAND when you don't have one. Thanks so much!

Doeetright

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Okay, friend here's what I would like to do. I hope that you can either help me or point me in the right direction because I am unsure of what to do.

1) I have updated my SysNAND under Luma to 11.2, I have been around long enough to know that updating the SysNAND is bad but everyone seems to tell me it's okay because I have Luma. Is there a way to reverse this while I'm making changes to EmuNAND so I can just start with a clean slate? Everything is backed up including original NAND.

2) I am not sure how to load the .bin or any other file from the EmuNAND9 folder in the Luma payload (at least it appears I can't with FBI). I can load it on boot by assigning it to a key such as up/down/left/right. However, when I go through the process of creating a Emu/RedNAND I Soft Brick the DS and restore it via backup.

3) I am not quite sure the difference between a Red and EmuNAND, but after reading about them a bit I should prefer a RedNAND yes? I mean the differences seem only slight but I think that's the way I want to go.

4) Again if you do not have the time or the resources to help me with this that is fine, if you could just point me in the right direction. I am googling my butt off over here as it is anyway. You've already helped me tremendously by informing me that I only have a SysNAND system at the moment lol.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, friend here's what I would like to do. I hope that you can either help me or point me in the right direction because I am unsure of what to do.

1) I have updated my SysNAND under Luma to 11.2, I have been around long enough to know that updating the SysNAND is bad but everyone seems to tell me it's okay because I have Luma. Is there a way to reverse this while I'm making changes to EmuNAND so I can just start with a clean slate? Everything is backed up including original NAND.

2) I am not sure how to load the .bin or any other file from the EmuNAND9 folder in the Luma payload (at least it appears I can't with FBI). I can load it on boot by assigning it to a key such as up/down/left/right. However, when I go through the process of creating a Emu/RedNAND I Soft Brick the DS and restore it via backup.

3) I am not quite sure the difference between a Red and EmuNAND, but after reading about them a bit I should prefer a RedNAND yes? I mean the differences seem only slight but I think that's the way I want to go.

4) Again if you do not have the time or the resources to help me with this that is fine, if you could just point me in the right direction. I am googling my butt off over here as it is anyway. You've already helped me tremendously by informing me that I only have a SysNAND system at the moment lol.
1. No idea what you are asking here. But Tiny Format will do the same as formatting, it just doesn't delete SD Card data or require an internet connection.

2. All you need is the EmuNAND9.bin file. Then setup according to this: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Other-features-and-notes#payload-chainloading

3. I am pretty sure GW does not play nice with RedNAND. So you want GW EmuNAND.

Doeetright

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I see what I was doing wrong finally and have successfully created an EmuNAND. Now I'm about to install Tiny Format to unlink it from the others as you say.

EDIT: Glad we're finally on the same page! Sorry it took me so long to catch up.

Alright so my next and final question, what is the best way to utilize this setup? EmuNAND 1 (the one we used TinyFormat on) I should use the Gateway on since it is disassociated with the rest of the system. And update EmuNAND 2/3/4 whichever I choose I should update to 11.3 and just leave the SysNAND at 11.2? Is that the correct way to go about this or is there some better alternative I am not seeing? Again thanks for all your help!

Last edited by Doeetright,

Feffe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I read the latest firmware causes some slowdown in some games, so I thought the "Enable firms and modules loading from SD" option of Luma might solve the issue. I downloaded 11.1 firm and cetk
and I placed them in SD/luma (renaming the first file "firmware.bin"), but I only get a blackscreen. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Nevermind, 11.4 fixed the issue

Last edited by Feffe,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see what I was doing wrong finally and have successfully created an EmuNAND. Now I'm about to install Tiny Format to unlink it from the others as you say.

EDIT: Glad we're finally on the same page! Sorry it took me so long to catch up.

Alright so my next and final question, what is the best way to utilize this setup? EmuNAND 1 (the one we used TinyFormat on) I should use the Gateway on since it is disassociated with the rest of the system. And update EmuNAND 2/3/4 whichever I choose I should update to 11.3 and just leave the SysNAND at 11.2? Is that the correct way to go about this or is there some better alternative I am not seeing? Again thanks for all your help!
Yeah. EmuNAND1 for GW, and keeping it at 11.2. You can update the others past that, however, I've never done a multi EmuNAND setup, so you'd have to figure that out on your own. Good luck with that!

Doeetright

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. EmuNAND1 for GW, and keeping it at 11.2. You can update the others past that, however, I've never done a multi EmuNAND setup, so you'd have to figure that out on your own. Good luck with that!
Le sigh, I think I've experienced another problem. I can't boot into GW mode on this new formatted partition. It seems as though all hacks/modifications have been removed from it lol. Is there a specific folder I should be working in?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Le sigh, I think I've experienced another problem. I can't boot into GW mode on this new formatted partition. It seems as though all hacks/modifications have been removed from it lol. Is there a specific folder I should be working in?
Of course they have. That's the point of Tiny Format, to format the system and leave it clean.
With GW, you can just use FBI.3DS to install FBI.cia and all your other .CIA files.
Link: https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases

For other EmuNAND partitions. You'll want to figure out how to inject FBI into H&S app, like you had to do in the guide. You might be able to use soundhax//FBI.3dsx to do it. Again, I've never worked with multi EmuNANDs. You are completely on your own for those.

Doeetright

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course they have. That's the point of Tiny Format, to format the system and leave it clean.
With GW, you can just use FBI.3DS to install FBI.cia and all your other .CIA files.
Link: https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases

For other EmuNAND partitions. You'll want to figure out how to inject FBI into H&S app, like you had to do in the guide. You might be able to use soundhax//FBI.3dsx to do it. Again, I've never worked with multi EmuNANDs. You are completely on your own for those.
May I ask how I am supposed to run FBI.3DS? If I can get past that hurdle I'll be fine. I can't actually use GW at the moment.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May I ask how I am supposed to run FBI.3DS? If I can get past that hurdle I'll be fine. I can't actually use GW at the moment.
You need a GW Cart to run .3DS files. No way around that.

If you don't currently have one, then you must figure out how to inject FBI into the H&S app, like it was shown to you in 3DS.Guide, for the EmuNAND.

Doeetright

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need a GW Cart to run .3DS files. No way around that.

If you don't currently have one, then you must figure out how to inject FBI into the H&S app, like it was shown to you in 3DS.Guide, for the EmuNAND.
I have a gateway cart, I just can't boot it. I can get the GW screen to flash but that is all. It wont actually load.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have a gateway cart, I just can't boot it. I can get the GW screen to flash but that is all. It wont actually load.
I stand corrected... It's working without the intial menu...

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I stand correct... It's working without the intial menu...
Did you update your Launcher.dat?

Anyways, this is all getting pretty off-topic, since this is a Luma3DS thread.

Doeetright

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you update your Launcher.dat?

Anyways, this is all getting pretty off-topic, since this is a Luma3DS thread.
One last thing before I take off. Back to the Luma side of thnigs. The main goal of this was to separate the EmuNANDs so that I could update one without the other being affected. It seems they are all linked again. I change the theme in one and it messes with the theme in another.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One last thing before I take off. Back to the Luma side of thnigs. The main goal of this was to separate the EmuNANDs so that I could update one without the other being affected. It seems they are all linked again. I change the theme in one and it messes with the theme in another.
I don't know how to explain it well. But let's say, you have SysNAND, and that's the base. If you make an EmuNAND from it and let's go ahead call it EmuNAND1 , it will be a clone. If you format it once, it will become unlinked. Now, say you make a new EmuNAND, based of your SysNAND, and you go ahead and clone it and make it EmuNAND2. Now say you format EmuNAND2, it's format counter will now match EmuNAND1, and as such, these 2 will be linked. Your only solution is to Format it again, to unlink it from EmuNAND1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: You are already bred!