Hacking Linux PS4 With USB Bluetooth Dongle

nerirififi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello all,

I am tryng to add bluetooth device on linux for PS4.
I am using manjaro with my slim console, but i have no sound in output, i don't have Optical amplifier so my only possibility it s to connect speaker with bluetooth dongle.

Someone know a device compatible ?

I am running kodi in full HD, but without sound it s not enough !
I would like to connect a PS4 controller too in bluetooth for emulator.

Thanks for the answer.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@ploggy might know better but surely if it allows BT via audio then any BT dongle that supports A2DP (I think) should work, and then connect BT speaker to that device and see if it outputs.

As for controller, doesnt that connect to PS4 internal BT? Or is the driver not working yet?

Have the PS4 linux devs confirmed audio works at all in that build?

nerirififi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
With New Bzimage from PSITA bluetooth and wifi work on CUH10XX but not yet for other models.
Ethernet is fixed for all models of PS4.

I have ordering a usb dongle compatible ubuntu, i receive tomorrow, hope he will work !!!

Reactions: KiiWii

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't used Manjaro v2 much since its still a little choppy on my slim but if you want sound output you can try connecting headphones to the PS4 Controller. Controller has to be connected to the PS4 through USB cable.

nerirififi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I haven't used Manjaro v2 much since its still a little choppy on my slim but if you want sound output you can try connecting headphones to the PS4 Controller. Controller has to be connected to the PS4 through USB cable.

What do you use for slim in Linux os ?
I am tryng img of fedora 23 and i have a black screen.

I will try like you say, with controller in usb with Jack cable

EDIT : Witch controller plugged; i can only use trackpad for replace mouse.
In output Audio Device i have only HDMI 2.0 .......

Last edited by nerirififi,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What do you use for slim in Linux os ?
I am tryng img of fedora 23 and i have a black screen.

I will try like you say, with controller in usb with Jack cable

EDIT : Witch controller plugged; i can only use trackpad for replace mouse.
In output Audio Device i have only HDMI 2.0 .......
Hmm, so audio doesn't work? It does with Ubuntu.. But that doesn't have the 3D patches applied like Monjaro. :(
@Tikilou can probably help more about audio being implemented in Manjaro.

nerirififi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hmm, so audio doesn't work? It does with Ubuntu.. But that doesn't have the 3D patches applied like Monjaro. :(
@Tikilou can probably help more about audio being implemented in Manjaro.

Can you try new Bzimage and see if you have Wifi or bluetooth in Ubuntu ?

Tikilou say it was possible to add Gpu driver with ubuntu with the work of PSita, but i haven t the skill to do it.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can you try new Bzimage and see if you have Wifi or bluetooth in Ubuntu ?

Tikilou say it was possible to add Gpu driver with ubuntu with the work of PSita, but i haven t the skill to do it.
When I tried Manjaro v2 (with the new bzimage) Bluetooth wouldn't work and while the Wifi saw my networks it wouldn't connect correctly (although I didn't try too hard since I prefer Ethernet) :P

I heard someone say that Fedora 28 beta had the GPU patches built in but I couldn't get it to work on my Ps4..

nerirififi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When I tried Manjaro v2 (with the new bzimage) Bluetooth wouldn't work and while the Wifi saw my networks it wouldn't connect correctly (although I didn't try too hard since I prefer Ethernet) :P

I heard someone say that Fedora 28 beta had the GPU patches built in but I couldn't get it to work on my Ps4..
https://twitter.com/masterzorag/status/989130201689939968

There is a new Bzimage release 3 days ago, there is no new on the net about it :)
http://www.ps3ita.it/forum/linux-kernel-t6118.html

nerirififi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's a lot easier if that all you have to do to install the ps4 patches to other distros :)
Though I couldn't get the fedora Img to work...

I used winvm to install fedora 28 beta to a USB stick then tried booting that stick with the ps4 Linux loader..
Problem was I couldn't get it to boot using the fdisk -l.. mount command..
It just threw some errors..

Like I've said before. Linux isn't really my thing. Unless it's just a matter of writing an Img to a USB stick and booting with Ps4 Linux booter. I'm pretty much stuck lol

Last edited by ploggy,

nerirififi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's a lot easier if that all you have to do to install the ps4 patches to other distros :)
Though I could even get the fedora I'm to work...

I used winvm to install fedora 28 beta to a USB stick then tried booting that stick with the ps4 Linux loader..
Problem was I couldn't get it to boot using the fdisk -l.. mount command..
It just threw some errors..

Like I've said before. Linux isn't really my thing. Unless it's just a matter of writing an Img to a USB stick and booting with Ps4 Linux booter. I'm pretty much stuck lol

http://wololo.net/2016/06/02/tutorial-installing-steam-ps4-linux/

In my last message i wasn't very clear, i think you use ubuntu for boot with PS4. and the test for this Bzimage was for ubuntu.
I am not good in linux too, i use it since 8 day :), i prefer OSX much easier and windows.

Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: peteruk and KiiWii

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well the results are in :P
I gave this a good blast and I have to say it does indeed have the GPU patches applied and runs really decent.
Installation was easy, just had to put 3 files on a Fat32 Formatted USB disk and run a couple commands.. EASY! :P (installation took about 15/20 mins)
Youtube works.. Could only select max 720p, but that's probably due to the packaged Browser installed (I didn't know how to install another one.. I know I'm a Nub) ;)
Retroarch runs perfectly, only tested GBA though.
PPSSPP runs fine too, tested Ultimate Ghouls n Ghosts, slight stutters every now and again but that could be due to loading stuff in the background..
The "Desktop" is fluid and doesn't stutter. BIG plus :)
The Controller works fine when connect via USB cable and Sound works though the Audio jack.
I couldn't get Bluetooth to Work (I think it's because my Slim isn't compatible?)
I think WiFi will work but I didn't try to connect since Ethernet cable was already working.

Overall very pleased with what these guys have done and how well Emulation on PS4 Linux runs, Good job my dudes :)

nerirififi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
For me the sound doesn't work, what do you put in settings in the audio card ? :)

For installing firefox in french :

terminal
su
Password

And
pacman -S firefox firefox-i18n-fr

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For me the sound doesn't work, what do you put in settings in the audio card ? :)

For installing firefox in french :

terminal
su
Password

And
pacman -S firefox firefox-i18n-fr
The sound should work as soon as you plug in a set of headphones? you can mess with the audio settings by right clicking on the sound icon in the top right of the screen.

nerirififi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The sound should work as soon as you plug in a set of headphones? you can mess with the audio settings by right clicking on the sound icon in the top right of the screen.

It's strange because my controller is detected, i can move the mouse with the trackpad, but when i plug the jack with speaker, i test many , no sound.
I try sound come from Firefox and the other Internet Browser.

EDIT : Sound work with a dualschock V2 but not a V1

Now i will try kodi :)

Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's strange because my controller is detected, i can move the mouse with the trackpad, but when i plug the jack with speaker, i test many , no sound.
I try sound come from Firefox and the other Internet Browser.

EDIT : Sound work with a dualschoclk V2

Now i will try kodi :)
Cool, I was going to say try some of the Emulators that's what worked for me.. But I see you have sorted it now :)

Reactions: KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
  • DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma:
    I'm new! Hi!
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Welcome
  • DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma:
    What are your favorite topics?
    DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma: What are your favorite topics?