Hacking least intensive PS4 anti-piracy exploit?

grillmasterxbbq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First thread ever :-)
I have a PS4 sitting and collecting dust, and I'm wondering about the least intensive way to disable anti-piracy measures - PREFERABLY still allowing me to access online games/PSN. If that's not possible, it's perfectly fine.
My thought process is that I may have luck disabling measures in the disc drive, and then burning my own games onto the proper discs.
Alternatively, creating a simple exploit in the burned disc that allows the pirated game to work without sony getting on my ass.
I'm looking for a way to do this without fully jailbreaking the console - just whatever anti-piracy measures I need to work around.

P.S. - This is likely not possible , but, could I throw an emulator onto a disc? I figure it is, since official releases run emulators (e.g. sega classics collection or whatever its called)....

P.S.S. - For burning a disc, do I have to physically use old PS4 games, or do I change the disc format? I figure I can just change the disc format, but again, I am a total baby when it comes to this stuff.

Last thing - If this breaks rules about discussing piracy, I'm sorry! I'm more than happy to ask this somewhere else. I just trust this site for good advice more than reddit.

Thanks!

grillmasterxbbq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't access psn on lower firmware than current highest firmware
Thats fine, thats not really my end goal. It'd be nice but its not a necessity. I'm wondering about the PS4's anti piracy measures and how to work around them without fully jailbreaking the console.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats fine, thats not really my end goal. It'd be nice but its not a necessity. I'm wondering about the PS4's anti piracy measures and how to work around them without fully jailbreaking the console.
there's no full jailbreak. it's not a coldboot exploit, so it's removed when you power down the system. plus, the system has to do about 90% of everything for us, so you can't really do much on the pc without keys.

grillmasterxbbq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's no full jailbreak. it's not a coldboot exploit, so it's removed when you power down the system. plus, the system has to do about 90% of everything for us, so you can't really do much on the pc without keys.
I see. So on a jailbroken console, the CFW has to fully run and download when the PS4 is turned on...? I'm kind of a stranger to a lot of the terminology, sorry.
Sony made sure exploits running on their consoles' latest firmware will never be publicly available
Oh, okay. So no disc drive exploits. :-(

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It is not a full jailbreak, not coldboot either. It is different than a PS3 jailbreak work. All it is just an exploit that give the user access to debug menu treating the unit like a development unit, allowing people to install fake package format of game that can be played on the system.

grillmasterxbbq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is not a full jailbreak, not coldboot either. It is different than a PS3 jailbreak. All it is just an exploit that give the user access to debug menu treating the unit like a development unit, allowing people to install fake package format of game that can be played on the system.
Okay, that makes sense, thank you! I'll consider this.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah thats my goal. The biggest thing is I want to play backed up disc games without my PS4 freaking out, like, physical copies.
that may be possible with bd-jb, but I don't really know for sure. I know that at least with the ps5, the system copies the retail disc to internal or external storage. it will get to a point to where you can play the game while it copies the rest. however, it sometimes disc checks multiple times while playing a game.

Reactions: SylverReZ

grillmasterxbbq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that may be possible with bd-jb, but I don't really know for sure. I know that at least with the ps5, the system copies the retail disc to internal or external storage. it will get to a point to where you can play the game while it copies the rest. however, it sometimes disc checks multiple times while playing a game.
Interesting. I'll have to look more into this, thanks.

Reactions: SylverReZ

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, you won't be able to back up the disc unless they're bootable on your firmware, and 9.00 is the highest publicly for the ps4. that's one thing the system has to do for us, decrypt the package, before we can dump the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjocrCuXN-w