Hacking Issues with EZ Flash IV (mini SD version)

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible the update is working, it's just the kernel isn't recognizing your old SD card anymore when it tries to boot. Some people had issues with that. Do you have another card you can try, even a micro SD in an adapter?

HomebrewEnthusiast109876

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible the update is working, it's just the kernel isn't recognizing your old SD card anymore when it tries to boot. Some people had issues with that. Do you have another card you can try, even a micro SD in an adapter?
I have 0 adapters. Just this. You saying new FW won't pick up my sd card?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 0 adapters. Just this. You saying new FW won't pick up my sd card?
By adding SDHC support, they broke compatibility with some cards. Try 1.74, if it works fine, then that's probably what it is. It should be included with the EZ4Client ZIP file. Just use 1.74 until you get a new card for it.

EDIT: Actually, here's a link to a copy of the 1.74 kernel, just reskinned. You'll have to rename it to "ezfla_up.bin".

Last edited by TecXero,

HomebrewEnthusiast109876

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By adding SDHC support, they broke compatibility with some cards. Try 1.74, if it works fine, then that's probably what it is. It should be included with the EZ4Client ZIP file. Just use 1.74 until you get a new card for it.

EDIT: Actually, here's a link to a copy of the 1.74 kernel, just reskinned. You'll have to rename it to "ezfla_up.bin".
The second star wars worked I googled for that. Good call.

It works, might need a micro and adapter afterall. I wonder how large a card would be ideal? I'd love to load every single game ever.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to get this to work. I have an old version of the card that is the 2006 version (or at least was bought long before 2013). I am using a mini to micro adapter.

1.75 or 1.77: Produces Item Discribe error and then black bars and a black screen when I press start (on SD card), shows an empty card (on SDHC card)
1.72 Reset or 1.74 (from clearlooks linked above): Seems to work (on SD card), shows black screen (on SDHC card).

Note: In neither case is the behavior with a SDHC the same as the behavior I get when I just don't put in a SD card at all.

The best I can do is use my old SD. Nothing I can do seems to get the SDHC to work.

Is the 1.72 or 1.74 safe or do I have to worry about the 254M bug, or some other bug?

Also, has anyone figured out exactly what causes the problem? I found one site which claimed that the 2006 EZ Flash just can't read SDHC at all but people here report that theirs can. I tried starting at sector 8192 and that didn't make any difference.

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
my new EZ4TF is due arrive today, but I have no mini SDHC to test SDHC capability of the old EZ4miniSD, gonna get an adapter to test all cases.

Jiro2, how many SDHC cards have you tested?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-