Not open for further replies.

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
people say menuhax is better and i dont wanna downgrade my N3DSXL
It's not better in any ways. a9lh has, at least, 100% boot rate and faster boot times. If you wanna take risks, just use fasthax and latest SafeA9LHInstaller to install it without downgrading. Just follow that guide to a T and you'll have a9lh in less than 1 hour.

Last edited by Hyoretsu,

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use both emunand on two machines and a9lh on two other machines. It does not really matter. If you have emunand, keep it. If you have a new device and want to hack it, go for a9lh. Consider there is a small risk of bricking the device if you take the a9lh route.

Hyoretsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I use both emunand on two machines and a9lh on two other machines. It does not really matter. If you have emunand, keep it. If you have a new device and want to hack it, go for a9lh. Consider there is a small risk of bricking the device if you take the a9lh route.
Less than 1% chance of bricking. If you have EmuNAND, install a9lh, make a backup of your EmuNAND, restore it to your updated SysNAND and delete your EmuNAND for 2GB additional storage.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Less than 1% chance of bricking. If you have EmuNAND, install a9lh, make a backup of your EmuNAND, restore it to your updated SysNAND and delete your EmuNAND for 2GB additional storage.

yes, could do that. but I am too lazy for that 2GB. Do not care about boot rates since the device is always on.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emunand can always be restored if you brick it. Just swap out your sd card clone. Sysnand can sometimes only be fixed by hardmodding and writing back your nand.bin.

Hyoretsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Emunand can always be restored if you brick it. Just swap out your sd card clone. Sysnand can sometimes only be fixed by hardmodding and writing back your nand.bin.
If you're a normal person, you won't do anything that'll even break your NAND. So I guess SysNAND still is safe. And, as you said, only sometimes. Some rare times.

My1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
stupid question. is there a way to hide the homebrew stuff (like FBI and anything installed with it) unless booting up with a certain button combo or whatever?

My1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
maybe that not everyone can see and/or use it. I mean when ppl see custom firmware with freeshop installed (even if I just DL out-of-region demos) anti-cfw ppl may think and/or say and/or do really bad stuff.
pretty much a similar reason why "CFW wars" are not allowed in this thread.
also when I let other ppl use my 3DS they dont need to see my "admin tools" simply just because.

Last edited by My1,

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe that not everyone can see and/or use it. I mean when ppl see custom firmware with freeshop installed (even if I just DL out-of-region demos) anti-cfw ppl may think and/or say and/or do really bad stuff.
also when I let other ppl use my 3DS they dont need to see my "admin tools" simply just because.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-kecleon-patch-for-luma3ds.455090/

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have a guilty conscience hu?

My1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Last edited by My1,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1