Hacking Looking to get a flashcard and I'm on firmware 4.2 (IIRC), the Zelda:OOT one...

David80008

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What's my options? Is SKY3DS the only one worth considering?

EDIT: Oh, regardless of what I choose, I guess my AK2i is a goner on my 3DS? (Not a problem, still have my 'phat' DS) :)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If you're below 4.5, a Gateway would be most suitable for you. You can patch the firmware to enable old flashcart support, so your Acekard will work again. Alternatively you can try out one of the many CFW's out there.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You can use a CFW (for free) but you'll be limited to games that require 4.x or lower firmware, no newish ones.

Other options are Cubic Ninja for RxTools, or a Gateway card. Both cost abut the same nowadays but Gateway gives you more flexibility and options, and is easier to use.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can use a CFW (for free) but you'll be limited to games that require 4.x or lower firmware, no newish ones.

Other options are Cubic Ninja for RxTools, or a Gateway card. Both cost abut the same nowadays but Gateway gives you more flexibility and options, and is easier to use.

rxTools is completly free.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If you're interested I'm selling a gateway. My firmware was too high, so I had to get the sky3ds
I still think you should have returned it and got a different one with lower fw. Btw, when you get your sky3ds, could you pm me and tell me where to order from and if it was delivered in good condition. My kid updated hers to 9.8 so now I need to get one for her.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'(