Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Hmm that's odd. Yeah the ctrtransfer method basically lowers your n3ds all the way to 2.1 and then when you access that website you either: get a funky screen and have to go at it blind or get a menu saying press select to install.

Sounds like maybe you didn't download the v3 of the files from plailetc's guide

V3 versions of which files? I did this for my O3DS earlier this morning and it worked fine

Sephirosu

Trophies
XP
Country
V3 versions of which files? I did this for my O3DS earlier this morning and it worked fine

Nvm you should be good if you're following the guide today. There used to be an OTPless version that included a v4 of the data input files which you should have downloaded but they took said files out.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Still don't get why your browser isn't working thou.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
seriously... u didn't change to n3ds tuto?

I did, they are basically similar, only difference is for N3DS you can backup emuNand etc. and with O3DS i had to downgrade

Nvm you should be good if you're following the guide today. There used to be an OTPless version that included a v4 of the data input files which you should have downloaded but they took said files out.

http://imgur.com/2FuqARJ

2FuqARJ

Still don't get why your browser isn't working thou.

Im searching online, so many other apparently have problems too, this is a common issue, N3DS struggles with browser exploits more I guess

Last edited by Miles54321,

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Alright, Luma is running now on the old reiNAND.
Now I need to update from 9.5 -> 11.2. Should I update it from System Settings first before updating Luma? I Just reconfigured menuhax to autoboot into HBL unless you hold L+R, and that should keep it from booting into sysNAND. So I should be safe to update emuNAND without worrying about updating sys instead, right?

Thanks again. Was this explained in the 3ds.guide? I read it through about 6 times and never saw mention of putting the .bin in the root of the card. Only saw where it said to put it in the /luma/payloads folder.

12. Copy arm9loaderhax.bin from the Luma3DS zip to the root of your SD card, overwrite existing files

I did, they are basically similar, only difference is for N3DS you can backup emuNand etc. and with O3DS i had to downgrade

Im searching online, so many other apparently have problems too, this is a common issue, N3DS struggles with browser exploits more I guess

can you screen your sd cart root folder

Alright, Luma is running now on the old reiNAND.
Now I need to update from 9.5 -> 11.2. Should I update it from System Settings first before updating Luma? I Just reconfigured menuhax to autoboot into HBL unless you hold L+R, and that should keep it from booting into sysNAND. So I should be safe to update emuNAND without worrying about updating sys instead, right?.

check if you're on emunand then update to 11.2

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
from what i see you have no arm11.bin on root

I have arm9loaderhax.bin but no arm11.bin, I never saw that in the tutorial, it doesnt ever tell you to get it

It just mentions several other files such as: "hblauncher_loader.cia", "lumaupdater.cia", "FBI.cia", aeskeydb.bin, DspDump.3dsx, Hourglass9.bin

Doesnt the exploit ADD that file that I need?

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have arm9loaderhax.bin but no arm11.bin, I never saw that in the tutorial, it doesnt ever tell you to get it

It just mentions several other files such as: "hblauncher_loader.cia", "lumaupdater.cia", "FBI.cia", aeskeydb.bin, DspDump.3dsx, Hourglass9.bin

yup that's it you forgot to extract theSafeA9LHInstaller folder files are there

and you have a bunch of useless file on root ( NVM they're just your saves)

Last edited by keyra,

Sephirosu

Trophies
XP
Country

The arm11 is inside the safeA9HL rar. Again go over the list of files you needed to download and make sure you download and place all of the needed ones where they belong.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
yup that's it you forgot to extract the SafeA9LHInstaller folder files are there

and you have a bunch of useless file on root ( NVM they're just your saves)

Thank you, looks like I got sloppy on the 2nd run doing this hack, I did it for my O3DS but i guess I missed out the SafeA9LH Files this time round

Thanks again :D

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been having an issue getting Yoshi's new Island running on LUMA 6.6. I never tried it before, so I honestly don't know if this is a new issue or not. I tried getting the file from CIAngel, Freeshop, that iso site, and I went as far as buying a legit physical copy today from gamestop. Every single one hangs as soon as you pick a file to start. Since every single version I have tried hangs there (even a physical cart) I am beginning to think it might be a issue with LUMA. Any ideas?

D

Deleted-368796

check if you're on emunand then update to 11.2
I did, and updated. Now have Luma running on emuNAND 11.2

I don't know why peeps are saying menuhax is unsafe. If you set it to load the hax by default (have to hold buttons to boot sysNAND instead), then there is no risk unless you removed the SD card. I was worried it might kick back to the sysNAND right after updating from System Settings in the emuNAND, but it still booted to HBL as configured just fine.
Until more is understood about these bricks, and more bugs squished in A9LH, I think I am just going to run it this way. Boot rate so far for Luma is 80-90%. That is better than I was having luck with on rei.

12. Copy arm9loaderhax.bin from the Luma3DS zip to the root of your SD card, overwrite existing files
Yes, I realized I'd overlooked this. Replied to someone else who pointed that out a few posts before yours.

joeh1974

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been having an issue getting Yoshi's new Island running on LUMA 6.6. I never tried it before, so I honestly don't know if this is a new issue or not. I tried getting the file from CIAngel, Freeshop, that iso site, and I went as far as buying a legit physical copy today from gamestop. Every single one hangs as soon as you pick a file to start. Since every single version I have tried hangs there (even a physical cart) I am beginning to think it might be a issue with LUMA. Any ideas?

I'm also on LUMA 6.6, and tried running a installed .cia version of it. Ran with no issues, so I don't think it's a problem with LUMA.

Reactions: BORTZ

Sephirosu

Trophies
XP
Country
Could be one of those games that doesn't work with the l2+clock option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1