Is the PSP capable to accept a 64GB microsd ?

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by nbvcxy206, Feb 9, 2012.

1. kristianity77

kristianity77 GBATemp old fogey

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK

It is yes. Do keep a look out though at the growing list of PSN releases of PSX games. There are quite a few PSX games that dont work correctly through Eboots and there is nothing worse than getting so far in a game only for it to bug out due to incompatibility. So I'd always advise where possible, grab hold of the PSN versions. Especially for anything made by Squaresoft! Also, PSN versions (due to sonys own compression techniques) can be a hell of a lot smaller than ones you make yourself. For instance, Rayman, with CDDA comes out at over 500mb on a homemade eboot. PSN version? 90mb! And nothing is missing.

Jayro likes this.

2. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    That's very impressive, I'll have to take a look at PSN versions. Is there any speedbumps to installing them?

3. kristianity77

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK
    Nope, provided your on 6.60 ProC Fix 3 your golden. Just copy them over just like you would your own Eboots and your good to go. PSN versions are a must for the following game (taken from experience!)

Final Fantasy VII
    Final Fantasy VIII
    Final Fantasy IX
    Chrono Cross
    Xenogears
    Blood Omen - Legacy Of Kain
    Final Fantasy V
    Final Fantasy VI
    Grandia
    Jumping Flash (Massive file size reduction)
    Rayman (Massive file size reduction)
    Legend Of Dragoon
    Legend Of Mana
    Mickeys Wild Adventure
    Mr Driller
    Parasite Eve 2
    Pong
    Rayman 2
    Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3
    Saga Frontier 2
    Silent Hill
    Suikoden 2
    Tomb Raider 2 (Massive file size reduction)

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head. So yeah, if you want any of the above, then go for the PSN versions, as you wont run into any problems with them, but will with your own Eboots at some point.

Jayro likes this.
  4. Arecaidian Fox

Arecaidian Fox Pink Foxi

Sep 5, 2013
    United States
    Snohomish, WA
    I really don't mind running Fast Recovery on a new boot. Doesn't matter for me at this point, though since I no longer have my Go, and my "regular-style" PSP is a 2000 anyway.
    Same here. I love putting those things together. Finally got .at3 files to work, lol.

Jayro likes this.
  5. Jayro

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    I have also found that when downloading PS1 eboots pre-made, I typically go for the ones that say "multi-disc conversion", or "converted properly" and have no problems with them. I like the multi-disc conversions, as it makes disc swapping seamless by just pressing X or Start. They even have sweet icons, wallpapers, and music so they look like a proper PSN download, and don't come off looking armature-ish. :P

6. kristianity77

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK
    If any of you manage to get Dragon Warrior 7 to work on PSP3000 then I'm all ears by the way!

7. Arecaidian Fox

Arecaidian Fox Pink Foxi

Sep 5, 2013
    United States
    Snohomish, WA
    I do all my own conversions from the cleanest ROM dumps I can get my grubby paws on. I really don't like how the official PSN versions look so...uniform.

8. Jayro

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Yeah, the fans that make flawless conversions usually have much more artistic flair. ^_^

9. Arecaidian Fox

Arecaidian Fox Pink Foxi

Sep 5, 2013
    United States
    Snohomish, WA
    Any ones you want resources for? A lot of my stuff is just Google Image search grabs, but I edit them in almost all cases. Also have a couple/few AT3s ready to go.

(Just to be clear, this isn't a warez post. AT3 is an audio format, and I am referring to image files; JPG, BMP, PNG, etc...)

10. Jayro

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Naw, I haven't had to convert anything for a great while. My PSP needs a new battery, as I can't seem to un-Pandora my regular stock battery via soft-mod anymore. When it gets 100% charged, it powers off the PSP without warning. Not even a proper shutdown either, just FFFFFFT. Off.

11. Arecaidian Fox

Arecaidian Fox Pink Foxi

Sep 5, 2013
    United States
    Snohomish, WA
    Yeah, new battery for sure
    :sad:

12. kristianity77

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK
    Are the AT3 files the music that plays when highlighting the games in the list?

13. K3nnyz

K3nnyz Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2015
    United States
    [REDACTED], [REDACTED]
    Do you know where i can find the best homebrew games, apps, emulators, etc??? Also for ISOs And CSOs too and ps1 eboots

Thanks

14. kristianity77

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK

Wololo.net for apps, emus and homebrew. The rest you'll have to google.

15. K3nnyz

K3nnyz Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2015
    United States
    [REDACTED], [REDACTED]
    Cool, also

5.00 M33-6 Vs 6.60 PRO C Fix 3
    Whats better?

16. kristianity77

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK

M33 is very very outdated these days. Go to 6.60 Pro C. Perfect compatibility with everything.

17. K3nnyz

K3nnyz Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2015
    United States
    [REDACTED], [REDACTED]
    Hey, what happens if i take my adapter with a 64gb carb or any size out of my psp if it's still on? Is it even safe to take out psp once its in for like to swop it out for another? Also, what if i have a psp fortmatted card and i want a upgrade for a double slot adapter can i get use the old will a second formst do something to it?

18. kristianity77

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK

No, dont take the card out when its switched on. all that does is risk corruption and you could lose everything. You can take it out of the PSP when its switched off yes.

Regarding your other question I'm not sure I understand you. Do you mean if you have one micro SD card in a reader that holds one card. And then you buy a Micro SD card reader that holds 2 of them and you want to use your first Micro SD card and then a second? If so then sure, but you will lose whats on your first one in the process as it will need to format it. So backup the data first.

19. K3nnyz

K3nnyz Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2015
    United States
    [REDACTED], [REDACTED]
    THANKS! do you know any psp mp3 music player visualizer apps?

20. K3nnyz

K3nnyz Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2015
    United States
    [REDACTED], [REDACTED]
    ANY HERE KNOW HOW TO DOWNLOAD FILES IN PSPKVM ON oPERA MINI? I KEEP GetING THIS 10MB LIMIT ERROR..
    I need a app that will browse thr Internet for psp. The og one is terrible and i keep gettimg a ssl handshake error