Koch Media acquires Timesplitters IP

It is with great pleasure that Koch Media today announces the acquisition of the cherished video games series Timesplitters. The agreement sees Koch Media become the owners of the intellectual property and the rights to create videogames based on the brand which will be produced by the Koch Media’s publishing label Deep Silver.

a0838859050_10.jpg

Largely considered as one of the most influential console games of the early 2000s, Timesplitters was originally created by Free Radical Design, who later became Crytek UK Ltd and finally Deep Silver Dambuster, also part of the Koch Media family. The three game series earned a large and passionate fan base thanks to its unique humour, art style and pop culture references while encouraging customisation and modification to give each person their own individual experience.
We are hugely excited to have acquired Timesplitters” commented Klemens Kundratitz, CEO Koch Media GmbH “The original games gave fans a massive content offer and provided a pure and genuinely fun arcade shooter experience. We have many fans of the Timesplitters series among our own staff who are passionate about creating a product that will thrill todays gaming audience.

In addition to Timesplitters, Koch Media have also acquired the IP and the rights to science fiction action-adventure game Second Sight. Also conceived by Free Radical Design, Second Sight was originally released in 2004 and follows the adventures of an American parapsychology researcher who undertakes missions alongside a band of U.S Marines using a mix of gun combat and stealth gameplay. Forthcoming Second Site products will also be published by Deep Silver.

Full details of future Timesplitters and Second Sight products will be revealed in due course.

:arrow:Source: GBAtemp Inbox

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THANK FUCKING GOD!

Now i can bash Crytek with impunity for burying the entire l.p. for no other reason than they couldn't decide who to put on the cover art. Seriously, how stupid and entitled do you have to be, for that to srop you?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Am I the only one who never heard of Koch Media?
No. But at this point, anyone who is intending on using the ip to *make games* is better than Crytek, who want to sit on it the same way Nintendo sat on Star fox 2 for 22 effing years.

Reactions: the_randomizer

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Am I the only one who never heard of Koch Media?
Don't you remember the anime fan crying in prom night? That was Koch media's subsidiary Deep Silver. A very well known distributor. And if it wasn't known before they created that marvellous meme hit Mighty No. 9 ad, they should be well known now.

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This is all well and good. I mean, seriously. I'm happy they got this. But I reeeaaaallllly hope this doesn't screw up the development of TimeSplitters Rewind.

zeveroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The last time I played TimeSplitters was on my younger brothers GameCube. Those were the days. Nice to see a possibility of it coming back. Don't think I played Second Sight though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival