How to install my PS4 dualshock 4 on my bravia KD-55XE8596?

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello Communauty!!

Whatever I try, I cannot manage to install via bluetooth my Favorite Gamepad on my TV, despite the Fact the Gamepad is SONY and the TV is a Bravia SONY.
Question to SONY: Are you a DUMBASS firm to make your the material from your BRAND incompatible with each other????
I must say, I can make my Dualshock work with wire mode, but are we in 1990?? I would like to make it perfectly work in bluetooth/wifi mode!

So as SONY is a CARELESS Society? Is there a way to make my PS4 Dualshock work on my Tv please??
PS: I know Sixaxis exists as an app, but my TV Bravia is not rooted and doesn't seems to be easily rooted so I cannot use that.
The OS is on the LATEST firmware from the site of Sony, but when I tried to make the Dualshock 4 work on it (also, I have 4 Dualshock so it doesn't come from the gamepads!!) it is recognized by the internal wifi, but even after been paired, it doesn't work with all gamepad I have tried ;(
All my gamepad work perfectly on the PS4, and I have forget them on the ps4 and tried a reinitialisation of the gamepad by pushing the small button under each gamepad.
So please:
1) Is there a 3RD party app that can SOLVE this that you have tested??
2) I've tested several chinese USB Bluetooth dongle key, but none of them are detected on my TV, the bluetooth inside the TV seems to be overtaking the "dongles" that could pair my gamepads.
It does this even with other gamepads like the XBOX one controller. Maybe there is a way to make my usb external adapters recognized over the internal bluetooth chip??
All tutos on youtube won't work

Can someone please give me an expert solution? The OS is Android 9 TV

Last edited by mrmagicm,

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I know this might be in wrong Forum, but there is no "Android TV or tablet" Section, whereas there should be.

m00k00

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wait until you find out that some Sony Headphones (Bluetooth) are not even able to pair with PS3/4/5 ... via Bluetooth :rofl2:

Reactions: Jayro

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I will ask for a petition, ALL will say "SONY ARE JERKS" until they CHANGE all that!! Be the FIRST please!!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You press and hold the PS and Share buttons at the same time until the light bar begins to flash. If you still can't pair it then probably the TV bluetooth isn't compatiable with the controller.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
36060787.jpg

But seriously, I haven't heard of any TV that allows bluetooth controllers to connect. Is that a new thing people do now?

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You press and hold the PS and Share buttons at the same time until the light bar begins to flash. If you still can't pair it then probably the TV bluetooth isn't compatiable with the controller.
Are you gonna tell me something I don't know? Is that a workaround? You seem to think it's normal on a Sony TV to have Sony Gamepad not working....

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you gonna tell me something I don't know? Is that a workaround? You seem to think it's normal on a Sony TV to have Sony Gamepad not working....

Probably your TV isn't compatiable with the dualshock 4, but then again I never hear anyone pairing controller directly to TV bluetooth.

Reactions: Jayro

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Probably your TV isn't compatiable with the dualshock 4, but then again I never hear anyone pairing controller directly to TV bluetooth
Of course they do! Almost all player have had a PS4.....So they connect there Dual Shock, type connecting "dualshock on android tv", there are millions! You still didn't get you can have a Dreamcast, a Switch Whatever on your TV without owning a Switch.....It's the future.

DarkainX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Of course they do! Almost all player have had a PS4.....So they connect there Dual Shock, type connecting "dualshock on android tv", there are millions! You still didn't get you can have a Dreamcast, a Switch Whatever on your TV without owning a Switch.....It's the future.
Users above told you already, afaik seems like a device issue.

Your TV does not allow this out of the box. if you want this fixed, you should look deeper into the issue at hand.
have you tried pairing the same controller to another android device, and did it work correctly there?

Did you try deleting and re-pairing the controller? did you reboot your TV ?
Why is it still on android 9, is it that old of a TV?

surely this looks like a compatibility issue, cuz my €499 samsung tv pairs perfectly with any controller i throw at it . also detected in my streaming apps like Xbox game pass.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If it doesn't show up when the controller is in pairing mode then your TV isn't compatible, simple as that.

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
DarksainX "Users above told you already, afaik seems like a device issue"
Not a device issue, some other controller pair perfectly, I have a ton of gamepad, Of course, the gamepad DS4 pairs to a PS4 or a Tablet....I have multiple DS4 gamepad too. Also, I have reinit android system.
Did you try deleting and re-pairing the controller? Yes, and tried the reset with backbutton too (you didn't told about it)
did you reboot your TV ? Yes ^^, and not a standby....
Yes it's a rather old Android 9 TV, have a guess when it went out, well it's not so old for a TV and DS4 were invented long agooo

My NEXT TV will be a SAMSUNG I Think, because there seems no problem at all with them for gaming!!!!!
I Don't RECOMMEND SONY TVS FOR GAMING

Last edited by mrmagicm,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1