Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted-368796

Ok, hold on. You can use Luma without having to run it over top of the sysNAND? So it is basically like an emuNAND.
My sysNAND is on 9.0 and I'd like to stay there for now. I am using menuhax to boot into Homebrew Launcher, then going to a now very old version of reiNAND.
Can I set up LUMA as a emuNAND and possibly keep the ability to launch either one from the HBL?

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, hold on. You can use Luma without having to run it over top of the sysNAND? So it is basically like an emuNAND.
My sysNAND is on 9.0 and I'd like to stay there for now. I am using menuhax to boot into Homebrew Launcher, then going to a now very old version of reiNAND.
Can I set up LUMA as a emuNAND and possibly keep the ability to launch either one from the HBL?

yes and yes

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Is it normal for a 7 day system transfer period to last 8 days?

I should have been able to transfer my system back 4 hours ago from the time last Saturday that my system transfer completed... But it still says I have a day to wait, which is bullshit.

Vyse505

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, I did follow the guide with the installation and Luma is running super smooth, but when bringing up the configuration page I seem to be missing the option for region/language emu, and ext. . . .code.

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, I did follow the guide with the installation and Luma is running super smooth, but when bringing up the configuration page I seem to be missing the option for region/language emu, and ext. . . .code.

Ensure you have the latest Luma3DS release (6.6)

Vyse505

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ensure you have the latest Luma3DS release (6.6)
From the image it is showing that I am running the latest version, and I followed this guide for the installation. https://3ds.guide/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I fixed the issue.When I checked the update, I did the hourly update instead of the normal one. Thank you though and continue the great work.

Attachments

• 15225198_10154798448663408_543804303_o.jpg
    15225198_10154798448663408_543804303_o.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 1,443
Reactions: Posghetti

wiinwinn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
i cannot update Luma3ds. when i launch the luma Updater v.1.4.2 and update it.

It always show update failed with the bottom screen shows

"could not get status code
Ret code: -660561850
FATAL
Could not get A9LH payload."

any help ?? really appreciate :)

Last edited by wiinwinn,

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
i cannot update Luma3ds. when i launch the luma Updater v.1.4.2 and update it.

It always show update failed with the bottom screen shows

"could not get status code
Ret code: -660561850
FATAL
Could not get A9LH payload."

any help ?? really appreciate :)
Did you put arm9loaderhax.bin file root of sdcard?

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it normal for a 7 day system transfer period to last 8 days?

I should have been able to transfer my system back 4 hours ago from the time last Saturday that my system transfer completed... But it still says I have a day to wait, which is bullshit.

why do you have to wait days for a system transfer?

MagitekMayhem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wrote a topic going into an issue I'm having on this, but had a specific question regarding updating while I try to fix things on my own. I'm on an old 3DS, and had to do the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer, so I skipped the part that requires the firmware file [Installing Arm9loaderhax, Section IV, step 2]. After doing System Update, my system still says it's on 9.2. Is this normal? As my topic in the boards says, I'm having an issue where Luma3DS nor Save Managers are working, I'm wondering if adding the firmware.bin will fix it, but I'm afraid of it failing and updating it to a point where I can't downgrade again.

Last edited by MagitekMayhem,

PidgeonRave

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

paulie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am at a total loss at instaling the arm9 hax and Luma.
I am on sysnand 4.4.0-10E
I always used Gateway exploit until now (system settings + red gateway card).
I deleted the Gateway files from my SD card.
I downloaded and copied the files from the Luma wiki https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-upgrade
I ran the 6.x ROP since I run the mset exploit, got a message it was successfull.
When I try to use the mset exploit I see a modified version of my profile settings, it displays Luma.
How do I proceed from here?????

I cannot complete this step since there is no Luma folder to be found:
To boot 3.x-4.x NANDs, you need to load FIRM from the SD card.
Download this file and rename it to firmware.bin, then this other file and rename it to cetk, then copy both of them to the luma folder.

D

Deleted-368796

Are there any downfalls or issues with running Luma as an emuNAND? Besides the space savings.
Mostly concerned with the ability to update Luma. Seems there have been some issues lately.

Other question is, will both emuNANDs (rei and Luma) share the same installed titles, or will those stay separated?
Just want the newest games that require newer FW and Nintendo servers to be able to connect. For downloading and what not. I rarely ever play online.

I have my reasons for staying on 9.0 sysNAND for now.

yes and yes
Thank you.

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any downfalls or issues with running Luma as an emuNAND? Besides the space savings.
Mostly concerned with the ability to update Luma. Seems there have been some issues lately.

Other question is, will both emuNANDs (rei and Luma) share the same installed titles, or will those stay separated?
Just want the newest games that require newer FW and Nintendo servers to be able to connect. For downloading and what not. I rarely ever play online.

I have my reasons for staying on 9.0 sysNAND for now.

Thank you.

1. Nope, but it just takes longer to load and sometimes fails to load so you need to reboot

2. They will share the titles

WingEraser

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Attachments

• 60417d67-2446-4f9b-81a2-9493b144ab2a.jpg
    60417d67-2446-4f9b-81a2-9493b144ab2a.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 308
Status
Not open for further replies.