• Replies 6,197
  • Likes 132

Twinkeltoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Looking far off, new Wii U titles in late 2016/early 2017 will require having firmware 5.5.1 or above, which means Loadiine HAS to support 5.5.1 at some point this year to play the newer games. I just hope the hacking scene can find an exploit in it already and help the thousands of us who accidentally updated to 5.5.1 already.

Uhm that doesn't have to be true.
That's only true if there's something in FW 5.5 or higher that's required to run the game.

AFAIK 5.5.0 and above only contains some fixes for kernel/browser and maybe some cosmetics changes and removing that App whose name I can't remember :)

I do hope for the people on 5.5 and above do get their exploit though.
Hopefully for them there does come a FW upgrade tomorrow that fixes the kernel exploit so it will get released but don't get your hopes up.
Just block it in case it does come.

mpkostek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a wii u with 5.3.0 firmware. This is not on the list of compatible fimwares in the Loadiine gx2 thread though. Should this firmware version work fine though because it falls within the range of other firmwares that work?

skalienx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a wii u with 5.3.0 firmware. This is not on the list of compatible fimwares in the Loadiine gx2 thread though. Should this firmware version work fine though because it falls within the range of other firmwares that work?
It seems that memory addresses change between system firmware versions. Someone would have to port for that version changing the memory addresses, at a minimum. I would recommend getting a disc with 5.3.2 on it and updating to that with the disc

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems that memory addresses change between system firmware versions. Someone would have to port for that version changing the memory addresses, at a minimum. I would recommend getting a disc with 5.3.2 on it and updating to that with the disc
Yeah, you could go to the trouble of porting since 5.3.0 is a slightly lower OS version, it's all on wiiubrew under OSv10 versions http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Title_database (Ctrl+F), but you're better off just updating offline with a disc

andriy921

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, you could go to the trouble of porting since 5.3.0 is a slightly lower OS version, it's all on wiiubrew under OSv10 versions http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Title_database (Ctrl+F), but you're better off just updating offline with a disc
Porting Loadiine to any 4.1+ is pretty straightforward. But who will port userland/kernel exploit?

Reactions: NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

andriy921

Trophies
XP
Country
coreinit's still at 0x101C400 (same as 5.3.2), no idea about root but probably
No, I was talking about physical addresses. coreinit is near 0x32000000 on 4.1-5.4 and root.rpx is in 0x30000000-0x30800000.
Coreinit seems to be mapped to 0x10000000 on every firmware (and they probably can not change this).

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I was talking about physical addresses. coreinit is near 0x32000000 on 4.1-5.4 and root.rpx is in 0x30000000-0x30800000.
Coreinit seems to be mapped to 0x10000000 on every firmware (and they probably can not change this).
That too, we still use kernel exploit to map 0xA0 to 0x31 and then we can write to coreinit and also the loader (and I ran OSEffectiveToPhysical, still maps to same place), no idea where root.rpx is in virtual mem so I can't run OSEffectiveToPhysical on it
https://github.com/wiiudev/libwiiu/blob/master/kernel/osdriver/src/loader.c#L368

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do we feel about having a layout with larger covers? I'm not knocking what's already there, but this is 1080p we're workin with. Right now there's alot of beautiful cover art detail that's going to waste. I'd be happy if each cover were at least half a screen tall.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the hbl method. Here is the latest commit for the kexploit and hbl elf with increased succes rate.
http://www26.zippyshare.com/v/AdWUVix6/file.html
Thanks for the compile. If you can update www/index.html, that would help the 5.4.0 people. It's missing the 'else if' for 3.0.4.2.9 (it's there in dimok's releases), and since there's no 'else' in that block, there's no message (just a blank white page)

BoxNinPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some one of you know if the posible new update for the wii u is on, because I am on 5.5.1 and enter for the first time Super Smash Bros U, then ask to up date (I supost just the game) but my issue is that it taking so much, around 1 hour, is this normal or should I stop everything right now just in case? , please answer quick

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Thanks for the compile. If you can update www/index.html, that would help the 5.4.0 people. It's missing the 'else if' for 3.0.4.2.9 (it's there in dimok's releases), and since there's no 'else' in that block, there's no message (just a blank white page)
Sorry im on 5.3.2 and i dont how to do that for other version.

Last edited by Cava,

dsf

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Guys, please help me. Don't know what i'm doing wrong. I can succesfully run exploit from wj44 once, but after that i am trying to run exploit second time and my gamepad screen goes garbage and i get the message "Can't download". I have 5.1.0E firmware and i don't want to update to 5.3.2. By the way all my files are on 32 Gb microsd card and i use it with the adaptor.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know burnt pizza can be pretty bad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna download sonic generations to my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How do you put games on there? Does it have like a game store on the ps3?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black market store
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, download a pkg file, put it in a usb or a sd card, put the usb or sd card to ps3, turn on ps3hen, go to install game, install the game
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yea that's same with me, was just curious. Coolio
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao my keyboard decided to randomly die
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its prob your new router interfering w it