Homebrew Local Online Multiplayer Homebrew?

AManOfThings123456789

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any possible way to make homebrew so you can play local multiplayer games like NSMBU, online? Maybe by some sort of Friends List like Smash Bros or Mario Kart. Thanks for reading

Edizius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I am just thinking loud: if you would have an app for the smartphone (or a programm for PC) which simulates the wiimote (dont know if someone programmed this, but as most Smartphones and PCs have bluetooth, this should be feasible), you should be able to create a server which gets the inputs over internet and forwards it to the app.

Alternatively you could build maybe something with a raspi with same principle?

MrKatanaObiWan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am just thinking loud: if you would have an app for the smartphone (or a programm for PC) which simulates the wiimote (dont know if someone programmed this, but as most Smartphones and PCs have bluetooth, this should be feasible), you should be able to create a server which gets the inputs over internet and forwards it to the app.

no sorry NO ONE is going to do this, hook it up to both wiimotes on both party's sides, and also implement screen sharing on both wiius.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

That's silly.
Actually implementing netcode into local multiplayer only games is done on the OS/emulator side. You don't need some ridiculous Wiimote emulator in a phone that won't work anyway, thanks to the magic of latency.

The one for the Wii works by simply assigning certain controller numbers to a remote system, and compensating for network latency by adding input lag to the game. (last I checked, it didn't synchronise the RNG or emulate remote motion control inputs though) This is the same thing that netplay emulators do. This is the only sensible way to do it.

Last edited by N7Kopper,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM