Hacking JGecko U Setup Guide

skoolzout1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@BullyWiiPlaza @tastymeatball

If you are going to add that change, consider these changes as well:

1. Add a Check before going to an address in the memory viewer with a double click, to make sure the address is in the games range before going to it. (To prevent DSI crashes from accidental double-clicks)

2. There is a an out-of-bounds array exception that occurs when typing a Return/Enter character or sometimes pasting assembly in the Assembler. It would be nice if that didnt happen.

3. When Results are deleted from the results list, remove them entirely. Right now, if you refresh results or perform another search, all of the deleted results return, and they shouldnt.

4. When performing an Equal search, if the new values are the same as the Current Value from the last results, keep the Previous value the same as they were before. Essentially Previous Value and Current Value should never be equal. This would make it nicer to see changes when mass poking Previous and Current values. If the Current and Previous values are the same, its useless to poke the previous value since it is not different and you wont see a change.

Thanks again for considering these.

Edit: If you are going to implement #4, maybe make a Checkbox to enable/disable it. The idea in #4 may sometimes increase the odds of crashing the game since there is a chance that some values in the results list are dependent on others being a certain way.

Last edited by skoolzout1,

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@BullyWiiPlaza Would you change the button field in the codes tab to static so it doesn't increase/decrease its height when you have a larger/smaller code selected?
I'm not sure if this is possible because it's controlled by the layout manager but I will try.
1. Add a Check before going to an address in the memory viewer with a double click, to make sure the address is in the games range before going to it. (To prevent DSI crashes from accidental double-clicks)
This doesn't really happen, all address accesses are checked. Otherwise you can't even jump by double-click. Try it out.

All the rest: I will see about them and probably implement them.

Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza,

Fener1907

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello dear people, I have a problem, I have followed the instructions, if anyone has tested Pokemon platinum, please ask for help,
because I tried it, it did not work, if somebody did, please let me know how he did it, because it does not make me nervous,
I thank you in advance
ps I have a tutorial of you used it had not funktuniert there is also somehow irgentwie not helped so I write here for help please

skoolzout1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This doesn't really happen, all address accesses are checked. Otherwise you can't even jump by double-click. Try it out.

I see now. I thought it was a signed integer issue originally. From what i can tell, it seems like addresses that start with a letter are not handled and the jgecko still tries to jump to them.

i tested up to address 90000000 and it worked fine until A0000000. I guess every time it happened to me, it was probably just bad luck that i double clicked on a negative floating point value.

Fener1907

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What this tutorial is for:
Importing and exporting saves from the DS VC from or to .sav files.
.sav are used by most emulators and flashcards.

Importing saves to the VC
1. Start the VC game and save it
2. On your PC, go to the save folder of the VC (ex. SD: \ wiiu \ saves \ DS VC \ 80000001)
3. Delete all .state files in there
4. You now should have a .save file there. Note down its name and delete it.
5. Take your .sav you want to inject, rename it to the name of the .save (extension included!)
6. Once you boot the game, your save should be there.

Exporting saves from the VC
1. On your PC, go to the save folder of the VC (ex. SD: \ wiiu \ saves \ DS VC \ 80000001)
2. Copy the .save and rename it if you want
3. Change the extension of the copy from .save to .sav.

after this tutorial I did not work and it is not helpful to me over there in the thred I am grateful to anyone who can help me because I have been trying the game for a couple of days then I always ask for help as soon as thank you everybody really vorraus probably someone had for me a solution
Google Übersetzer für Unternehmen:Translator ToolkitWebsite-Übersetzer

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I see now. I thought it was a signed integer issue originally. From what i can tell, it seems like addresses that start with a letter are not handled and the jgecko still tries to jump to them.

i tested up to address 90000000 and it worked fine until A0000000. I guess every time it happened to me, it was probably just bad luck that i double clicked on a negative floating point value.
The A0000000 range is allowed to be accessed but it also crashed a lot for me lately so maybe I'll block that also.

Reactions: Fener1907

Fener1907

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
[QUOTE = "BullyWiiPlaza, post: 7815451, member: 352259"] Der Zugriff auf die A0000000-Reihe ist erlaubt, aber es ist in letzter Zeit auch sehr stark abgestürzt, vielleicht werde ich das auch blockieren. [/ QUOTE]

Also theoretisch habe ich es jetzt verstanden oder?

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@BullyWiiPlaza Would you also add frame.setLocationByPlatform(true); so the OS can decide where it will show the window? Having it in the center is a little bit inconvenient if you don't have a high resolution because half of the window is outside of the screen.
Done.

I added an additional OSIsAddressValid() call so accessing ranges is less likely to crash despite them being in the kernel address table.
Would you change the button field in the codes tab to static so it doesn't increase/decrease its height when you have a larger/smaller code selected?
I'm not sure if this is still relevant, does it still happen in the latest build now?
2. There is a an out-of-bounds array exception that occurs when typing a Return/Enter character or sometimes pasting assembly in the Assembler. It would be nice if that didnt happen.[/USER]
Fixed.
3. When Results are deleted from the results list, remove them entirely. Right now, if you refresh results or perform another search, all of the deleted results return, and they shouldnt.
Also fixed.
4. When performing an Equal search, if the new values are the same as the Current Value from the last results, keep the Previous value the same as they were before. Essentially Previous Value and Current Value should never be equal. This would make it nicer to see changes when mass poking Previous and Current values. If the Current and Previous values are the same, its useless to poke the previous value since it is not different and you wont see a change.
Done but without checkbox. It's now like that by default.

tastymeatball

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm not sure if this is still relevant, does it still happen in the latest build now?
It's still in latest build. If you select a small code thats only 2 lines long it will increase to its maximum, when you select a long code that goes to the bottom it resizes itself to its minimum.

I also get sometimes when I check or uncheck a code a FileNotFound exception for the archive.zip in the codes folder.

Reactions: BullyWiiPlaza

roland3564

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i ran cosmocourtney codehandler i ran breath of the wild
i ran jgecko u

but breath of the wild chashes saying illegal command, how do i fix that? i'm in 5.5.2 so i can't run kernel and stuff

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's still in latest build. If you select a small code thats only 2 lines long it will increase to its maximum, when you select a long code that goes to the bottom it resizes itself to its minimum.
I don't get it because it looks fine:
2abDcit.png

qMpq6U8.png

What resizes is the code list if the code titles are short but that's not what you mean.

EDIT: Nevermind. When checking the box it resizes. But I don't know how to fix that. Changing layouts didn't work.
I also get sometimes when I check or uncheck a code a FileNotFound exception for the archive.zip in the codes folder.
I never got this and I spammed the checkbox on/off. The function is synchronized so it doesn't have race conditions. Since it didn't happen to me once and I don't know the exact error stack trace I scratch that off my list also I guess.

tastymeatball

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When I check or uncheck a code an archive.zip gets created which will add up code files whenever I check or uncheck a code. But sometimes the archive.zip just gets deleted an shows me the FileNotFoundException.
Also another problem with resizes is the selected code window. When the window shows a scroll bar and you uncheck and check that long code the window gets smaller and smaller till it reaches the size of the String "Selected Code:"

Reactions: BullyWiiPlaza

skoolzout1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes like with regular poke. :P
But you don't like that?

Sorry for the confusion. I didnt mean that any of the results should change when poking :P I preferred how it was before with only Manual poking changing the results.

Maybe this will clarify more what i meant:

In my idea, Previous and Current Values should NEVER be equal to each other, except i guess on the first initial search.

when performing any Equal search, (specific or unknown), if the value for an address has NOT changed at all (Is Equal) compared to the results in the last search:

Then, do not touch/change the Current Value OR the Previous value for that address in the results list.

The whole point of poking is to see the effects of changing a value. The "Poke Previous Values" and "Poke Current Values" functions become useless if the Previous and Current values are the same value.

If you skip updating an address's values whenever its value is equal between searches, then you preserve the old previous values while still having a correct Current value. This allows you to still Poke the Previous values to how they were in the past so you can see if they change anything. This is what I was trying to describe in the first place.

Hopefully this makes sense. If it still doesnt make sense, then don't worry about implementing it.

Thanks for your time once again.

skoolzout1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I uh.. Also had another idea.

When doing a specific search, allow Searching based on the value inside of an address in addition to the normal "immediate" value searching. In other words, maybe put yet another checkbox for the Search Value Bar to specify whether to use the Value in the Textbox as an Immediate or an Address containing the value to compare to.

An then instead of comparing to the Immediate value in the textbox, check the value inside the Address everytime before performing the comparison with each result.

This would help to find the source for where Addresses may be getting their values from without losing results due to the value changing.

but if you ever manage to get breakpoints working.. That would work even better (:

Edit: Nevermind, I suppose I could just pause the game :P

VonnyV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey can you help me figure out how the new jgecko u jar zip works? in the old version,it wasnt so many files and it was easier to notice the location of application but 4 sum reason im starting to realize that theres hardly nothing to help me finger this out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...