London riots: Violence erupts for third day

dragster215

Trophies
XP
Country
i'm in ilford, and all i hear are sirens. some shops in the town centre got broken into and looted, and most shops are closed. it is steadily getting worse

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
Chaz. said:
Dont know why Birmingham is rioting, nowhere near London!! I'm outside of Birmingham in Nottingham which is famous for having riots, gun crime and knife crime. Yet nothing here?
Which brings me back to my earlier post:
QUOTE(30084pm @ Aug 8 2011, 09:41 PM) Just an excuse for thugs and chavs to act like thugs and chavs...
frown.gif
Horrible stuff nonetheless...
Buildings being burnt down and businesses ruined just like that!
frown.gif

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dragster215 said:
i'm in ilford, and all i hear are sirens. some shops in the town centre got broken into and looted, and most shops are closed. it is steadily getting worse

frown.gif

Need to bring out the rubber bullets and water hoses. Police too soft
frown.gif

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
30084pm said:
Chaz. said:
Dont know why Birmingham is rioting, nowhere near London!! I'm outside of Birmingham in Nottingham which is famous for having riots, gun crime and knife crime. Yet nothing here?
Which brings me back to my earlier post:
QUOTE(30084pm @ Aug 8 2011, 09:41 PM) Just an excuse for thugs and chavs to act like thugs and chavs...
frown.gif
Horrible stuff nonetheless...
Buildings being burnt down and businesses ruined just like that!
frown.gif
Haven't seen you around lately
closedeyes.gif
, anyways I just tuned in LIVE on the link T provided, apparently some people are not stopping their children from stepping outside their homes, which is making it more difficult for the police to take control.
unsure.gif

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Tanveer said:
Just heard from my dads friend.. his shop near Mile End Underground station got smashed and set on fire.

this is just ridiculous
frown.gif
Shocking! I got the understand from there just before 8pm - I spoke to the chicken and chip shop owner right next to the station and he said they were locking up early to avoid the incoming attacks.

Also took this pic today on my way home (fire happened last night):

1aGMB.jpg

Whilst it is very easy to blame everything on senseless kids I think we'd benefit more from looking "outside the box" and asking ourselves why we now live in a society where so many people ("chavs") feel the need to commit such crimes.

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Armadillo said:
dragster215 said:

frown.gif

Need to bring out the rubber bullets and water hoses. Police too soft
frown.gif
I was expecting rubber bullts a little sooner.

Even down at barking, residential area, all I can hear.. sirens -.-

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dice said:
Whilst it is very easy to blame everything on senseless kids I think we'd benefit more from looking "outside the box" and ask ourselves why so many people feel the need to commit such crimes.

It's because they are scum. There's no excuse for it. They are scum and the countries soft, so they know they can get away with it. Probably catch some of them and have them do a bit of community service as anything else will infringe their human rights.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Now now now, you know how the riots have come about? No? Well fret not
lecture.gif
, here's your answer:-
The recent riots in London over the weekend are being linked to video games.

An unnamed police constable was quoted in the London Evening Standard today saying, "Go home, get a takeaway and watch anything that happens on TV. These are bad people who did this. Kids out of control. When I was young it was all Pacman and board games. Now they're playing Grand Theft Auto and want to live it for themselves."

Riots began in Tottenham, north London, on Saturday night after a local man, reportedly armed with a replica gun, was shot and killed by police on Thursday.

So far, police have arrested over 160 people and charged 16 of them with crimes for burglary and possession of weapons.[/p]

arrow.gif
Source

Silent Storm

Trophies
XP
Country
Basically what happened was there was an incident in Tottenham (not far from where I live) where a father of four was shot dead by the police. There was a story flying around that the guy shot at police, but the cops and sky news confirmed today that this was not the case.

So the family organize a peaceful protest to get answers which is hijacked by some guys that are not even a part of the fucking area looking for trouble. After that it basically started a chain reaction in the city where my area was hit, as well as other parts of London. This is pretty much a bunch of punks using this as an opportunity to ransack and completely destroy lives and shops. It's fucking madness.

gov78

Ha made you Look
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah i live in hackney it pretty crazy outside, i was in mare street near the empire today aswell just got cordened off by the police

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
SamAsh07 said:
Now now now, you know how the riots have come about? No? Well fret not
lecture.gif
, here's your answer:-
The recent riots in London over the weekend are being linked to video games.

An unnamed police constable was quoted in the London Evening Standard today saying, "Go home, get a takeaway and watch anything that happens on TV. These are bad people who did this. Kids out of control. When I was young it was all Pacman and board games. Now they're playing Grand Theft Auto and want to live it for themselves."

Riots began in Tottenham, north London, on Saturday night after a local man, reportedly armed with a replica gun, was shot and killed by police on Thursday.

So far, police have arrested over 160 people and charged 16 of them with crimes for burglary and possession of weapons.[/p]

arrow.gif
Source

TROLOLOLOLO

Let's blame video games! Hell yeah! Lets ignore the actual cause!

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Silent Storm said:
Basically what happened was there was an incident in Tottenham (not far from where I live) where a father of four was shot dead by the police. There was a story flying around that the guy shot at police, but the cops and sky news confirmed today that this was not the case.

So the family organize a peaceful protest to get answers which is hijacked by some guys that are not even a part of the fucking area looking for trouble. After that it basically started a chain reaction in the city where my area was hit, as well as other parts of London. This is pretty much a bunch of punks using this as an opportunity to ransack and completely destroy lives and shops. It's fucking madness.

Yeah like I said earlier, this is just opportunistic criminality plain and simple. The people doing this aren't fighting for any cause or standing up for anything. Its just crime committed by scum, plain and simple. They are vultures.

I bet if it was possible to ask them, hardly any of the rioters would even know what the name of the man who was shot dead is.

Its Mark Duggan by the way.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Oh, man, I'm very worried.

My brother is taking a vacation in London with his girlfriend. They're living at some hostel, a 10-20 km from central London. I tried texting them, but I'm getting no response....

I hope they're fine....

sad.gif

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
I thought they were rioting because a fella got shot by the police..not searched!

Fucking rioters are a bunch of c***s, wtf have the shop-owners and the innocent people who live in that area got to do with this fella getting killed by the police?! they're just a bunch of yobbo's trashing and looting shops, and burning peoples homes down...it's disgusting.
More deaths happen when people spit their dummy out, rather than control their anger...i hope they're sterilised so they can never bring their despicable spawn into this world. ¬_¬

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
30084pm said:
Tanveer said:
QUOTE said:
2215:

In Croydon, south London, a bus was set alight as rioters took to the streets.

I hope no one was on the bus :/
Yeah I just read that as well...
frown.gif

Shit is messed up...
I guess the bus was empty. They would have reported anyone injured.

@heartgold
my college is down at Elephant and Castle, not far from peckham. Dangerous either way even not taking the current situation in consideration :/.
I am guessing you wont dare to come Whitechappel tomorrow for dinner?

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Ace Faith said:
Oh, man, I'm very worried.

My brother is taking a vacation in London with his girlfriend. They're living at some hostel, a 10-20 km from central London. I tried texting them, but I'm getting no response....

I hope they're fine....

sad.gif

CONTINUED:

My brother just gave me a call, to ensure that he's fine. Seems central London doesn't have so many issues, according to him, although they're on their toes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?