QVO 8TB on PS4 Fat

Kibbutz90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Liechtenstein
Hi everyone, i found this SSD on sale at 335€ on Amazon and i want to know if it's compatible with my base PS4, i already have a 8TB external drive but i have plenty of games and shitty internet so i really would like to avoid uninstall and reinstall all my digital games every time to free space. I've red that this drive causes some issues on PS4 Pro, but i also red some time ago (a 2022 article) that PS4 Pro is limited to 4TB internal drive and the Fat PS4 support even 8TB SSD and i want to know if somebody already tried this on a old PS4 model.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should be 8 tb internal works on base ps4, (slim and pro only allows max 2tb internal which i find odd they put a hard limit on upgraded models, i myself have a base ps4+ a chinese clone databank (allows you to install 3.5" drives (desktop size) up to 8tb

Kibbutz90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Liechtenstein
should be 8 tb internal works on base ps4, (slim and pro only allows max 2tb internal which i find odd they put a hard limit on upgraded models, i myself have a base ps4+ a chinese clone databank (allows you to install 3.5" drives (desktop size) up to 8tb
Thanks, i know some people on reddit are using 4tb SSD because the 8TB model after a power loss can't rebuilt the file system and prompt a format, of course losing everything on the drive. I strangely not found anyone who tried this drive on a base PS4, so i was wondering if the issue still occurs on that or not. I guess the only way to find out is trying, if it goes bonkers i still can return it to Amazon and buy a 4TB one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids