• Replies 6,197
  • Likes 132

a.zimmerer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

@Cyan So finally I updated to firmware 5.3.2 and can load titles on GX2 without any problems.
Only thing I am wondering now is how can I access the manual of a title. With ZXR I just had
to press HOME button and then manual. If I to this with GX2 I only get the manual from MiiMaker!?

What am I doing wrong here ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi. I'm new to GBATemp and loading but I've been recently having problems. I am on the Latest nightly build and I am on 5.5.1U. I have a class 10 32gb micro sd and have tried a Sandisk and Samsung adapter but none have worked. I always encounter errors whenever I try to save, as loadiine does not create the cfg file or create a saves folder. I have only tried two games. Hyrule warriors and Mario Maker. They both fail with two different error codes. Please help me. It is much appreciated
Verify that your SD card is not write protected. (the little moving plastic part on your SD card)
Sometime, even when in "unlock" position, the console is not detecting it correctly, you can try to put an adhesive tape on top of that plastic part to force it to be "unlock" state.

@Cyan So finally I updated to firmware 5.3.2 and can load titles on GX2 without any problems.
Only thing I am wondering now is how can I access the manual of a title. With ZXR I just had
to press HOME button and then manual. If I to this with GX2 I only get the manual from MiiMaker!?

What am I doing wrong here ?

Ah, ZXR also had the electronic manual working ?
Did the game Icon displayed in the home menu was the one from the game, or MiiMaker too ?
it looks like the ZXR version could redirect the content of the meta folder, which Loadiine GX2 is not doing.

if it's improving, I wonder why the developer never provided its sources to official development branch on github (or even to developers for them to add if he doesn't have a github account).

a.zimmerer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did the game Icon displayed in the home menu was the one from the game, or MiiMaker too ?
it looks like the ZXR version could redirect the content of the meta folder, which Loadiine GX2 is not doing.

if it's improving, I wonder why the developer never provided its sources to official development branch on github (or even to developers for them to add if he doesn't have a github account).

Indeed ZXR has the electronic manual working!
The Icon displayed in the home menu was from the game.
If you click on it the game manual opens.
Very cool feature if your stuck or forgot the gamepad combo!
Please add this feature to GX2 since this is extremly pratical.

I dunno why Loadiine ZXR hasn't provided sources but they
they have indeed very cool features implemented :)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Indeed ZXR has the electronic manual working!
The Icon displayed in the home menu was from the game.
If you click on it the game manual opens.
Very cool feature if your stuck or forgot the gamepad combo!
Please add this feature to GX2 since this is extremly pratical.

I dunno why Loadiine ZXR hasn't provided sources but they
they have indeed very cool features implemented :)
Maybe that's one step closer to online play with Loadiine. :P

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
probably, yes.
Dimok mentioned we could edit the symbolic link to the meta before launching the game, we thought that would fix the online as it would load the correct TitleID and meta.xml, but I think it didn't work. (or we never tried? not sure)
even if it didn't work, doing it is necessary, to get the proper files from the meta.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

a.zimmerer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan another thing. Is the updates feature working in GX2 ?
If I download the updates for a titles and put it in the updates
folder and select it in GX2 I always get a black error screen.
Do I have to overwrite the the title folder with the update folder
to make it work or do I just have to create an extra updates folder ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
updates are working, but you need to follow the correct method explained in the first post. there are even some examples.
Some games might have issues with updates, so maybe you tried JUST the wrong game :P

Mario kart 8 doesn't work from MiiMaker if you add updates.
it works fine from Smash Mode.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@Cyan
The download for Loadiine ZXR does include a page for the sources, however I cannot seem to be able to enter said page.
Here's the entire meta.xml file for Loadiine ZXR which is where I got the link from:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<app version="1">
  <name>Loadiine ZXR</name>
  <coder>RECODE</coder>
  <version>0.1</version>
  <release_date>20160000000000</release_date>
  <short_description>WiiU game loader</short_description>
  <long_description>Loads games from SD card.
  Compatibility list:
  http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Loadiine_compatibility_list
  Sources:
  https://82.7.4.74/loadiine_ZXR
  </long_description>
</app>

Someone knows who to contact exactly to ask him for the source?

Aaron Hervey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Verify that your SD card is not write protected. (the little moving plastic part on your SD card)
Sometime, even when in "unlock" position, the console is not detecting it correctly, you can try to put an adhesive tape on top of that plastic part to force it to be "unlock" state.

Hey @Cyan tried that but it still didn't work. Any other suggestions?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes I know it has a link to the sources in the xml, I already checked as it's "mandatory to provide sources on GPL projects", but like you said it's not accessible.
If you remove the "s" to http, you will see that the IP is his own server (uiiw.tk) but there's no http://uiiw.tk/loadiine_ZXR/ folder, it's a 404 (he removed the sources). only the /rar/ folder works.
Maybe he only invented that link to fake the "mandatory" part. "I did it, not my fault you can't access it"

Hey @Cyan tried that but it still didn't work. Any other suggestions?
Try another SD card (or microSD card, or adapter).

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Aaron Hervey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes I know it has a link to the sources in the xml, I already checked as it's "mandatory to provide sources on GPL projects", but like you said it's not accessible.
If you remove the "s" to http, you will see that the IP is his own server (uiiw.tk) but there's no http://uiiw.tk/loadiine_ZXR/ folder, it's a 404 (he removed the sources). only the /rar/ folder works.
Maybe he only invented that link to fake the "mandatory" part. "I did it, not my fault you can't access it"

Try another SD card (or microSD card, or adapter).
I tried a SDXC card that is 32gigs but that didn't work either.

Rocket0634

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I was wondering... you guys keep saying that updates from the console aren't compatible with loadiine yet, outside of installing them directly to the SD Card, but it seems like whenever I use ddd to dump my games, it automatically dumps the update with the game. So, I can't seem to get a v0 version of any of my games dumped, outside of Super Mario 3D World. Is it possible to patch the dump I have of a game like Smash Bros with an earlier version of the game without breaking anything? I absolutely cannot find a way to dump Smash Bros at v0 because the Wii U knows I've downloaded the latest update before and refuses to let me play the game to dump it.
I do have a dump now compared to a downloaded update I got off of JNUSTool, where I just deleted files that appeared in the update, but I was planning on dumping the v0 version to make sure I wasn't missing any files, and it's impossible for me to do so.

The main reason I'm asking this here is to confirm rather or not I can use older versions of my games using Loadiine via patches, or if patches only work with v0 of the game. Or, if all update data is always separate from original data and that I can just delete/identify and move the update data to make it look like a v0 game.

Rocket0634

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even if you disconnect from network and delete the update ?
usually, if there's no network connection it prompts you if you want to still launch the game without updating.
I have tried this and it will give me the "preparing update" notification and then tells me it can't find a Wi-Fi network.

On another note, I can't seem to run the latest version of Smash Bros on the latest nightly revision in Smash Bros mode. Although I got it to work in Mii Maker mode, I don't have any access to Lucas or Mewtwo.
It gives me error 160-2203. Which is strange, because the compatibility wiki says that they are compatible.

System Version 5.5.1

Maschell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A new loadiine commit! https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/releases/tag/Loadiine-nightly-39c1591

I updated the loadiine to use the new controller_patcher. Now it has the same HID support (fixed bugs, config support etc.) Click here for the changelog: http://puu.sh/qjOml/c59badf265.txt
You can find more informations here: https://github.com/Maschell/controller_patcher

I also changed a few files, made the function_hook.c a cpp file etc. I you have any issues with this new release, please open an issue!

GaM3r2Xtreme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't remember if it was changed.
In doubt, set the computer's IP to both settings.

But, there's no GUI to set the IP from the loader? I thought it was added.
Sorry, I didn't use loadiine for months, I don't remember :P

Well, there is actually only one value in the config file to input PC up address. And the GUI is only for turning pygecko either on or off.

Anywho, I did try changing the value to my PC ip, and when I booted up wind waker it black screened. Still couldn't make a connection with, I believe, TCPgecko. I wonder why...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?