Jailbroken PS4 and PS4 Game

XFoxPrower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm about to get a jailbroken PS4. Without discussing sources, it seems that everything I find is in PKG format, not ISO. Is this just how it is for PS4? Maybe disc games are distributed as PKGs because of mandatory installs? Will I be able to play off of an external hard drive or will I need a massive internal?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think I'm about to get a jailbroken PS4. Without discussing sources, it seems that everything I find is in PKG format, not ISO. Is this just how it is for PS4? Maybe disc games are distributed as PKGs because of mandatory installs? Will I be able to play off of an external hard drive or will I need a massive internal?
Discs contain PKG.

PKG gets installed. (Or FPKG if piracy)

You can use internal or external, 8TB on each is the limit IIRC, but you could have multiple external 8TB’s.

Reactions: BigOnYa

XFoxPrower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Discs contain PKG.

PKG gets installed. (Or FPKG if piracy)

You can use internal or external, 8TB on each is the limit IIRC, but you could have multiple external 8TB’s.

Thanks. I got a 5TB attached to my PS3 (overcame the 2TB limit by forcing MBR, 4096 KB sectors) and it's not near full yet. Maybe I'll put both PS3 and PS4 on it if PS4 doesn't require GPT partitions.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You need FPKG format game as @KiiWii stated already, you can either get a larger internal storage, or use extended format which you have to format or app2usb which you can probably used your 5TB.

Reactions: KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/W-jzom3X0QU