Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there can be a difference in taken space. With the redNAND format, you could cut the NAND image to the effectively used space and it would still work (you could save 600 MB or so on the 1,8GB N3DSes, for example), while the GW format forces you to have a full sized NAND image on SD
Would love a tool if req or a set of instructions to convert gateway to rednand.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
sorry if its been asked before, but on A9LH what should one backup just in case of mSD getting corrupted ? i do have my sysNAND/emuNAND/cia saves backed up already.

is there anything else?

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But do keep a 9.2 NAND backup in case you want to restore a 9.2 emuNAND for Gateway or some sort if you need it. (Assuming you're running updatedsysnand)
And keep lots of copies of otp.bin (and optionally otp0x108.bin) in multiple places. If you have multiple 3DSes, you may want to rename them to indicate which system they're for, e.g. "otp.SmashBrosO3DSXL.bin", "otp.PokemonN3DS.bin", or "otp.CW[serialnumber].bin".

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
holy sheep, that sounds amazing ! i am glad i installed a9lh then.. XD
thanks.
It's the same thing even if you dont have a9l. Just keep backups of the nands you are using, and your Nintendo 3ds folder(this is optional but stops you from losing games and their saves)

Reactions: leonmagnus99

Expliciate

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but how? i mean i can boot into GW emuNAND just fine..through menuhax so .. i am confused now ._.
EmuNAND should be fine for GW, but I don't know about running GW on 10.6 updatedsysnand since I don't have GW to test myself.
In short, your setup should be fine

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
EmuNAND should be fine for GW, but I don't know about running GW on 10.6 updatedsysnand since I don't have GW to test myself.
In short, your setup should be fine

i only use its emuNAND ever since i got it, only emuNAND because CIA >>>>> 3DS

is anyone here using BootCTR9 or any CTR manager with A9LH? maybe share it with me ?

i cant seem to get it working on my side, i get blackscreen.
i do not know how to set it up, advice on how to set it up will be appreciated :)

Last edited by leonmagnus99,
Reactions: saikorican

Epicdaftman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick question/request. I know it's possible to stop the updates from overwriting the FIRM0/1, but would it be possible to stop the eshop from removing installed themes and DLC? If possible, would it be hard, or just a simple fix?

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick question/request. I know it's possible to stop the updates from overwriting the FIRM0/1, but would it be possible to stop the eshop from removing installed themes and DLC? If possible, would it be hard, or just a simple fix?
I would think anything that blocks that would make it so the eshop can't do anything, making it useless.

Reactions: Epicdaftman

Manuel9181

GBAtemp Prosecutor
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Actually I'm using AuReiNand + A9LH with emuNand 10.6 and all my DLCs and custom themes (installed as a single .cia pack) aren't removed when I visit the Nintendo e-shop.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I'm using AuReiNand + A9LH with emuNand 10.6 and all my DLCs and custom themes (installed as a single .cia pack) aren't removed when I visit the Nintendo e-shop.
They're only removed if you own DLC for that game. If you don't own any DLC for that game, then they'll never be removed.

Reactions: Manuel9181
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: any mushroom trip adventures you can share