Status
Not open for further replies.

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
stage2/main.c says like this.
arm9loaderhax.bin does not use screeninit with this.
arm9loaderhax_si.bin use screeninit.

so we can switch on both mode with rename bin file. right?

Last edited by Februarysn0w,

Galerox

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Would it be safe to do all the plailect guide ? without having emunand ? ( I mean making the emunand ->sysnand)

MadButch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How important is the update RedNAND to latest firmware step (part 3 step 26 and part 4 step 6) before doing the RedNAND downgrade (rest of part 4)?

My RedNAND system update fails immediately after the progress bar appears, googling it I guess it must be due to blocked access (on work wifi now).
So I figured I'd do the update in the end.
Sounds like if the rest works fine, I can always restore to the 9.2 I have now backed up.

Or do I HAVE to update RedNAND to the latest version before doing the rest of the guide?

EDIT to answer my own question:
It's prefectly fine to skip this step, and do it at the very end, when you're completely done with the guide.

Last edited by MadButch,

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so I tried to install it with SafeA9LHinstaller v2.0.1 but that didn't support payload_stage 2 bigger size, I used v2.0.2 and it worked. Cool to see how it boots without an SD card inserted. I have installed it to my O3DS but I will wait for the official release in case Aurora adds some new functionality.

I noticed this "issue" as well. I'm using EmuNAND on 11.0 and I have SysNAND on 9.2. If I start the console without the SD card, one of my DSi ware games (on sysnand, obviously) doesn't show up (I only have 2 DSi ware games installed), however if I start Sysnand with the card inserted the game does show up but out of its folder. Why could that be?

Here's the new arm9loaderhax with no-sd and dual screen init features.
Follow the guide exactly except replace the stage1 and stage2 included in the attachment.

nicolo01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, so I tried to install it with SafeA9LHinstaller v2.0.1 but that didn't support payload_stage 2 bigger size, I used v2.0.2 and it worked. Cool to see how it boots without an SD card inserted. I have installed it to my O3DS but I will wait for the official release in case Aurora adds some new functionality.

I noticed this "issue" as well. I'm using EmuNAND on 11.0 and I have SysNAND on 9.2. If I start the console without the SD card, one of my DSi ware games (on sysnand, obviously) doesn't show up (I only have 2 DSi ware games installed), however if I start Sysnand with the card inserted the game does show up but out of its folder. Why could that be?
Probably that dsiware is out of region

Reactions: Bullseye

Inkadinkadoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Following Plailect's guide correctly up to Part 4 Section 4 step 10, I've tried many many times to downgrade, but seems to fail partway through every time around the same update file. so I've decided to complete restart and format both the sd card and sysnand to stock and restart Plailect's guide. got to the same part and now I'm getting this new error message on the top screen that wasn't appearing there before. Does anyone have any ideas as to why I am unable to successfully downgrade?

Running old 3dsxl v9.2 sysnand and 11.0.0-33 Rednand using Luma3ds v5.2 (because Rednand wouldn't boot with Luma3ds v5.5) and Plaisysupdater v04
Here's a screenshot:
20160623_115521.jpg

Attachments

• 20160623_115521.jpg
    20160623_115521.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 178

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Following Plailect's guide correctly up to Part 4 Section 4 step 10, I've tried many many times to downgrade, but seems to fail partway through every time around the same update file. so I've decided to complete restart and format both the sd card and sysnand to stock and restart Plailect's guide. got to the same part and now I'm getting this new error message on the top screen that wasn't appearing there before. Does anyone have any ideas as to why I am unable to successfully downgrade?

Running old 3dsxl v9.2 sysnand and 11.0.0-33 Rednand using Luma3ds v5.2 (because Rednand wouldn't boot with Luma3ds v5.5) and Plaisysupdater v04
Here's a screenshot:
View attachment 53965
You are using the Dev version of Luma. Don't do that. That's just one thing I've noticed wrong. Use the regular Luma3DS.

Then see if you are still getting the same issue.

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I did the update from my Aureinand to Luma but the boot screen doesn´t change, it´s ok or I missed something?

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I did the update from my Aureinand to Luma but the boot screen doesn´t change, it´s ok or I missed something?

The splash screen (or boot screen) doesn't have anything to do with Luma3DS. It's something that you installed (or the person that modded the console did) and can change to whatever you want.

Reactions: MUDD_BR

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The splash screen (or boot screen) doesn't have anything to do with Luma3DS. It's something that you installed (or the person that modded the console did) and can change to whatever you want.
I did the ARM9 install and the splash screen just shows the aureinand logo and 3ds, I´m searching to change it right now, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: j