SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I just got my hands on my New 3DS (Japanese region version):

http://postimg.org/image/bdiig1vtj/

It came with Firmware 8.1.0 out of the box, and my DSTwo with latest firmware seemed to boot up fine on it.

If any of you have any questions, feel free to ask here and I'll try to answer to the best of my ability.

Please also note that my responses are based on my experience with the unit; it may differ for you or other individuals.

If you also, like me, just got your New 3DS/LL, please feel free to add your input to this thread.

Update 1: I just upgraded it to latest firmware (9.1.0-20J) and my DSTwo with latest firmware still boots up fine. Woohoo!!!

Update 2 (Nov. 1): It's a bit superfluous info, but after updating to firmware 9.2.0J, my DSTwo with latest firmware still worked.

hiroakihsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Can you feel the "super-stable 3D function" ?

Yes...the 3D stays relatively smooth as I change my view angle; there are "jitters" that last only a few miliseconds now and then (from adjusting the 3D to your viewing angle i suppose), but they're not that noticeable.

Do the rubber bumpers/spacers finally do the job of keeping the upper screen from touching the lower screen rim?

Yeah they seem to be...as I view the console in closed position from sideways, I can see a thin line of space between the two screens.

hiroakihsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The cstick.

How does it feel.

Also those tiny little extra shoulder buttons? How are they

I tried moving around the 3DS main menu with the cstick...It may seem kind of stiff at first, but it's actually quiet responsive; you only need to nudge it slightly to the side for the move to happen.

As for the extra shoulder buttons (ZR & ZL), you do have to reach in a bit further to press them (if you have small hands like mine), so that's kind of awkward I guess.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
D

Deleted User

What do you mean? Do you mean compared to the browser on the old 3DS? I've never tried the browser on the old one, so I'm not sure if I can tell much.

Did you try a DSi's browser, its very similar to the 3DS's .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: