Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What do you want to tell us? Didn't understand.
If you were talking about the possibility of loading two different payloads, yes you can do it, it's not something new.
The main difference is that, now, the payload named default.bin in /aurei/payloads can be load using L+R. Other payloads (named after buttons such as up.bin, a.bin, etc...) can be load using L+the button associated to the payload. Example: L+A loads the payload named a.bin in /aurei/payloads)

Yes it is. ;)

I had an idea but I don't know if it is possible. Nothing great about the CFW just something that may be slightly easier to use for people who have 5, 6 payloads. When it's time to update those, I sometimes forget which one is up.bin for example.
I was wondering if it would be possible to load the file that starts by "up".

AuReiNand would try to start the payload that starts by "up" when we press L+UP. For example, "up_decrypt9.bin".

As I said it, I don't know if it possible but I think it would be really convenient.

Isn't firm protection enabled by default? I didn't know you could choose to turn it off.

Koryushin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had an idea but I don't know if it is possible. Nothing great about the CFW just something that may be slightly easier to use for people who have 5, 6 payloads. When it's time to update those, I sometimes forget which one is up.bin for example.

AuReiNand would try to start the payload that starts by "up" when we press L+UP. For example, "up_decrypt9.bin".

As I said it, I don't know if it possible but I think it would be really convenient.

Or a .cfg file to associate a button to .bin
i think it's simplier.

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What files are safe to delete on the SD card now that I've installed the latest version of AuReiNand? I know that I can delete updatedsysnand" and "usepatchedfw". Any others?

D

Deleted User

What files are safe to delete on the SD card now that I've installed the latest version of AuReiNand? I know that I can delete updatedsysnand" and "usepatchedfw". Any others?

Pretty much everything except the firm files, config, and the payloads directory. EmuNAND/Reboot/Loader.bin have all been merged into the main .dat/a9lh.bin

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there supposed to be anything in the payloads directory? If so, what? Mine is empty.
It isn't necessary to put anything there unless you want. It's the built-in boot manager folder, you can put some payloads there like Decrypt9 or Uncart to boot via A9LH. It's pretty useful if you don't have a 9.2 sys/emuNAND around.

Reactions: astronautlevel

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It isn't necessary to put anything there unless you want. It's the built-in boot manager folder, you can put some payloads there like Decrypt9 or Uncart to boot via A9LH. It's pretty useful if you don't have a 9.2 sys/emuNAND around.

Ninja'd before I edited my post. LoL. I was looking at the wrong directory and realized that I do actually have those in there.

I do have another question though. I have N3DS w/a9lh and no emunand... what's the difference of using the different firmware.bin files? I'm currently using the NTR as that's what the guide I used said to use, but what happens if I use on of the other two?

NTR/rei-n3ds/firmware.bin (currently using)
A9LH/rei-n3ds/firmware90.bin
rei-n3ds/firmware.bin

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States

Should be possible using regex to parse the file names. An expression like /^(up.*\.bin)$/ would match up.bin, up_decrypt9.bin, up_EmuNAND9.bin, etc. Not sure how it would work in the CFW though :P

I may try figuring it out though.

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I have a new question concerning the new AuReiNAND configuration menu.

What do the options "Use pre-patched FIRMs" and "Force A9LH detection" do?
Ninja'd before I edited my post. LoL. I was looking at the wrong directory and realized that I do actually have those in there.

I do have another question though. I have N3DS w/a9lh and no emunand... what's the difference of using the different firmware.bin files? I'm currently using the NTR as that's what the guide I used said to use, but what happens if I use on of the other two?

NTR/rei-n3ds/firmware.bin (currently using)
A9LH/rei-n3ds/firmware90.bin
rei-n3ds/firmware.bin
The default one (rei-n3ds/firmware.bin) is 10.4 FIRM. The NTR one is 10.2 FIRM. Not a lot of difference between the two really, I don't think anything requires 10.4 FIRM, but the 10.2 FIRM is the latest supported by NTR (hence its name). The firmware90.bin in the A9LH folder is the 9.0 FIRM used for loading 9.0-9.2 emuNANDs.

Reactions: DrakeLyon

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After that I read your first post and some more readme's, but could not find the answer to my questions:
- What is the right R-trigger exactly used for?
- How is it different from the L-trigger (which requires firmware90.bin)?
Holding R boots your EmuNAND with the 10.4 firmware (which is what the firmware.bin on your SD card is) rather than the 9.0 firmware.

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece

I was thinking about that since the afternoon, but was too lazy to suggest it. +1

Reactions: astronautlevel
D

Deleted User

That would be nice. That way people would know what each file is if they forgot.

I can see it being useful, but if you don't mind changing things, just edit a few lines in loader.c.

Edited mine to load D9.bin/A9install.bin/uncart.bin etc... you can throw a couple comments if you forget what keys they are.

mallocup77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was using sysNAND 9.2/emuNAND 10.7 with A9LH and AuReiNand but tonight I decided to switch to updated SyNAND + AuReiNand. Now I'm having some issues when launching a VC game (either official or custom). Sometimes the game won't launch and I get the message "an error has occurred, power off your system", maybe like in 10% of the times, or a bit less. Could this be related to AuReiNand? Does somebody have a clue about this?

Last edited by mallocup77,

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was using sysNAND 9.2/emuNAND 10.7 with A9LH and AuReiNand but tonight I decided to switch to updated SyNAND + AuReiNand. Now I'm having some issues when launching a VC game (either official or custom). Sometimes the game won't launch and I get the message "an error has occurred, power off your system", maybe like in 10% of the times, or a bit less. Could this be related to AuReiNand? Does somebody have a clue about this?
Which kind of VC game are you trying to run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ StealthD0g99: how