is there a Ultimate WiiU guide for 2023?

tommaloney

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Like the title says, is there a Ultimate WiiU guide for 2023?

I am looking for a guide from start to finish that includes

The best way to install (permanent) CFW. install games directly to HDD.

The best way to mod the VWII (permanent). Best USB Loader.

To use 1 8TB drive for both hopefully.

The best way to use cheats for both WiiU and Wii.

Amiibos. I have a Project D.I.R.E.

and last but not least, save manager.

I know I am asking alot, maybe someone can point me to different guides. but I thought if I ask here I will get the most current and up to date information

Thank you everyone

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
https://wiiu.hacks.guide/ 🤔
  • Two separate drives are necessary
    • If the vWii drive has 512 byte sector size its limited to max 2TB, with a rare drive of 4k sector size its limited to 16TB.
  • USB Loader GX and Wiiflow can use Gecko/Ocarina Cheats for GC and Wii games.
  • Amiibo Emulation by GaryOderNichts
    • For Skylander games exist KAOS a selfmade portal.

Last edited by Sypherone,
Reactions: godreborn

szlovak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Awesome thanks

This is what I will be working on tonight :)
I have to write this to be able to post links ;)
Post automatically merged:

Awesome thanks

This is what I will be working on tonight :)
I think better way is to watch some YT like https://www.youtube.com/@funkyscott47 , that general information mentioned previously will let you install Tiramisu without anything useful, will hack console only. There is also in one of his videos ready to save content of SD card

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think better way is to watch some YT like https://www.youtube.com/@funkyscott47
Totaly wrong. Dont follow YT Videos. They are faster outdated then you able to realize, including lost links, outdated files and incomplete tutorial. As result you will stuck with a problem finally opening here in our community a thread with a big "pls help me".

This mentioned guide is uptodate, noob proofed and easy to follow.

szlovak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Totaly wrong. Dont follow YT Videos. They are faster outdated then you able to realize, including lost links, outdated files and incomplete tutorial. As result you will stuck with a problem finally opening here in our community a thread with a big "pls help me".

This mentioned guide is uptodate, noob proofed and easy to follow.

Look at his videos, he updates information if everything is up to date

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to write this to be able to post links ;)
Post automatically merged:

I think better way is to watch some YT like https://www.youtube.com/@funkyscott47 , that general information mentioned previously will let you install Tiramisu without anything useful, will hack console only. There is also in one of his videos ready to save content of SD card

It is bad to recommend YouTube video over a written guide.

Reactions: duwen and Sypherone

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are into topic for long time than maybe, but for newcomers why not? Times change. Especially when it is related what actually is to seen on screens

Usuallly there are error in those guide or outdated info compare to written guide, prime example would be someone like Sthetix he makes a lot of mistake in his video guide.

tommaloney

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
New members can't post links becaus
https://wiiu.hacks.guide/ 🤔
  • Two separate drives are necessary
    • If the vWii drive has 512 byte sector size its limited to max 2TB, with a rare drive of 4k sector size its limited to 16TB.
  • USB Loader GX and Wiiflow can use Gecko/Ocarina Cheats for GC and Wii games.
  • Amiibo Emulation by GaryOderNichts
    • For Skylander games exist KAOS a selfmade portal.
how do you check to see what byte sector size you have?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do you check to see what byte sector size you have?
might be able to in a hex editor. just load up the drive, and check the byte size. every two characters are one byte, so the easiest way may be to copy and paste sector 0 into a hex editor, then check the byte size in properties.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There are two generations of drives and also have usually different labels "AF" and "4kn"
To check the logical and physical sectorsize :
  • Use Powershell fsutil fsinfo ntfsinfo <drive letter>: and check the lines "Bytes per Sector" and "Bytes per physical Sector".
    Or with Get-Disk | Format-List check "LogicalSectorSize" and "PhysicalSectorsize" and also shows the partitiontable MBR/GPT.
  • On Linux the sectorsize can be checked with fdisk # fdisk -l /dev/sdX and seen in Line "Sector Size (logical/physical) or with blockdev.

Reactions: godreborn

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lol'd at that youtube link. The newest video is how to bring back HB launcher instead of using mii maker.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The only YT tutorial vids worth a damn are the ones that refer the viewer to the hacks.guide web pages for the most up-to-date procedures.

If you searched for "Wii U CFW Guide" on youtube and went by most viewed as an indication of "best" I'm pretty sure the 'top' results would point you to Haxchi rather than Tiramisu.

szlovak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The only YT tutorial vids worth a damn are the ones that refer the viewer to the hacks.guide web pages for the most up-to-date procedures.

If you searched for "Wii U CFW Guide" on youtube and went by most viewed as an indication of "best" I'm pretty sure the 'top' results would point you to Haxchi rather than Tiramisu.
on hacks.guide there is almost no single word what next after installing that Tiramisu and it is what I was referring to. Before, there was a choice to install basic apps to be able to install games etc. but not now, they removed it. So you go there, install Tiramisu and end up with no any set of apps.

Yes, I click everything stupid that YT proposes , the more word "best", "newest" I click instantly. LOL You are totally wrong. First I read about Tiramisu and what stuff I can get on Wii U, then bought Wii U and accessories, then discovered that hacks.guide is somehow not self explanatory and differs from the previous files that were there available like WUP Installer GX2 etc, then saw some videos on YT that made process simpler. Now I see that I committed a crime by watching YT LOL If you are so much against YT links why they are allowed here? Because what you say has no confirmation in reality

Last edited by szlovak,

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you are so much against YT links why they are allowed here?

Youtube links are allowed here because not every YT link is a tutorial, but you'll find pretty much every YT tutorial posted here will always have a load of comments saying to not follow YT tutorials for all the reasons posted above.

The only trustworthy Youtubers doing tutorials are the ones that point out that the method they are showing is correct as of the time of filming, but to follow the hacks.guide in case anything has changed

I had no problem following the wiiu.hacks.guide when I switched from CBHC to Tiramisu, and it's even simpler for a fresh softmod... and there's no need for it to suggest every HB you should install; in the 'finalizing setup' section it gives you the Homebrew Appstore, and that should be all you need to find anything else you may want to install.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it's not necessary but useful
It's not useful but dangerous. Most Tiramisu "bugs" these days stem from this. I say "bugs" cause they are no real bugs but clearly user error (thanks to following such bad YT videos, so thank you for this prime example about bad YT videos).
installing that Tiramisu and it is what I was referring to. Before, there was a choice to install basic apps to be able to install games etc. but not now, they removed it.
Nothing has been removed, just open your eyes: https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/tiramisu/finalizing-setup?id=additional-homebrew-apps
discovered that hacks.guide is somehow not self explanatory
The guide is a colleborative work and everyone is allowed to participate. So why Not change it to the better instead of whining?
like WUP Installer GX2 etc
Another prime example: The community is in the process of switching away from that old, buggy WUP Installer but the YT videos you're watching aren't following but are distributing outdated informations instead.

Reactions: r1vver and duwen

szlovak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So why Not change it to the better instead of whining?
I think that you both are whining that YT is horrible here the most ... Besides all I see is flame here, pathetic
Another prime example: The community is in the process of switching away from that old, buggy WUP Installer but the YT videos you're watching aren't following but are distributing outdated informations instead.
Where did it switch to? Please show me exactly where it is so obvious? That sticky thread even doesn't say it on the first page, that was not even updated since 2019 LOL https://gbatemp.net/threads/community-noob-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.451297/
I had no problem following the wiiu.hacks.guide when I switched from CBHC to Tiramisu, and it's even simpler for a fresh softmod... and there's no need for it to suggest every HB you should install; in the 'finalizing setup' section it gives you the Homebrew Appstore, and that should be all you need to find anything else you may want to install.
I didn't follow it since I fixed it with that guy's set from YT and apparently it did exactly the same thing at the end,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1