• Views 2,487,473
  • Replies 6,197
  • Likes 132

ihateu3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a wii u with 5.3.0 firmware. This is not on the list of compatible fimwares in the Loadiine gx2 thread though. Should this firmware version work fine though because it falls within the range of other firmwares that work?

******First off, do not connect to the internet yet, your WiiU will update itself********

Until you fully understand and research how to do this, stay off the internet until you are sure, or you will lose your ability to the exploit.

setup Tubehax so your console won't auto update on you before or after doing any of this.

We are all new here at some point, and I am feeling generous for some reason (question has been asked a million times before).

You are lucky to have a lower firmware model. Your console is exploitable, buy or rent a compatible game to get you to 5.3.2 (current best golden firmware, list of 5.3.2 firmware update games can be found). You can go from there afterwards from guides on this site. The main thing is not allowing your firmware to update out of your control. If you do not take provisions, it will auto update itself.

Last edited by ihateu3,

dsf

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Guys, please help me. Don't know what i'm doing wrong. I can succesfully run exploit from wj44 once, but after that i am trying to run exploit second time and my gamepad screen goes garbage and i get the message "Can't download". I have 5.1.0E firmware and i don't want to update to 5.3.2. By the way all my files are on 32 Gb microsd card and i use it with the adaptor.
Sorry for quoting myself

andriy921

Trophies
XP
Country
That too, we still use kernel exploit to map 0xA0 to 0x31 and then we can write to coreinit and also the loader (and I ran OSEffectiveToPhysical, still maps to same place), no idea where root.rpx is in virtual mem so I can't run OSEffectiveToPhysical on it
https://github.com/wiiudev/libwiiu/blob/master/kernel/osdriver/src/loader.c#L368
0x31 doesn't necessary needs to mean anything. For 4.0 we also map to 0x30, but coreinit is actually in 0x4D.
Good to know that those addresses haven't changed. Porting apps should be simple.

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey everyone =)

Those are some of the apps/games that should work now after the fix:
Amazon Lovefilm, Crunchyroll, Elliot Quest, Netflix, SDK Painter, SDK Spriter, Wii Street U, Word Puzzles, Word Search by POWGI, XType+, Youtube, ZaciSa: Defense of the Crayon Dimension! and the Nintendo Web Browser.

The Loadiine GX2 version was also bumped to v0.3.

Brother, sorry for my ignorance, but can you explain how to update/load Netflix on my wii U (US 5.3.2 spoofed to 5.5.1)? Thanks!

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
A while ago, my Mario Kart Wii (Not a burned DVD) stopped working, when I load the game from the Disc channel, it says it can't be loaded (No it's not a region problem), but when I loaded the disc from USBLoader... it worked!! :D
So, what I want to say is that 4 of my Wii U discs stopped working, I want loadiine to be able to launch discs, maybe it will work like it did on the Wii? Who knows... :P
I don't have a big SD to contain all the games that broke.
@Cyan @dimok can you add this feature?

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
A while ago, my Mario Kart Wii (Not a burned DVD) stopped working, when I load the game from the Disc channel, it says it can't be loaded (No it's not a region problem), but when I loaded the disc from USBLoader... it worked!! :D
So, what I want to say is that 4 of my Wii U discs stopped working, I want loadiine to be able to launch discs, maybe it will work like it did on the Wii? Who knows... :P
I don't have a big SD to contain all the games that broke.
@Cyan @dimok can you add this feature?

MiiMaker doesn't have access to dvd/Blu-ray driver .. so that's not possible yet

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any idea why this is happening? Using @ShadowOne333 's build for X type plus and dreamals. Dreamals works fine, but X type crashes to the attached screen.

EDIT:

Never mind, I found fixed version that loads this game perfectly here: http://www100.zippyshare.com/v/u5nEIrJK/file.html

EDIT 2: we need a MD5 database for known builds of loadiine as I have several now that all act differently, and no idea which is newest, and whats changed.

EDIT 3:

FOR < 5.5.X USERS ONLY:

@CableLeecher I have done some UPDATE testing!

OK here goes:

Self host HBL 1.1 from this pack https://github.com/dimok789/homebrew_launcher/releases/download/v1.1/homebrew_launcher.v1.1.zip

Loadiine GX2 mod from here http://www100.zippyshare.com/v/u5nEIrJK/file.html

Merge into one like this:

SD:/selfhost/ <the "www" files from HBL 1.1.zip>
SD:/wiiu/apps/loadiine_gx2/loadiine_gx2.elf <linked above>
SD/wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf <from HBL 1.1.zip>
SD:/wiiu/games
SD:/wiiu/saves

etc.

Make a bookmark to your selfhost/index.html. Run it twice (as soon as system boots up as possible: the faster the higher first time boot rate(against race attack)) to get to HBL 1.1 and choose loadiine from there.

Works 99% boot rate and has HBL built in and max game compatibility!

I can upload my set up if anyone needs it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 483
Last edited by KiiWii,
Reactions: CableLeecher

elmis003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any idea why this is happening? Using @ShadowOne333 's build for X type plus and dreamals. Dreamals works fine, but X type crashes to the attached screen.

EDIT:

Never mind, I found fixed version that loads this game perfectly here: http://www100.zippyshare.com/v/u5nEIrJK/file.html

EDIT 2: we need a MD5 database for known builds of loadiine as I have several now that all act differently, and no idea which is newest, and whats changed.

EDIT 3:

@CableLeecher I have done some UPDATE testing!

OK here goes:

Self host HBL 1.1 from this pack https://github.com/dimok789/homebrew_launcher/releases/download/v1.1/homebrew_launcher.v1.1.zip

Loadiine GX2 mod from here http://www100.zippyshare.com/v/u5nEIrJK/file.html

Merge into one like this:

SD:/selfhost/ <the "www" files from HBL 1.1.zip>
SD:/wiiu/apps/loadiine_gx2/loadiine_gx2.elf <linked above>
SD/wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf <from HBL 1.1.zip>
SD:/wiiu/games
SD:/wiiu/saves

etc.

Make a bookmark to your selfhost/index.html. Run it twice (as soon as system boots up as possible: the faster the higher first time boot rate(against race attack)) to get to HBL 1.1 and choose loadiine from there.

Works 99% boot rate and has HBL built in and max game compatibility!

I can upload my set up if anyone needs it.

can you upload your setup so I can try it on my 5.5.1 wiiu

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
can you upload your setup so I can try it on my 5.5.1 wiiu

It wont work on 5.5.1.

A) this method is for <5.5.X
B) the KEXPLOIT isnt out for 5.5.X yet.
C) I havent used the 5.5.X elf for loadiine as I cant compile it and it might not include the fixes for xtype/dreamals too. Its a modded elf afaik.

Last edited by KiiWii,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1