Miki248

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi everyone!

I recently got the PS4 Pro and in order to enjoy its full potential I need some pieces of advice of how to make the best setup for it.

Here is my current setup.
PS4 Pro CUH-7000B
Replaced the original 1TB drive with the 2TB SSD
HDMI connection: Belkin Ultra HD 2.1 4K HDR compatible 48GbPS
LAN connection cable: DBillionDa High Speed Cat8
Boost mode: On
TV: 4K and HDR compatible and turned on, along with game mode and ALLM turned on as well.
PS4 Pro Video Output information:
Resolution 3840 x 2160 - 60 Hz, RGB, HDCP 2.3
KJH Multifunction stand for PS4 with 2 high speed fans and controller charging ports. Powered up by using the PS4 USB port.
This is my current setup. If there are even better options please let me know. Also, even though my LAN cable is good quality I'm only getting 7-8MBps of transfer speed between my PC and PS4. I have connected my lan cable directly with PS4 and PC. However, every time when I wish to transfer some files from my PC to PS4 the transfer speed cannot go more than 9MBps.
I tried few different software such as Winscp and Filezilla but it's the same. I even tried both the LAN and WiFi connection transfer but no change either. I checked few tutorials on the Internet but nothing worked to make it faster...

Thanks in advance!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need a GB lan connection on the pc. if you're getting those speeds, it suggests you don't have one. I wouldn't bother with any hdd or ssd internally, because if it fails, you lose everything. an external hdd can be used between even systems. you just need hen to repopulate your games, which is as easy as plugging the hdd in, then enabling hen and waiting.

Reactions: Miki248

Miki248

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
you need a GB lan connection on the pc. if you're getting those speeds, it suggests you don't have one. I wouldn't bother with any hdd or ssd internally, because if it fails, you lose everything. an external hdd can be used between even systems. you just need hen to repopulate your games, which is as easy as plugging the hdd in, then enabling hen and waiting.
Thank you for the reply!
Sorry for being a noob, but how can I make a GB lan connection?
And I'm not sure how to use the external hdd.

Kind regards

Miki248

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Get rid of the stand all it does is add some extra noice there youtube videos about it they dont help cooling at all
Thank you for the advice.
I mainly use it because of the charging docks for both gamepads and move controllers. If there is better solution please let me know.
Post automatically merged:

I have checked about the GB connection and everything is enabled on my PC. Even so why are the transfer speeds so slow?

Last edited by Miki248,

lebrawurschd

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you for the advice.
I mainly use it because of the charging docks for both gamepads and move controllers. If there is better solution please let me know.
Post automatically merged:

I have checked about the GB connection and everything is enabled on my PC. Even so why are the transfer speeds so slow?
i do have a charging station from sony for conrtollers not sure about move controllers i dont have them

what you might could do is just open the damn thing and cut the wires from the fans if you cant switch them off

Miki248

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The stand itself is pretty cool because I can use it for charging, plus it can use either PS4 or the outlet to power on. It even has USB ports for other stuff if needed.
Now I'm more worried about the ftp lan transfer speeds.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. In what way should make the transfer speeds faster?

You can't really make it go any faster, that is just how fast ftp really go it depends on your network. What you can try to do is
Increasing the Simultaneous Connection Number. Most FTP servers limit the maximum file upload speed for a session. But, you can upload multiple files at the same time in different FTP sessions. You can increase the number of parallel FTP sessions in your client settings and bypass this server restriction.

Miki248

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You can't really make it go any faster, that is just how fast ftp really go it depends on your network. What you can try to do is
Increasing the Simultaneous Connection Number. Most FTP servers limit the maximum file upload speed for a session. But, you can upload multiple files at the same time in different FTP sessions. You can increase the number of parallel FTP sessions in your client settings and bypass this server restriction.
I remember I had the same issues with transferring from PS3 to PC, and then found some kind of tutorial how to change settings on Filezilla and Winscp to make faster transfer speeds. I was able to get 20-30 mbps even on a slower Internet. Can you please tell me how can I change those settings to try it out?

k0walski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
こんにちは, Miki-san ^_^. You need to make sure the PS4 is connected to a high-speed network in general. It means if you have a setup, say:
1. Modem/router (which provides you with the access to the Internet
2. A switch, to which your PC, NAS (all the network-enabled devices) + PS4 are connected.
So if every device (modem/router) is 1Gbit ready (all the ports are 1Gbit) - I would definitely need more information :)
Concerning wifi - it needs to support high speed connection. It would be nice if you could give some more info, like, WiFi router model; the model of the router which provides ineternet connection (if it's not the same WiFi router)...

ありがとうございます

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto