Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally formatted my microsd and now my N3DS wont turn on. Is it bricked?
Copy arm9loaderhax.bin from the Luma3DS distribution back to the SD card.

How exactly did you "accidentally" format it, anyway? 3DS doesn't have an option to format the entire SD card on the system itself.

Reactions: MegaBox

MegaBox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copy arm9loaderhax.bin from the Luma3DS distribution back to the SD card.

How exactly did you "accidentally" format it, anyway? 3DS doesn't have an option to format the entire SD card on the system itself.
I deleted all the folders in the card thinking it was another but alas it was my card for 3ds

RacsoSakuraba

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Is it possible to create an option to choose a splash screen? for example: None, Splash.bin/Splashbottom.bin (default?),Splash1.bin/Splashbottom1.bin, Splash2.bin/Splashbottom2.bin. With a maximum of... 5 for example? And that to select is something like the brightness. It's just an idea that occurred to me hahaha

Last edited by RacsoSakuraba,

skyldgh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

laplacier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've A9LH'd a few 3DSes before and now I'm helping a friend from afar do it to his New 3DS and he's come across an issue while trying to configure Luma. When he tries to save any settings he has selected on the config menu, it tells him "An error has occured: Error writing to configuration file"

He's tried a different SD card and tried redownloading the Luma payload to his SD card with no success. He tried deleting config.bin and trying again but same thing. I gave him my own config.bin file to try and that didn't work either. I've searched around for people with similar issues and those are the only suggestions I have found.

Luma is holding him hostage at this point and won't let him get into his SysNAND with this error.

EDIT: It looks like this issue got resolved. He could not configure Luma on 2.1 firmware on his New 3DS, but when I got him to skip over to updating to 9.2 it started working again after he flashed 9.2 firmware.

Last edited by laplacier,

7amdiano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
could someone please explain to me why should i love luma3ds ? i have it installed and i don't really understand it , why do i have three NANDs [emu, sys and emuS] and which of them is better and (when the time comes) how do i update emunand ? is it the same as updating GWnand ?
i tried to find the answers to my questions in the wiki and couldn't find them .
ps
i know how good the Signature checks removal and Region lock removal are and the fact that luma let's me benefit from N3DS processing power on older games is fucking awesome .

player0

Trophies
XP
Country
Seriously no one have any idea nor have the same problem? Third time asking it.
Can't load any installed video on New 3ds sysnand 11.2 and Luna 6.6. Simply jumps back to menu and asks for system restart.

NickV0

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
So,i tried to do that tutorial to not get a black screen with TWLoader,but now i get a black screen when i boot the 3ds,i can still access the Luma configuration menu,but when i try to do the tutorial for fixing the black screen,it just gives me an error when i save.Can anybody help me,please?

eroz76

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously no one have any idea nor have the same problem? Third time asking it.
Can't load any installed video on New 3ds sysnand 11.2 and Luna 6.6. Simply jumps back to menu and asks for system restart.
No idea...did you use an auto-updater to for luma? perhaps it didn't do it correctly. Update luma manually and try again.

ChioneAkhery

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone, I'm fairly new in this field so bare with me.
I'm getting trouble booting the Luma3Ds menu on my N3DS, I followed step-by-step on a guide to downgrade my N3DS from 11.2 to 2.1 then started following the guide on installing 'arm9loaderhax' (https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax) when attempting to boot the Luma3DS (Holding select while powering it on) it only boots straight to the default Nintendo launcher/screen.
Not to sure what I did wrong, followed the steps in order, only thing I did notice was the last step before configuring Luma3DS, it said to copy my console specific 'OTP.bin' there was only 'firm.bin's and 'secret_sector.bin' in my /a9lh/ folder from my SD Card

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I'm fairly new in this field so bare with me.
I'm getting trouble booting the Luma3Ds menu on my N3DS, I followed step-by-step on a guide to downgrade my N3DS from 11.2 to 2.1 then started following the guide on installing 'arm9loaderhax' (https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax) when attempting to boot the Luma3DS (Holding select while powering it on) it only boots straight to the default Nintendo launcher/screen.
Not to sure what I did wrong, followed the steps in order, only thing I did notice was the last step before configuring Luma3DS, it said to copy my console specific 'OTP.bin' there was only 'firm.bin's and 'secret_sector.bin' in my /a9lh/ folder from my SD Card

Obviously you missed bunch of files/step(s).

Go to https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax and start again from the top of the page.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

firke_the_one

*insert custom title*
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hello everyone, I downloaded the 6.6 version of Luma3DS and I installed it on my 3DS with already installed Luma3DS 6.5, but after I updated I can't boot into SysNAND, the screen is black and nothing is happening, I can access the Luma3DS menu by holding SELECT and I can boot into EmuNAND normaly, I tried to turn on the developer option ErrDisp but I still get a black screen. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Stepcroc, I'm stuck.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Those are monitor lizards you dunce.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm funny. lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs and roasted potatoes came out good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching the first omen and so far it's not the priest doing the scaring
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Shouldn't the kid be the scary one?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The second omen: the chior boy gets his revenge
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reverse exorcist: it's when you hire a demon to remove the priest out of a small child.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hire Kendrick Drake possessed a minor again
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, I'd run away from his singing too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Drakes still allowed to use his Instagram
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like everyone has some great imaginary friends
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Yeah, that was insane.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Don't know what Drake was even thinking.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What every rich scumbag thinks that they can put their dick on anything and get away with it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I better hide my silicone Tifa doll
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What did Drake do, exactly? I don't follow celeb gossip.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Supposed accusations that Drake groomed a minor.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Allegedly groomed a 17 year old Instagram model or something along those lines
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yep, something like that.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1MJtV0UPI8