Hacking Just got a Wii U in 2019...

hemi426

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What size HDD do you guys have to hold Wii U / Wii & GC games?
i use a 1tb hdd because i had one still lying around ,have wii u;wii;gc games on about 600mb is used.sd card iw 64gb so i can install many games at once but 32gb will also work great.sd card is also used for retroarch and n64 games

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
Just to update everyone. I have hacked the Wii U on 5.5.1. CHBC 1.6. - Everything is fine.

I have taken 3 clean NAND dumps. One after purchasing Brain Age. One after the console being fully hacked with a linked NNID and auto sign in.

The app will never be removed so no chance or brick I can see. I do like the menu options when CHBC is booting.

What’s the next thing you would do guys?

Why stay on 5.5.1 ?
I have 1tb HDD for WiiU
and 1tb HDD for vWii

Last edited by toxic9,

hemi426

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just to update everyone. I have hacked the Wii U on 5.5.1. CHBC 1.6. - Everything is fine.

I have taken 3 clean NAND dumps. One after purchasing Brain Age. One after the console being fully hacked with a linked NNID and auto sign in.

The app will never be removed so no chance or brick I can see. I do like the menu options when CHBC is booting.

What’s the next thing you would do guys?
just want to say if you have cbhc and update to 5.5.4 you will have to reinstall cbhc

Reactions: datahoarder

jellybeangreen2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just want to say if you have cbhc and update to 5.5.4 you will have to reinstall cbhc
Any reason to update? - is the process. Boot using CHBC(cold boot) update to 5.5.4. Console must reboot during this process. Load Homebrew menu via web exploit and just select chbc installer again?

I see most people are using 1TB. Is this split two separate partitions? Or does it work with one partition in Wii U and vWii mode? Thanks

Last edited by jellybeangreen2,

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
You should
Any reason to update? - is the process. Boot using CHBC(cold boot) update to 5.5.4. Console must reboot during this process. Load Homebrew menu via web exploit and just select chbc installer again?

I see most people are using 1TB. Is this split two separate partitions? Or does it work with one partition in Wii U and vWii mode? Thanks

You should had updated before... you had so much effort patching to access eshop in 5.5.1 unnecessarily and you only needed to 5.5.4 and simplify all the process.
if you are on 5.5.1 cbhc right now, you will have to reinstall it again after updating. this is also so simple. why stay on lower version?
you can't use the same HDD for WiiU and vWii. You need separate HDDs.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
  • Make a NAND backup
  • Use NNU-Patcher to install a compatible DS title
  • Install Haxchi
  • Update to 5.5.4
  • Verify that Haxchi works
  • Install CBHC
I created my nand backup after installing haxchi. Is that bad now? I mean in case I have to restore it. However, i created it before installing CBHC.

hemi426

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You should

You should had updated before... you had so much effort patching to access eshop in 5.5.1 unnecessarily and you only needed to 5.5.4 and simplify all the process.
if you are on 5.5.1 cbhc right now, you will have to reinstall it again after updating. this is also so simple. why stay on lower version?
If u use wiivc injector you can put Wii u,wii, and GC all on the same drive and play GC games on the gamepad

Reactions: jellybeangreen2

jellybeangreen2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I created my nand backup after installing haxchi. Is that bad now? I mean in case I have to restore it. However, i created it before installing CBHC.
Nah. Only difference is you don’t have a clean (stock) sysnand. If anything happens and you restore it. It will be hacked with haxchi.

I will uninstall CBHC and update and reinstall. Only take 10 mins

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If u use wiivc injector you can put Wii u,wii, and GC all on the same drive and play GC games on the gamepad
Do these show as channel forwarders?

hemi426

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nah. Only difference is you don’t have a clean (stock) sysnand. If anything happens and you restore it. It will be hacked with haxchi.

I will uninstall CBHC and update and reinstall. Only take 10 mins

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do these show as channel forwarders?
Yes they install and show up as regular Wii u games,no need to hack the vwii side,for Wii games a Wii remote,Wii pro,... Controller is requires.gc can be played with gamepad.also Wii games have to be same region when injected or they Will blackscreen

Reactions: jellybeangreen2

jellybeangreen2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should

Just to update everyone, I have just uninstalled CBHC. Rebooted. Installed the latest firmware (Which took the most time of 5 minutes). Rebooted again. Launched Brain training > HBC. Installed CBHC again. Rebooted. All is working great on the latest 5.5.4 firmware. Was easy so no fear if anyone else is in a similar boat; just make sure you uninstall CBHC before the firmware update (even though on EUR consoles the system menu xml is updated it should boot the stock menu, but better be safe than sorry).

I'm currently doing a NAND backup on 5.5.4. - Then after I will actually install some good stuff!

What cases do people recommend in 2019 to protect the gamepad? UK based please or something from china / aliexpress etc is fine.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Just to update everyone, I have just uninstalled CBHC. Rebooted. Installed the latest firmware (Which took the most time of 5 minutes). Rebooted again. Launched Brain training > HBC. Installed CBHC again. Rebooted.
Why so complicated? Update to the latest firmware, reinstall cbhc with the installer after a reboot, reboot, have fun.

jellybeangreen2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why so complicated? Update to the latest firmware, reinstall cbhc with the installer after a reboot, reboot, have fun.
The only thing different I did was uninstall prior to upgrade (to avoid risk of brick since CBHC does system menu changes) and I took a nand dump after. Hardly complicated.

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Sorry to join on this thread.
If a WiiU has Cold Boot active. but the Homebrew Channel is not installed. How do I Access Homebrew Channel?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto