London riots: Violence erupts for third day

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
m3rox said:
This is what happens when you outlaw guns.
You're a dumbass. The last thing we need is these people armed. Outlawing guns did not cause these riots in any way. Hell with guns these could've been so much worse.

As for the riots this is just criminals pure and simple. People looking for people start violence, then other people join in because its a chance to screw over the Police that are doing their jobs protecting law-abiding citizens every day, cause that makes sense. Then somebody decides to smash a window and loot. Then more people do it because, HEY FREE STUFF! Then it just spirals from there, one area to the next. People don't know what the rioting started over, hell it didn't even really START over that issue, it was just people wanting trouble. One video I saw had a sky news reporter using a phone camera or something and videoing a shop being looted with no Police around. He asked a girl why she was doing it, she replied with "We is getting our taxes back". Its dumb as all hell.

I'm really disconnected from this story because I live just about the opposite end of the country from London (N-East Scotland) but I hope anybody near these riots who's not a part of it doesn't get hurt. And I hope as many people as possible are held to account for their actions.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
m3rox said:

Guns would have just inflamed the situation. Think about it, there's already chaos. Innocents using guns would make it even more chaotic.

Dark day for British society. Really we have some genuine issues, we as a society need to sort out.

ZPE

Trophies
Website
zpte.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I really regret not getting the week's shopping done now. Have to venture out tomorrow and hopefully the rioters haven't done enough damage to the local shops so I can get a few necessities. COBRA meeting's come a little late.

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
m3rox said:
How do you think guns would make the situation any better? o.o
sarcastic much :/

jalaneme said:
Tanveer said:
Hackney Central
_54494869_hackney_burnt_car.jpg

Follow on BBC Live: [url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14449675]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14449675[/url]

@jalaneme
If police can hold them up till tomorrow morning, I am sure things will be safer.

I am in my living room with the bat, just in case o.o

Its pretty quiet here in barking, but I can still hear sirens from far distance.

lolz i don't blame you, when it comes to protecting your family and everything you own it's survival of the fittest, i was thinking of getting one of my brooms from the cupboard to use as a weapon, it's better than nothing XD

Posts merged

QUOTE(m3rox @ Aug 9 2011, 12:14 AM)

+100 there is no way to protect yourself in situations like this.
Brooms wont help o.o. Seriously..

Police sirens suddenly got pretty loud here. Who knows, maybe the local shops down here got burnt or something -.-
I hope not..

Angel/Islington is apparently unaffected. Where as in Camden a group of people are on the street.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
ZPE said:
I really regret not getting the week's shopping done now. Have to venture out tomorrow and hopefully the rioters haven't done enough damage to the local shops so I can get a few necessities. COBRA meeting's come a little late.

Good old David Cameron is always on holiday when a crisis happens, that's why the cobra meeting isn't happening until tomorrow when he gets back.

(This is his fourth vacation in the last five months)

kaz_abdin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Its freakin horrible whats going on, just shocked. Good thing nothings happened in Forest Gate yet, just hope it stays like this until everything is under control..

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
ZPE said:

don#t worry about tomorrow, worry about FRIDAY which is when i go shopping, i'm so scared to go out but i have to buy food, this is getting crazy.

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
kaz_abdin said:
Its freakin horrible whats going on, just shocked. Good thing nothings happened in Forest Gate yet, just hope it stays like this until everything is under control..
I heard shops at green street got closed pretty early and police patrolling?

Well, green street is like a minute away from Forest Gate police station anyway.

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ThatDudeWithTheFood said:
If its a riot how would you get attacked?
Unless your a cop.
A lot of public damage has been done.
Including private vehicles, properties etc.

they are not specifically targetting police. who the heck knows who they will be targetting anyway.

kaz_abdin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tanveer said:
kaz_abdin said:
I heard shops at green street got closed pretty early and police patrolling?

Well, green street is like a minute away from Forest Gate police station anyway.

Yup, my Dad was asked to close his shop down early just incase anything starts. Sad that the local Tesco fell victim =/

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
ThatDudeWithTheFood said:
If its a riot how would you get attacked?
Unless your a cop.

I just heard reports on Sky News that rioters broke into peoples homes in Ealing to loot them too. One of the residents, an old lady said she woke up and found a man dressed in black standing next to her bed. The residents of the street called the police, but after an hour when the report was made they still hadn't sent anyone there.

mellow.gif

edit: The reporter there just gave an update, the police still haven't turned up so residents themselves had to chase the mob away who were carrying petrol bombs.

mellow.gif

ZPE

Trophies
Website
zpte.wordpress.com
XP
Country
heartgold said:
Don't think i'm getting any sleep tonight. Got a bat in my hand.
wink.gif

Haha, same except my weapon of choice is a curved axe. Don't plan on using it obviously.

QUOTE(ThatDudeWithTheFood @ Aug 9 2011, 12:42 AM) If its a riot how would you get attacked?
Unless your a cop.

Riot is a result of lawlessness. You'll get mugged most likely. Around here people have been mugged off their bikes, money, phones etc. These people aren't anarchists at all, more like criminals taking the opportunity of hardly any police presence to commit crimes regularly.

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
jalaneme said:
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit bromley where i live has been hit! OMG. i am so scared now.
Dont worry, just stay calm.
Police is not much of a help in this situation, but in case anything happens, evacuate to a safe place(where the heck is safe now anyway -.-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: idk