Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Copy these code and save with xxx.bat then run it!
You have to download and install git for windows First.
url is "https://github.com/AuroraWright/AuReiNand.git"

Code:
@echo off
title Git Downloader Builder
color 4A
@echo Enter the URL "http://example.git"
set /p git= URL:
git clone --recursive "%git%"
@echo finished Press any key!
cls
@echo Enter folder path.
set /p folder=PATH:
cd %folder%
make
pause
exist

I know how to clone a git repository and use make, but I get an error because I miss libkhax, it seems...
And btw, I try to compile my own builds, not Aurora's ones (https://github.com/Hakujou/AuReiNand).

D

Deleted User

I know how to clone a git repository and use make, but I get an error because I miss libkhax, it seems...
And btw, I try to compile my own builds, not Aurora's ones (https://github.com/Hakujou/AuReiNand).

Are you sure? Are you using a --recursive when you clone? The fact libkhax and CakeBrah are missing usually points to it not grabbing the external dependencies.

In fact, open your CakeBrah and CakeHax folders. Are they empty? If so, the git isn't properly cloned.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Februarysn0w

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I used git submodule, this should have done proper things, since my folders are not empty...

I'll try to "reclone" it tonight (I'm at work) with recursive and we'll see. Thanks for your help ! :)

Reactions: Februarysn0w

Akurosia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Most likely you have the security function enabled (which i think is default setting).
Just run following command from the git shell: "git config --global http.sslVerify false" (without ")
After this try again: "git clone --recursive git://github.com/AuroraWright/AuReiNand.git" and it should work fine.

vexhash

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Got a9lh and right now i'm booting in aureinand emunand.
My question is - what is better, having aureinand on sysnand or emunand? I know about faster loading speed while using sysnand, but i'm more curious about... propriety. Are there any benefits having CFW on sysnand? Will i ever need emunand if i'll got CFW on sysnand? Are there any dangers?
...Asking this only because i got fresh sysnand and fresh emunand and now i wonder where should i install all cias...

Last edited by vexhash,

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question is - what is better, having aureinand on sysnand or emunand? I know about faster loading speed while using sysnand, but i'm more curious about... propriety. Are there any benefits having CFW on sysnand? Will i ever need emunand if i'll got CFW on sysnand? Are there any dangers?
You don't have to install GBA/DSiWare on both NANDs, only sysNAND.

Other than that, not really. What ever you feel like using, go for it. As for any dangers? Who knows? My guess is that it has the same dangers as emuNAND.

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
I think whether you switch your emunand stuff to sysnand and vice versa or not doesn't matter really. They both run the same now with a9lh.

Queen of SoS

Story of Seasons Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does reinand work for O3ds or is it just for N3ds if it does work can someone send me a video or link to setting it up.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
lol I didnt even mention I made some small modifications myself to it yesterday over on my github:
-if a /rei/use_patched_fw file exists then AuReiNand will only write the patched firmware needed for reboots once and after that re-use this existing one, making the startup ever so slightly faster and saving some sd write cycles
-split patched_firmware to now also create patched_emu_firmware, this is done just in case somebody uses this option and needs a patched firmware for both sysnand and emunand
-added another reboot code file to handle that new firmware name for emunand exclusively
if you wanna check it out for whatever reason here is a build. I also made a pull request for it here cause I think this would be neat to have in the main build.

Reactions: Madridi

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
lol I didnt even mention I made some small modifications myself to it yesterday over on my github:
-if a /rei/use_patched_fw file exists then AuReiNand will only write the patched firmware needed for reboots once and after that re-use this existing one, making the startup ever so slightly faster and saving some sd write cycles
-split patched_firmware to now also create patched_emu_firmware, this is done just in case somebody uses this option and needs a patched firmware for both sysnand and emunand
-added another reboot code file to handle that new firmware name for emunand exclusively
if you wanna check it out for whatever reason here is a build. I also made a pull request for it here cause I think this would be neat to have in the main build.
nice, seems like those additions could be really helped with 3.6.x or 3.7 whichever comes first.

Games&Stuff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where do I use the firmware90.bin for? Also, does it have any benefits different from the ones of arm9loaderhax.bin? And how do I let to autoupdate it or something for new updates? (sorry newb to this)

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where do I use the firmware90.bin for? Also, does it have any benefits different from the ones of arm9loaderhax.bin? And how do I let to autoupdate it or something for new updates? (sorry newb to this)
It's so you can boot 9.2. Place the file in the /rei/ folder, alongside the firmware.bin file.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nice, I think the small boot speed boost is really noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one