Hacking launch sneek from virgin Wii U?

Deleted member 282441

AKA ZeroTheSavior
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to keep my vWii 100% virgin because I don't want to be banned from Nintendo Network (Not that they've ever banned anyone ever on a hacked vWii). Is it possible to load sneek from something like Smash Stack?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
sorrz for stealing topic, what is sneek? i do see this term a lot specially on launchers options... and everytime i wonder what is that

also there are xneek or other stuff...

from this post i assume its a redirect from a game exploit, is that correct?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
neek is a NAND emulation environment where the console is tricked to run with a fake "internal wii memory", which is in fact located on an external device like in Sd (Sneek) or Usb (Uneek).
as it can be "S" for Sneek, or "U" for usb, users often use "x" to tell "whatever version" xNeek.

in neek environment, everything is running from the emulated (redirected) NAND, no access is done on your Real internal NAND memory.
It's useful to test things like channel creation/edition, if you brick your Wii ... it's in fact the copy of your Wii that you broke, your Wii is still fine.
It's often use to play WiiWare and VC, as you can install a lot more games, you are not limited by the 528MB space, you can store up to 2TB of data.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
To launch xneek, you normally use bootmii installed as ios 254.
Another way to do it on the wii was using casper from giantpune if I remember well.
To my knowledge, Casper no longer works.
I know tricore linux has a way to patch the ios in memory and launch the linux armboot.bin like that, but there were problems with some usb devices
not properly enumerating afterwards. There also were issues with pending interrupts not being properly handled.
I have no idea if the situation has improved yet and if it also influences the startup of a neek environment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...