It's a shame that Sony and Nintendo don't work together.

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 2,420
  • Replies 22
  • Likes 1
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
94f867341a2bbdd0ec88eee1987f92c9abea8058b9a664a274ebbe5638d61f19.jpg

The Switch by itself is an incredible gaming console that you can play on the big screen or take it on the go but many of the third party games won't be released on the Switch, unfortunately. Now, had Nintendo and Sony merged as one company for video games we'd have the best of both worlds.

Sony would make high quality gaming hardware (Vita OLED was amazing), 1st party and the ones to push to have strong 3rd party support while Nintendo would just develop the finesse Nintendo games they're known for.

But what we're left off on the Switch is the Nintendo exclusives, lots of indies, lots of VC games and a few/someish third party support. The Switch has so much potential for gaming greatness but truly feels locked to no end because of these limitations.

P.S. I'm not entirely sure but Vita game card releases don't appear to cost much more than the PS4 counterpart so even on that Sony could do it cheaper than Nintendo. Although, Sony would force their own line of memory cards but that would be a small price to pay for so much gaming goodness.

Reactions: OctolingRift

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah agreed but then again they couldn't be more different both in terms of hardware and software so I don't see this working ^^

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
94f867341a2bbdd0ec88eee1987f92c9abea8058b9a664a274ebbe5638d61f19.jpg

The Switch by itself is an incredible gaming console that you can play on the big screen or take it on the go but many of the third party games won't be released on the Switch, unfortunately. Now, had Nintendo and Sony merged as one company for video games we'd have the best of both worlds.

Sony would make high quality gaming hardware (Vita OLED was amazing), 1st party and the ones to push to have strong 3rd party support while Nintendo would just develop the finesse Nintendo games they're known for.

But what we're left off on the Switch is the Nintendo exclusives, lots of indies, lots of VC games and a few/someish third party support. The Switch has so much potential for gaming greatness but truly feels locked to no end because of these limitations.

P.S. I'm not entirely sure but Vita game card releases don't appear to cost much more than the PS4 counterpart so even on that Sony could do it cheaper than Nintendo. Although, Sony would force their own line of memory cards but that would be a small price to pay for so much gaming goodness.
Your point about the price of vita games being similar to PS4 games is because vita games come on a 4gb sometimes 8gb cartridge switch games come on a 32gb cartridge so obviously they are going to cost a bit more lol.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
The two working together would for sure, but why not in your opinion?

we would get the same thing at best if we lucky. most likely some gems we see from them just wouldn't have appeared at all.

the philosophy of the two companies just don't go together. plus they would be more bureaucracy of things getting pushed through.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
the philosophy of the two companies just don't go together.
You have a point there. SEGA worked with Nintendo for exclusive Sonic games during the WiiU era and they were mostly forgettable garbage but to be fair, using SEGA as an example isn't really a good example.

Speaking of SEGA, Deep Silver should buy SEGA.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do realize that the switch hasn't been out very long, right? Give it a year and there will be more 3rd party games. Besides, I like the indie games and ports that are on the system.

Reactions: Deleted User

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
in the video game history, sony only is what they are today(about gaming) thanks to nintendo, everything they do is imitating nintendo an improving what are working , since Sony is big because of electronics and stufs before they started to make games, would be a shame if they did something worse, right? hahah what sony have in hardware power, nintendo have in creativity, gaming innovation and charisma...
better motion controls? right, but the"ps3 sports" wasn't half fun of wiisports :v

Well I agree that they together would be amazing, but Sony "betrayed" nintendo and made their gamming debut, and I think this would repeat if tried again...

Reactions: RustInPeace

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember reading that Sony wouldn't work with Microsoft on something. I can't remember, some shared online prospect for some game. I think that indicates Sony not wanting to play ball with others, probably why they lead in console exclusives, so as not to be on some similar plateau as Microsoft and Nintendo. Or it could be some grudge over the Super Nintendo disc add-on? That fell through and the PlayStation was born.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well I agree that they together would be amazing, but Sony "betrayed" nintendo and made their gamming debut, and I think this would repeat if tried again...
Betrayed my ass. Sony and Nintendo were discussing working together for a cd-rom drive in the planning of the n64 and couldn't work it out. Seeing the success of Sony's gaming division since then, they were right to step away from the negotiations (if they didn't, gamers would at best know Sony as the manufacturer of a part of a Nintendo console).
I wasn't there on those negotiations, but the fact that Nintendo also fudged a deal with philips on a cd drive kind of tells me it was mostly Nintendo not bargaining professionally enough.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
No, their approach is completely different. If Sony was the one producing hardware, they'd do what they're doing now -- just release stronger "normal" consoles. You would never see something like the Switch come out of that partnership. I'm glad Nintendo is independent.

Reactions: Sliter

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Betrayed my ass. Sony and Nintendo were discussing working together for a cd-rom drive in the planning of the n64 and couldn't work it out. Seeing the success of Sony's gaming division since then, they were right to step away from the negotiations (if they didn't, gamers would at best know Sony as the manufacturer of a part of a Nintendo console).
I wasn't there on those negotiations, but the fact that Nintendo also fudged a deal with philips on a cd drive kind of tells me it was mostly Nintendo not bargaining professionally enough.
fell bad for your ass, bro (???)
It's kinda betray when someone call you to work with you do give their console a disk drive and you want to put their name everywhere, the one that called you don't want it and you also don't do if not the way you want, so you two stop working together but make use of everything you two developed together, even what wasn't your part
sony did made a console based on that development, but did nintendo made any CD drivers?
Nintendo had their name on consoles, they don't wanted to have it with another label if not their, idk how stuff happened back there but this is why I told " betray", they actually dismissed contract and business stuff.

Some people say that sony did it intentionally like if it worked they would just won a famous console brand, if not they would have a development almost done, and this what happened lol
Back there sony don't had a name in gaming industries, so this "working together" like having both names would not work unless it was something like.. a TV with a Snes on the go, now they have and "working together in games " make snece since are a way of both

No, their approach is completely different. If Sony was the one producing hardware, they'd do what they're doing now -- just release stronger "normal" consoles. You would never see something like the Switch come out of that partnership. I'm glad Nintendo is independent.
but an portable that works like is very possible now hahah
20170518000723_playstation_switch_sony.jpg

SOON (tm)

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
The reason the big three will never work together is due to money and ego.

Nintendo and Sony like having their own hardware which can make money from accessories and licensing.

The only chance I can see of Nintendo going with another console company is either they're in deep **** and/or they're bought out.

What happened was Sony was contracted to make the 'SNES CD' but the agreement gave them more control over the platform than Nintendo wanted.

Rather than renegotiate they ended up going with Philips.

The playstation as we know it only really existed because Ken wanted to continue working on it and changed it from SNES based hardware to the specs we ended up with.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Yeah Sony and Nintendo together again would truly be something awesome. Its their differences that could make or break them. If the brains behind Nintendo and Sony came together then we would either see something beautiful or something disgusting. The same applies if MS and Sony came together.

I rather would see Sony and Ninty make a console and then see MS and Sega work on a console

D

Deleted User

OP
Thanks god they didn't work together.
I wouldn't want to play a Mario FPS where he has a shotgun and kills goombas.

Touko White

(not)Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks god they didn't work together.
I wouldn't want to play a Mario FPS where he has a shotgun and kills goombas.
PS wasn't always FPS-oriented and never really was idk, especially in the ps1/ps2 days.

then again, I wouldn't want Mario kart and gran turismo being merged or something, I enjoy those series for what they are... (heck I had all Mario kart games except 7 and later, and all gran turismo games except the first one because the first one is too scratched disc one I own)

Reactions: Deleted User
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
PS wasn't always FPS-oriented and never really was idk, especially in the ps1/ps2 days.

then again, I wouldn't want Mario kart and gran turismo being merged or something, I enjoy those series for what they are... (heck I had all Mario kart games except 7 and later, and all gran turismo games except the first one because the first one is too scratched disc one I own)
PlayStation has a lot of variety, it's Xbox where they get stuck down to FPS/TPS/Racing games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn