Ravager90

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
So I'm having a hard time loading my bought DLC in Art Atelier Mode.

I'm starting to suspect Art Atelier Mode does not support DLC while Smash Mode does.

I did dump my copy of Mario Kart 8 with DDD including DLC folder (vol/aoc). I do own Mario Kart 8 Disc version and bought all 3 DLCs from the E-Shop.

Launching the game with DLC enabled in Loadiine via Art Atelier mode does not enable the bought DLCs. I'm using the latest Loadiine version and I do have an eShop account and NN ID linked to the system. The game itself runs perfectly with the included update but DLC is never activated.

It makes sense from the point, that Art Atelier does not have DLC content unlike Super Smash Bros. If that's the point, could you please update the statement "there are no compatibility differences between Smash Mode and Art Atelier Mode" on the frontpage, so everyone knows, DLC is not working with Art Atelier?

I'd be glad If someone could confirm my theory about the DLCs in Art Atelier mode.

Lory171

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Cyan

I think there is a problem in the way loadiine is handling the loading of RPLs from the update path.
Some games I tested work flawllessy but with the update hang on a black screen

From the UDP logs everything seem normal and the RPLs are loaded right but looking at the TCP log:

Code:
[0] LogString =>("CheckAndLoadRPL(mscorlib_dll.rpl) found and loading")
[0] LogString =>("/vol/external01/wiiu/games/The Quiet Collection (PAL eshop) [AQCP]/updates/v16//code")
[0] LogString =>("Loading RPL from update path")
[0] LogString =>("OSDynLoad_Acquire: mscorlib_dll result: -1160773608")

[0] LogString =>("CheckAndLoadRPL(mscorlib_dll.rpl) found and loading")
[0] LogString =>("/vol/external01/wiiu/games/99Moves (NTSC eshop) [BMVE]/updates/v32//code")
[0] LogString =>("Loading RPL from update path")
[0] LogString =>("OSDynLoad_Acquire: mscorlib_dll result: -1160773608")

both games hang in a loop trying to load the first RPL.
While the second game actually have mscorlib_dll.rpl on code update path, the first one only have app.xml and cos.xml in the update code folder and from the UDP logs all RPXs and RPLs are indeed loaded from the main code path.
I also tried merging the update of the second game on the game instead of using the update folder and it works, so the problem must be in the way loadiine is loading the update.
There are many other games that give me the same behaviour and so far only two games boot using RPLs and an update folder (both crashing immediately after the splash screen but at least it's a different problem)

Maschell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It seems like the GetStat is return a "file found" but then the file can't be opened. I'll do some testings later. Thanks for reporting

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Wait I'm a little confused about the latest nightlies.
Can we now remap the controls for whatever game we load through Loadiine?

Or what is the new controls update about?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes.!!!
- Follow this guide: https://github.com/Maschell/controller_patcher/wiki/2.-Gamepad-button-remapping
- Put the created .ini (e.g. gamepad.ini) in "sd:/wiiu/controller" and enable the HID option in loadiine.
- Profit!

Maybe @Cyan could add this to the first post?
OH WOW!
Thank for doing so!
I was hoping for an update like that so that I could play Metroid Prime Hunters injected with the Analog Sticks!
I hate using the Face buttons for moving the aim cursor.

I will wait for the sticks remapping to finally play that game as it should have been. :)

Thanks!

Maschell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OH WOW!
Thank for doing so!
I was hoping for an update like that so that I could play Metroid Prime Hunters injected with the Analog Sticks!
I hate using the Face buttons for moving the aim cursor.

I will wait for the sticks remapping to finally play that game as it should have been. :)

Thanks!
So you want to map a,b,x,y to the right stick?

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've read your guide today, you wrote a lot of guide and did a lot already (button swapping, mouse, keyboard, hid, etc.)
I'll add that info to the first post.

Or will we be able to enable/disable it for specific games?
I guess if you add an option to enable it "per game", it would still use the same config for all the enabled games.
it would require a way to set different config for each games, but could become a little complicated and time consuming to make multiple configs.

Maschell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Currently all configs are read and applied when booting loadiine_gx2 (but only used when the HID setting is activated).
I have two idea:
- With a bit of work it would be possible to have select box to select a "button remapping" .ini that will be loaded while booting the game.
- What do you think about a "buttons.ini" in the game folder? would be even easier

Or maybe a combination of both?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Currently all configs are read and applied when booting loadiine_gx2 (but only used when the HID setting is activated).
I have two idea:
- With a bit of work it would be possible to have select box to select a "button remapping" .ini that will be loaded while booting the game.
- What do you think about a "buttons.ini" in the game folder? would be even easier

Or maybe a combination of both?
I think the butons.ini inside the game folder would be sufficient. :)
You mean including such file alongside the code/meta/contens/ folders, right?
Like this:
Folder structure said:
  • code
  • content
  • meta
  • buttons.ini

I think that would be the best option to avoid doing extra stuff.
Although, both Ideas are really good to be honest. :P
I would go for the second buttons.ini) and an ON/OFF option to either use it or not.

But the ON/OFF could be avoided by simply NOT having a buttons.ini in the folder, so yeah. xD

Last edited by ShadowOne333,
Reactions: Maschell

jojobinks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man thanks for the reply :)

Do you close app then click Mii Maker to re-enter Loadiine? Or do you go into the browser and run the exploit again to go into Loadiine?
after u close the game u are on with loadiine theres no need to reopen the browser it will freeze trying to load the exploit over it self just use wii maker to return to your game list ... only time u run browser is if exploit has been lost ( like when ou first power up the system or a system reset or opening up the wii app etc..)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I sent a request to loadiine ZXR author to ask for his sources and changes (GPL, he has to provide them) so they can be merged in the main branch. (support for 3.1.0, load correct icon and electronic manual).
I hope we can work together to improve the loader for everyone.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I sent a request to loadiine ZXR author to ask for his sources and changes (GPL, he has to provide them) so they can be merged in the main branch. (support for 3.1.0, load correct icon and electronic manual).
I hope we can work together to improve the loader for everyone.
Awesome!
Here's hoping it all goes well and hopefully we'll have icon and manuals working properly soon. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1