Is the PSP capable to accept a 64GB microsd ?

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by nbvcxy206, Feb 9, 2012.

1. K3nnyz

K3nnyz Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2015
    United States
    [REDACTED], [REDACTED]
    OMG PLEASE SOME HELP KRISTEN PLEASE HELP I THINK ITS CURROPTED I GOT A 80220087 ERROR PLEASE OH MY OGD I JUST GPT THIS NOOOO NOTHIG IS WORKING

2. Sinergy

Sinergy Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2015
    United States
    So would this work? Nothing else, just the micro sd and the adaptor it comes with? I know you're all probably sick of hearing the same old question but I'm brand new to psp, I bought one just for old games and don't know much about it.
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/221709205719

3. K3nnyz

K3nnyz Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2015
    United States
    [REDACTED], [REDACTED]
    Anyone know where to get doom for tne psp that loads all wads including pwads and iwads and all sorts of modded wads and good stuff. My version is 6.60 cfw lme 1.8

4. drgnslayers

drgnslayers Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2010
    Canada
    actually, there's a newer version of the Pro-C, the Pro-C2, whose last update was last December, and it works flawlessly

5. Hargrun

Hargrun Support the arts! (The games, silly.)

May 22, 2014
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    Not counting the PSN bug thing, sure. Absolutely flawless.

6. drgnslayers

drgnslayers Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2010
    Canada
    yeah, depends of the psn games. I don't know if someone has played Dragon Warrior VII on their psp and if they were stuck in Labres because they were no one to speak to in the village

7. kristianity77

kristianity77 GBATemp old fogey

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK
    Actually, I didn't quote C2 at the time because of the PSN bug. But that bug has now been fixed as of the Februaury 2015 Pro C2 update so Drgnslayers is correct. I now have C2 on mine. However, I don't think the fixed C2 was out (or it was only JUST out) when I made my original comment so thats why I didn't suggest C2 as a suitable update.

8. Hargrun

Hargrun Support the arts! (The games, silly.)

May 22, 2014
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    In this case, I'm sorry. I thought PRO CFW was abandoned long ago, so I never checked for updates after the unofficial fix3. (Using LME atm.)

9. kristianity77

kristianity77 GBATemp old fogey

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK

I didn't know it was still being updated either. I only found it by accident over on Wololo to be honest. When updates happen now, the news doesn't seem to spread very far these days :(

10. tivu100

tivu100 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 6, 2015
    United States
    Can anyone give me an Amazon link for the dual micro sdxc adapter (that they know surely work with 2 x 64GB micro SDXC)? Micro SD gets so cheap these days, so decided to revive my old PSP to play some classic PS1 and PSP games.

11. Arecaidian Fox

Arecaidian Fox Pink Foxi

Sep 5, 2013
    United States
    Snohomish, WA
    Don't go with a dual. I bought one and had rampant data corruption and freezing issues. Buy a single-port microSD to MSDUO adapter and a 128GB microSD card...Er, though I suggest maybe sticking with just a 64GB. Higher amounts of memory tend to bog down the PSP as it reads the card on the XMB, even with memory card speedups through CFW.

12. tivu100

Jun 6, 2015
    United States
    But others said that the single-port won't support SDXC (>=64GB).

13. Arecaidian Fox

Arecaidian Fox Pink Foxi

Sep 5, 2013
    United States
    Snohomish, WA
    Here, this is the exact one I bought...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005GST4GC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01

As for the single-port ones not working, that's simply not true. Granted, when you first socket the microSD into the adapter and then into your PSP it won't work, but that's because the PSP needs to format the card. Do that, and make sure it is the FIRST thing you do with it. After that, have fun with you 64GB or more of storage. Set up your files, plugins, whatever. It should all read just fine. Ever since I swapped to a single-port adapter my issues with freezes and all manner of nasty business has basically been reduced to nearly zilch. The only stuff I pretty much tangle with is what will lock up a PSP anyway, and that's by choice, not by the hardware I'm using for the MSDUO card.

Hargrun and cvskid like this.
  14. kiroi

kiroi Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2016
    I am in the same situasion as you were. what did you end up doing? :)

15. tivu100

Jun 6, 2015
    United States
    I haven't touched the PSP since :shy: Sorry.

Gonna run it again once I get a little better with programming try to write a simple app. I'll let you know then

16. Attacker3

Attacker3 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 24, 2015
    Canada
    Underground, in my mother's basement.
    I wish you could hotswap microSD cards.

17. Maave

Maave Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2010
    United States
    I got a "128GB" (120GB real storage) microSD recently and decided to test it in my PSP. It works. I have some $4 single-port adapter from amazon and a PSP-2000 with 6.61 firmware and PRO-C. It started formatted as exFAT, 120GB total. Put it in the PSP, PSP says it can be read and to format it. Format it using the PSP and it works fine, shows 120GB free. Put it in the computer, it's FAT32 with 120GB. Copy data from my 16GB card onto the 120 and I can boot Peacewalker.

But it's slooooow. Noticeably slower than the 16GB despite having a faster rating. It's the exact same data on each card so the PSP is doing some kind of excess reading on the 120. I will be sticking with a single 16GB for speed

trumpet-205 said that there are multiple version of SDXC, some of which are not compatible. So my particular card is is a Mixza Tohaoll 128GB, SDXC UHS-1

18. Altharic

Altharic Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2016
    I also used a 64gb class 10 card and its slow but a 32gb is fine.

19. alex_0706

alex_0706 darknessblade

May 8, 2010
    Netherlands
    i am gonna use photofast cr5400 adapters
    with 2x 16GB cards

dont have them yet.
    also need to wait for my replacement screen for my psp 100X
    (gotten my PSP for free though) had 2 broken parts: screen and UMD player

gotten my hands on a second donor PSP,
    anybody have any expierence in how good games play with 64GB storage?

Last edited by alex_0706, Jun 30, 2016
  20. OuahOuah

OuahOuah GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 2, 2006
    France
    France