Hardware Just got my New 3DS...First Impressions

link6155

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm jealous of Japan and Australia right now, I wish the New 3DS was coming to Western countries during the Holidays. Nintendo said that since the current models are selling great in the Western markets, they are probably not going to release the New 3DS anytime soon :(

I know this has been asked before, but does the New 3DS fixes Pokemon X and Y frame drops? I know that hiroakihsu doesn't own the game, but what about you klim28? I know that the new 3DS isn't going to improve games with a fixed FPS, but I believe that the frame drops in X and Y are caused by hardware limitation and not because of how the game was made.

klim28

Hunter4Life
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry man I don't have Pokemon in Japanese.

I have MH4g and SSB. The c-stick need a little of work to get used to. But after a few tries, its so good to use in MH4g. I don't know why others say that is c-stick is a super advantage in SSB, I'm not a pro player but its just used for special/heavy/smash attacks.

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I have a really hard time seeing the 3D on the first version of the 3DS that came out. XL was way better. But what I wonder is how does the 3D compare between the new small 3DS and the LL/XL? Equally as good or is it once again better on the bigger version?

Celebrimbor360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe I read somewhere that because of new beefier CPU, New 3DS supports games with Home button/sleep mode that aren't supported on "old" 3ds. Did you get a change to test this? e.g. I can't use home button in Animal Crossing New Leaf or close the lid to collect play coins, will this change if I get a new 3DS?

Sorry if someone already asked this...

Thanks,

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I believe I read somewhere that because of new beefier CPU, New 3DS supports games with Home button/sleep mode that aren't supported on "old" 3ds. Did you get a change to test this? e.g. I can't use home button in Animal Crossing New Leaf or close the lid to collect play coins, will this change if I get a new 3DS?

Sorry if someone already asked this...

Thanks,

You can suspend ACNL on a normal 3DS.
Only SSB4 and MH4 will take advantage of this.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Have you tried it? I played last night and while roaming in my town, I can't suspend and when I close the lid the power button is solid blue.

Are you sure you were not having your gate open?
While communicating most games don't allow you to go back to the menu.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry man I don't have Pokemon in Japanese.

I have MH4g and SSB. The c-stick need a little of work to get used to. But after a few tries, its so good to use in MH4g. I don't know why others say that is c-stick is a super advantage in SSB, I'm not a pro player but its just used for special/heavy/smash attacks.
You can change your position in the air while doing aerials, getting a solid knee off with falcon is a pain with no c-stick

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my hands on my New 3DS (Japanese region version):

http://postimg.org/image/bdiig1vtj/

It came with Firmware 8.1.0 out of the box, and my DSTwo with latest firmware seemed to boot up fine on it.

If any of you have any questions, feel free to ask here and I'll try to answer to the best of my ability.

Please also note that my responses are based on my experience with the unit; it may differ for you or other individuals.

If you also, like me, just got your New 3DS/LL, please feel free to add your input to this thread.

Update 1: I just upgraded it to latest firmware (9.1.0-20J) and my DSTwo with latest firmware still boots up fine. Woohoo!!!

Update 2 (Nov. 1): It's a bit superfluous info, but after updating to firmware 9.2.0J, my DSTwo with latest firmware still worked.

It will always work Nintendo have given up 2 years ago blocking any DS Mode flashcart.

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone tell me if the N3DS XL has the same size as the regular one. I have a polycarbonate protector for my 3ds and wonder if it'll fit my N3DS which on its way now.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can anyone tell me if the N3DS XL has the same size as the regular one. I have a polycarbonate protector for my 3ds and wonder if it'll fit my N3DS which on its way now.

Screen protectors for New 3DS XL and (Old) 3DS XL are the same size however fitted case protectors will not fit as the New 3DS XL is slightly bigger than the (Old) 3DS XL physically.

Nothing from the (Old) 3DS standard size fits on the New 3DS standard since the New 3DS standard size has both a bigger screen and is physically bigger than the (Old) 3DS standard.

Reactions: berat barış kuzu

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've noticed a lot of questions about the New 3DS' C-Stick and buttons.
And while I don't own one, I have a testable idea.

Those new features are merely a built-in Circle Pad Pro. Please verify ASAP with old CPP games.

I say this because it would make no sense from a software perspective for them to be anything but. Super Smash Bros. 3DS is infamously incompatible with the CPP due to hardware issues - ergo, the inability to load ir:USER, and the relevant drivers to mount and process the CPP's inputs while Sm4sh 3DS is being a resource hog. Since the New 3DS has more powerful specs, and also has the CPP built in, it not only can handily mount the extra buttons and send them off for Sm4sh 3DS to use, but it also doesn't need to load infrared.

So, Sm4sh 3DS would actually be technically CPP compatible, were it not for the drivers not loading.

I haven't reverse-engineered or tested anything, but this might be at least somewhat accurate from an end-user perspective of someone who just plays games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.