Homebrew Is there a way to send multiboots via a flashcart?

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To clarify, this isn't about official multiboots; those are as simple as with an original cartridge. This is about homebrew ones, and specifically about using a GBA flashcart to host a multiboot that it can send to slaves. I already know about the Gamecube and Wii apps, and also about Game Boy Interface's ability to pipe data from the GCN to the GBP when the little tab in the latter's EXT1 isn't pressed down.

I just want to know if there's a utility for it. It would be pretty nice to have on my GBA utility belt.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty certain Goomba had this feature for sending itself to other consoles. If it doesn't already exist, you could rip the code out of Gooba and recycle it without much work.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm pretty certain Goomba had this feature for sending itself to other consoles. If it doesn't already exist, you could rip the code out of Goomba and recycle it without much work.
Maybe. But my desire was more for a utility with DLDI support that can send arbitrary files. IIRC, Goomba handles its multiboot in a similar way to official games - by embedding the executable within its own ROM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/offbeat/twitch-streamer-places-24000-hit-on-youtuber-after-stellar...