Firmware update on EZ-flash IV MINISD version, and microSD issue [HELP]

abrueda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi!
last week i found my old EZ FLASH IV MINISD version, marked as EZ402 2006.03 on PCB.
I need help for some issues:
-KERNEL update: i dont know what kernel is flashed on my cart, but if i try to update KERNEL version from official site, 1.75 and 2.05, it loads but on menu appears and icon and then goes to black screen. IMO this kernel is not valid for the miniSD version, Is ther any updated kernel compatible?
-microSD card: if y try with a 32GB (Samsung EVO) microSD formatted as FAT32, i have BLACK SCREEN, maybe kernel too OLD? unssupported capacity with this EZ?

Thank you!

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The MiniSD version should be compatible with the latest kernel, 2.05

The issue is most likely your SD card. To use SDHC cards (cards larger than 4Gb) you need kernel 1.75 or newer.

However, the MiniSD bootloader only supports regular SD cards, so in order to update your kernel, you need an older SD card. Once updated, you should be able to use your 32Gb card to play games, but you'll always need the old SD card when flashing a new kernel (eg. an update or skinned variant)

abrueda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm updating kernel with and OLD 2GB MINISD card, the update process completes OK, but when it loads, still with the OLD MINISD CARD inserted, i can see icon MENU with [X], few seconds later it goes to black screen. with the original FW i saved before all these test, it loads withour problem, but not if i flash 1.75 or 2.05 from "ezflash cn" (only shows EZ FLASH MICROSD, not MINISD on the DOWNLOAD WEB).

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm updating kernel with and OLD 2GB MINISD card, the update process completes OK, but when it loads, still with the OLD MINISD CARD inserted, i can see icon MENU with [X], few seconds later it goes to black screen. with the original FW i saved before all these test, it loads withour problem, but not if i flash 1.75 or 2.05 from "ezflash cn" (only shows EZ FLASH MICROSD, not MINISD on the DOWNLOAD WEB).
The black screen happens when the kernel can't detect the SD card.

I should have pointed out, that once you update to version 1.75 or newer, you can no longer use your regular SD card (the 2GB MINISD) to play GBA games, you need to use an SDHC card for newer kernels.

So once your update process completes, you can put in your 32Gb SD card with the GBA games and you should be able to play games now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol