cornaljoe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My 3 year old laptop finally hit the bucket... it doesn't start anymore. I didn't realize how much I relied on it until it was gone and now I'm ready to get a replacement. I hated the fact that I couldn't play any 3D games on my old one. So I would like the new one to be able to game decently... like play Half-Life 2 or something but nothing too powerful. Also price comes into mind... $600 will be the max I would want to spend. I would also prefer it to be a Core 2 Duo, but I searched a little and they seem to be quite expensive. Anyone have any good links? I've only searched Dell as I heard they have pretty decent laptops.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
For decent gaming, you should aim for a laptop with one of those Nvidia 220M gpu, but you'd have to stretch your budget to 7XX USD. Those can play Crysis! Otherwise, you can go with near 2400 HD (4550) series graphics which can play source games and other games at medium settings. Don't go for the Intel integrated stuff however.

cornaljoe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, nice find on that Asus Rydian! Man, I wanted to stay away from Newegg... I recently moved into a state where I have to pay taxes there
frown.gif
. It is such a nice deal tho.... but taxes adds $55

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo