Is there a way to have a US 3DS connect to a Eur 3DS for download play, if both are modded, without a full region change hack?

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 3DSs one US model, one Eur model, both are hacked out, able to do just about anything you could imagine, with the exception of download play not working between the two systems. Now I know many games can do multiplayer even if being played on different region 3DSs, like Pokemon, but I'm aware not every game works this way, and download play straight up doesn't work, no matter which 3DS you're trying to download to, you'll get the error that the 3DS has to update to the latest firmware for that region (both are indeed already on the latest firmware) in order to download play that particular game.

I know it is an option to change the region of one of the devices (as seen here: https://3ds.hacks.guide/region-changing.html) but that seems needlessly risky and unnecessary. Surely there must be some Luma or Rosalina feature or something I could enable on one or both of the systems to be able to download play from the other out of region 3DS. Is there such a thing? If so, what is it, and where can I find it?! Thanks for any help!

Reactions: Charger123

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo