Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You use star to grab it? Seems its having some issues atm.
No, From github release page. normal version very fine so I think I'm doing something wrong. should I put firmware.bin in the luma folder?

Sent from my 403SC using Tapatalk

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
No, From github release page. normal version very fine so I think I'm doing something wrong. should I put firmware.bin in the luma folder?

Not sure I don't use it. There was some people on discord talking about the dev issue but they used star to get it. Good to see its not an issue with that.

ederenzi78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Great! What's the use of recovery mode? In wiki I read that one of the standard features is "ARM9LoaderHax and FIRM write-protection", which means that if I have A9LH and I boot Luma3DS on SysNand, I can safely updated SysNand Firmware without the risk of losing A9LH. Is there something different? Thanks

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Great! What's the use of recovery mode? In wiki I read that one of the standard features is "ARM9LoaderHax and FIRM write-protection", which means that if I have A9LH and I boot Luma3DS on SysNand, I can safely updated SysNand Firmware without the risk of losing A9LH. Is there something different? Thanks

You're asking about two different things. Recovery/safe mode is what you get when you boot the console with L, R, Up, and A being held, which, before an update to Luma a few weeks ago, would brick your console if you updated through it on New 3DS, and remove A9LH altogether on Old 3DS. But now it's safe to use it.

As for the other question, yes, FIRM write protection means that A9LH will be kept safe if you use sysNAND CFW. There are a lot of people using 11.0 sysNAND CFW, with A9LH perfectly intact. :P

Reactions: fitz420

Rodrigo Mafra

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is anyone having trouble playing online on 11.0 sys?
I'v followed de the Plailect guide months ago and everything was fine, even playing on line. but after the update to 11.0 i'v been asked to update the system in order to play online....

ederenzi78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for the answer. Can I ask another thing? I have A9LH with Luma3DS on SysNAND (11.0). Is there a way, with a button combination, to boot the 3DS using completely the native SysNand firmware (i.e. without patches automatically applied)?

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Is anyone having trouble playing online on 11.0 sys?
I'v followed de the Plailect guide months ago and everything was fine, even playing on line. but after the update to 11.0 i'v been asked to update the system in order to play online....
backup sysnand and update it. some system.title or module is missing or old.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Love the new release, but I would like to mention one thing. If you are not running Luma3DS as your main and you close the system settings, it will soft reset back to your main. So for example mine is running A9LH with ctrbootmanager9, SaltFW as my main. Closing the System settings in Luma, will cause it to reset to SaltFW.

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Love the new release, but I would like to mention one thing. If you are not running Luma3DS as your main and you close the system settings, it will soft reset back to your main. So for example mine is running A9LH with ctrbootmanager9, SaltFW as my main. Closing the System settings in Luma, will cause it to reset to SaltFW.
Can't do anything about it, because a soft reboot occurs and a9lh is triggered again :/

Sachi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to patch instances of "blocks" and replace them with their equivalent MB/GBs?
Because I'm assuming it would require either background calculation processes or some reference sheet with ranges of blocks to rounded GBs, right?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Can't do anything about it, because a soft reboot occurs and a9lh is triggered again :/
It's not a complaint, just an observation. Otherwise the feature works just fine when running Luma3DS as a main. It's still a solid release!

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the answer. Can I ask another thing? I have A9LH with Luma3DS on SysNAND (11.0). Is there a way, with a button combination, to boot the 3DS using completely the native SysNand firmware (i.e. without patches automatically applied)?

No. I think the closest you'll get is using Cakes as a payload with most patches unchecked. Make sure to keep the FIRM patch though for obvious safety reasons.

Kameryn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nvm got it working, turns out its a weird little glitch thing with that custom bootctr

Hey Tyler, I seem to have the same issue (Luma3DS FW11 on N3DS) GBA games load a black screen. Do you recall how you got it working? What do you mean by the custom bootctr?

Update: Got it working! I used Riku's AGB_FIRM tutorial for N3DS and an old version of FBI that lets you change the install destination to NAND.

Note: the 3DS splash doesn't show up any more when starting a GBA game, but after 15 seconds the game starts? Weird, but whatever, it works! yay :)

Last edited by Kameryn,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi