Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted-368796

1. Nope, but it just takes longer to load and sometimes fails to load so you need to reboot

2. They will share the titles

Thank you very much. Just what I wanted to hear.

Do you know if there are any issues updating the FW in Luma if going this route?
Since installs are shared, I am assuming updating Luma to the newest FW will also be the same FW that rei will be on then.
My reiNAND was the 3rd release from the original. Afraid it will not boot after updating the FW.

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much. Just what I wanted to hear.

Do you know if there are any issues updating the FW in Luma if going this route?
Since installs are shared, I am assuming updating Luma to the newest FW will also be the same FW that rei will be on then.
My reiNAND was the 3rd release from the original. Afraid it will not boot after updating the FW.

updating with luma3ds is fine, it works on the newest firmware. rei will be on the same FW luma3ds would run since it is the same emunand. reiNAND is an old and no longer supported cfw, so it might not support newer firmwares

Reactions: Deleted-368796

idiotse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am at a total loss at instaling the arm9 hax and Luma.
I am on sysnand 4.4.0-10E
I always used Gateway exploit until now (system settings + red gateway card).
I deleted the Gateway files from my SD card.
I downloaded and copied the files from the Luma wiki https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-upgrade
I ran the 6.x ROP since I run the mset exploit, got a message it was successfull.
When I try to use the mset exploit I see a modified version of my profile settings, it displays Luma.
How do I proceed from here?????

I cannot complete this step since there is no Luma folder to be found:
To boot 3.x-4.x NANDs, you need to load FIRM from the SD card.
Download this file and rename it to firmware.bin, then this other file and rename it to cetk, then copy both of them to the luma folder.
Try with version 6.3 , ive same problem with 6.6

Otomok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i recently switched from a 8 gb sd to a 32 gb sd and now lumia boots only sysnand did i forget to do something wen switching cards? i copyed everything from the 8 gig to the 32 gig

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i recently switched from a 8 gb sd to a 32 gb sd and now lumia boots only sysnand did i forget to do something wen switching cards? i copyed everything from the 8 gig to the 32 gig
You didn't back up emuNAND, which is stored in a separate partition. You need to back up the emuNAND partition using Hourglass9 on the 8 GB card, then create an emuNAND partition on the 32 GB card. (Note that creating the emuNAND partition will wipe the card, so back up everything first.)

mchew

Advanced Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Aurora Wright Will you be implementing the payload menu in the next version? It's super convenient.

20161127_192843.jpg

masterzed

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi volks,

what wrong! iam using luma v6. and runs perfecty. When i try to change the old files with auptodate Version, Luma dont start.
Menuhax over bootmenu. Any ideas why? so i cant update luma. hmm

thanks all

RosDeepHow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. I just finished installing luma3ds and a9lh and got my system updated to 11.2. How do I make my system boot back into the original 9.2 firmware? On the me u at startup when holding select, holding R option does nothing. It still shows my system settings on 11.2 firmware. Is my sysnand permanently updated? I followed Phailect's guide and it said it would be fine. I dont have any emunands, and booting without the sd card still has me on 11.2. Im mainly doing this for wanting to use the web browser exploits that were possible on 9.2

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. I just finished installing luma3ds and a9lh and got my system updated to 11.2. How do I make my system boot back into the original 9.2 firmware? On the me u at startup when holding select, holding R option does nothing. It still shows my system settings on 11.2 firmware. Is my sysnand permanently updated? I followed Phailect's guide and it said it would be fine. I dont have any emunands, and booting without the sd card still has me on 11.2. Im mainly doing this for wanting to use the web browser exploits that were possible on 9.2
you don't have an emunand anymore, your sysnand was updated, which is one of the main advantages of arm9loaderhax. what exactly did you want to do with the web browser that you can't do with other tools?

Reactions: Shadow#1

RosDeepHow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you don't have an emunand anymore, your sysnand was updated, which is one of the main advantages of arm9loaderhax. what exactly did you want to do with the web browser that you can't do with other tools?
Mostly spider exploits but I guess I need to find an alternative.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
@Aurora Wright

Do I need some new lib or program to compile myself the Luma3DS?
Cause I have everything updated and I'm getting this error:

arm-none-eabi-gcc -Xlinker --defsym="__start__=0x14000000" -specs=3dsx.specs -mcpu=mpcore -mfloat-abi=hard -mtp=soft -o build/injector.elf build/romfsredir.bin.o build/patcher.o build/loader.o build/fsldr.o build/pxipm.o build/memory.o source/CFWInfo.s build/srvsys.o build/ifile.o build/fsreg.o build/strings.o -L/opt/devkitpro/libctru/lib -lctru
Makefile:51: recipe for target '../build/injector.bin' failed
make[1]: *** [../build/injector.bin] Falha de segmentação
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/grayjack/Sources/Luma3DS/injector'
Makefile:84: recipe for target 'build/injector.bin' failed
make: *** [build/injector.bin] Error 2

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users