GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
he should yes. that's what I told him.
I didn't remove the links yet as the provided meta.xml has link to a supposedly source website, but that url is not working. benefit of the doubt.
he said he will keep his server online and working even if he is not active, not sure if he meant that he will fix the server to include the sources too...

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
he should yes. that's what I told him.
I didn't remove the links yet as the provided meta.xml has link to a supposedly source website, but that url is not working. benefit of the doubt.
he said he will keep his server online and working even if he is not active, not sure if he meant will fix the server to include the sources too...
Well he better be fixing those server source's link, or he'll be in trouble. xD

ARVI80

Trophies
XP
Country
Well he better be fixing those server source's link, or he'll be in trouble. xD

Problem solved. ZXR is now internal only.
I will no longer be releasing anything to do with loadiine to the public. I will continue to help out on the temp with other issues when im around.

@Cyan if I can ever be bothered to return to this now tainted project in the future, it will probably only be to hand it over to you to do as you see fit. Although a littlle dissapointed, I am not blaming any single individual for my change of heart, it's only that my heart aches at this particular time.

Last edited by ARVI80,
Reactions: Reecey and peteruk

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Problem solved. ZXR is now internal only.
Due to what should have been private family circumstances, beyond my control, as I am about to loose a parent and have been made to feel as though I should explain myself publicly because of comments like the above, (although already explained privetly with @Cyan, who I thought may have relayed that I had appropriate reasoning for not doing so at this current time, until I was in the right frame of mind) I now feel completely unmotivated to rectify the issues of any missing/missplaced source code, from my servers and the correct corresponding directories. Although I had never made any public releases, I did actually intend to release all information wich should have been blatantly obvious from the leaked software and to also release a new final version that also actually worked 100% on all fw's with extra features and improved storage, without the need to wait for the release of the upcoming exploits. I did not credit myself within any software at all, as I am quite a reserved person but did credit the original creators and those who started and helped with the original loadiine project. I was more than happy for others to get all the credit.

I will no longer be releasing anything to do with loadiine to the public. I will continue to help out on the temp with other issues when im around.

@Cyan if I can ever be bothered to return to this now tainted project in the future, it will probably only be to hand it over to you to do as you see fit. Although a littlle dissapointed, I am not blaming any single individual for my change of heart, it's only that my heart aches at this particular time.

sorry to hear about your circumstances, nothing anyone says can help with the pain, not even time is a true healer but it does get easier

Reactions: 7Robins

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't mentioned your name nor your circumstances anywhere in public to keep your privacy, and understood you didn't have the head to think about it right now.
when you'll feel like it, let me/us know.
your changes are maybe not hard to understand, but users are still using and suggesting your old version instead of latest release, that's why I though I'd contact you to work together to merge changes. for the moment you stopped working on it, but maybe later you will get back to it.

Reactions: peteruk and 7Robins

dibas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahamas, The
@ARVI80 I am sorry for any circumstances you may currently be in, really, I am. You seem to be overreacting in your post though. Nobody talked about credit issues or anything related in the slightest. Nobody wants you to "sacrifice" your code credit or anything. To be honest, neither me nor the other devs knew the author behind the build, we barely have enough time to check the issue tracker every now and then. Unless I missed something, I also don't understand where the bitter talk about loadiine now being a "tainted project" for you is coming from. Would you mind to elaborate what exactly happened, either here or by private messages?

The only question I was wondering about was how the GPL is going to be treated by the author (which you seem to be). You should of course be well aware of the fact that we don't have the resources/time/motivation to counter GPL violations, but it still saddens me when stuff like this happens. The GPL does not want you to polish up whatever code you are working on or create a pull request or whatever. It simply wants you to include the sources of the project you are distributing. We can't enforce the GPL, so just do whatever you find right to do.

Wishing the best to you,
-dibas

Reactions: Cyan and peteruk

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
in PM I only asked if he was the real author, as it's hosted on his website but the author's name in the xml was different.
I asked if he could provide the sources (being GPL and his meta.xml link wasn't working), or a patch or submit a push request to github because his changes started to be old (from may 2016) and it would be better to merge our features and work together.

I'm the one who decided to contact him because users were using his version with new features which wasn't in the latest release, creating two different versions shared among users. it's too bad to keep an old release while it can be merged. I didn't to it to attack or cause issues to anyone, I did it to help everyone, and particularly the end users.
I also didn't understand why you think this project is now tainted, just by asking your contribution to the project. You are probably overrating because of your current family and life difficulties. no need to throw your work to the trash, you can come back to it later.
Thank you for the work you did on your version and let users use it so far. I hope we can work together later again.

Maschell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys!
I just made a commit to a new "experimental" branch.
- Today I tried to improve the function patching system (and splitted this 1800 line monster file).
- I changed the logging of the "fs logging" (in game) to use the UDP logger. When you now enable the fs_logging, everything will be logged via the UDP reader (https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/tree/master/udp_debug_reader) (There is no real reason for using TCP instead of UDP)

The result can be found at github
sources: https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/commit/16c5045ed036684968d85188c553597b063e499c
binary: https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/releases/tag/Loadiine-nightly-16c5045

This build is really experimental, but it would be cool if some people can try it (I only tried to load a single game, which worked) and report if I may broke something (maybe the saving, DLC stuf or something like that).

froggydarren

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys!
I just made a commit to a new "experimental" branch.
- Today I tried to improve the function patching system (and splitted this 1800 line monster file).
- I changed the logging of the "fs logging" (in game) to use the UDP logger. When you now enable the fs_logging, everything will be logged via the UDP reader (https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/tree/master/udp_debug_reader) (There is no real reason for using TCP instead of UDP)

The result can be found at github
sources: https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/commit/16c5045ed036684968d85188c553597b063e499c
binary: https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/releases/tag/Loadiine-nightly-16c5045

This build is really experimental, but it would be cool if some people can try it (I only tried to load a single game, which worked) and report if I may broke something (maybe the saving, DLC stuf or something like that).

Well iv tryed about 20 iso's out using this update and found Mario 3d world load times are much faster (about 8 seconds for a level and 30 to 35 boot up load) Zelda TP seems abit faster as well ;)

No games gave me any problems apart from nes remix

Using a class 10 64gig sanddisk as card...

Edit....star fox (standard rip I think) runs perfect no lag no stutter this seems like a brilliant update!!!!

Last edited by froggydarren,

Sledge1

Trophies
XP
Country
Damn.. was hoping for an easy to run/permanent hack that will load games straight from sdcard/usb like on the Wii..
I guess i'll have to keep waiting :)

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
@ARVI80 I am sorry for any circumstances you may currently be in, really, I am. You seem to be overreacting in your post though. Nobody talked about credit issues or anything related in the slightest. Nobody wants you to "sacrifice" your code credit or anything. To be honest, neither me nor the other devs knew the author behind the build, we barely have enough time to check the issue tracker every now and then. Unless I missed something, I also don't understand where the bitter talk about loadiine now being a "tainted project" for you is coming from. Would you mind to elaborate what exactly happened, either here or by private messages?

The only question I was wondering about was how the GPL is going to be treated by the author (which you seem to be). You should of course be well aware of the fact that we don't have the resources/time/motivation to counter GPL violations, but it still saddens me when stuff like this happens. The GPL does not want you to polish up whatever code you are working on or create a pull request or whatever. It simply wants you to include the sources of the project you are distributing. We can't enforce the GPL, so just do whatever you find right to do.

Wishing the best to you,
-dibas
I assume by 'tainted project', he means the ZXR projects rather than Loadiine itself. That's how I read it.

I've not been following this, but if ZXR was leaked as the author suggests then obviously there is no issue regarding source code as it wasn't intended to be public. If it was formally released however, then the sources obviously need to be released as per GPL. Drama aside, it's really that simple.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've not been following this, but if ZXR was leaked as the author suggests then obviously there is no issue regarding source code as it wasn't intended to be public. If it was formally released however, then the sources obviously need to be released as per GPL. Drama aside, it's really that simple.
Thing is that because Loadiine itself is under a GPL license, any mod or fork of the project is obligated to provide a source or patch with the modified files from the original source, or else it goes against the license, which we know has legal issues.

It's not me that's making this up, but that's how the GPL License works.

Reactions: bostonBC

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thing is that because Loadiine itself is under a GPL license, any mod or fork of the project is obligated to provide a source or patch with the modified files from the original source.

It's not me that's making this up, but that's how the GPL License works.
Thats exactly what I said, by the way.

It's a bit different with private builds, you don't have to provide the sources for something only intended to be private. So if it's leaked, it's not really this author's fault. If the author publically releases, then the author does of course have to release the sources.

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The author of ZXR has a personal situation at the moment which is bad enough (i have been there three times now) but..... He is building on sources made public by the original authors who gracefully give for free to the community.
If he did build something on these sources which could add something good to the whole loadiine initiative, he should just zip his sources and PM them to Cyan and be done with it.
His zxr version would not even exist without the original version and calling it a private build is...... Never mind.

Again: I understand that his mind is not into this atm but I hope his modifications will find its way into the main branch sometime

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/eFb28u5GPsU?si=35a7C58FgPbaxIMm