Hardware Is the PSP capable to accept a 64GB microsd ?

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I plan on staying at 6.60 Pro C Fix 3, and I make all my PSX ISOs into Eboots myself, it's actually quite fun.

It is yes. Do keep a look out though at the growing list of PSN releases of PSX games. There are quite a few PSX games that dont work correctly through Eboots and there is nothing worse than getting so far in a game only for it to bug out due to incompatibility. So I'd always advise where possible, grab hold of the PSN versions. Especially for anything made by Squaresoft! Also, PSN versions (due to sonys own compression techniques) can be a hell of a lot smaller than ones you make yourself. For instance, Rayman, with CDDA comes out at over 500mb on a homemade eboot. PSN version? 90mb! And nothing is missing.

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
It is yes. Do keep a look out though at the growing list of PSN releases of PSX games. There are quite a few PSX games that dont work correctly through Eboots and there is nothing worse than getting so far in a game only for it to bug out due to incompatibility. So I'd always advise where possible, grab hold of the PSN versions. Especially for anything made by Squaresoft! Also, PSN versions (due to sonys own compression techniques) can be a hell of a lot smaller than ones you make yourself. For instance, Rayman, with CDDA comes out at over 500mb on a homemade eboot. PSN version? 90mb! And nothing is missing.

That's very impressive, I'll have to take a look at PSN versions. Is there any speedbumps to installing them?

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's very impressive, I'll have to take a look at PSN versions. Is there any speedbumps to installing them?

Nope, provided your on 6.60 ProC Fix 3 your golden. Just copy them over just like you would your own Eboots and your good to go. PSN versions are a must for the following game (taken from experience!)

Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Chrono Cross
Xenogears
Blood Omen - Legacy Of Kain
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Grandia
Jumping Flash (Massive file size reduction)
Rayman (Massive file size reduction)
Legend Of Dragoon
Legend Of Mana
Mickeys Wild Adventure
Mr Driller
Parasite Eve 2
Pong
Rayman 2
Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3
Saga Frontier 2
Silent Hill
Suikoden 2
Tomb Raider 2 (Massive file size reduction)

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head. So yeah, if you want any of the above, then go for the PSN versions, as you wont run into any problems with them, but will with your own Eboots at some point.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you have a PSP 3000, PSP Go, or TA-088v3 then if you want a permanent CFW you have to go with 6.20.
I really don't mind running Fast Recovery on a new boot. Doesn't matter for me at this point, though since I no longer have my Go, and my "regular-style" PSP is a 2000 anyway.
I plan on staying at 6.60 Pro C Fix 3, and I make all my PSX ISOs into Eboots myself, it's actually quite fun.
Same here. I love putting those things together. Finally got .at3 files to work, lol.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I have also found that when downloading PS1 eboots pre-made, I typically go for the ones that say "multi-disc conversion", or "converted properly" and have no problems with them. I like the multi-disc conversions, as it makes disc swapping seamless by just pressing X or Start. They even have sweet icons, wallpapers, and music so they look like a proper PSN download, and don't come off looking armature-ish. :P

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have also found that when downloading PS1 eboots pre-made, I typically go for the ones that say "multi-disc conversion", or "converted properly" and have no problems with them. I like the multi-disc conversions, as it makes disc swapping seamless by just pressing X or Start. They even have sweet icons, wallpapers, and music so they look like a proper PSN download, and don't come off looking armature-ish. :P
I do all my own conversions from the cleanest ROM dumps I can get my grubby paws on. I really don't like how the official PSN versions look so...uniform.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I do all my own conversions from the cleanest ROM dumps I can get my grubby paws on. I really don't like how the official PSN versions look so...uniform.

Yeah, the fans that make flawless conversions usually have much more artistic flair. ^_^

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the fans that make flawless conversions usually have much more artistic flair. ^_^

Any ones you want resources for? A lot of my stuff is just Google Image search grabs, but I edit them in almost all cases. Also have a couple/few AT3s ready to go.

(Just to be clear, this isn't a warez post. AT3 is an audio format, and I am referring to image files; JPG, BMP, PNG, etc...)

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Any ones you want resources for? A lot of my stuff is just Google Image search grabs, but I edit them in almost all cases. Also have a couple/few AT3s ready to go.

(Just to be clear, this isn't a warez post. AT3 is an audio format, and I am referring to image files; JPG, BMP, PNG, etc...)

Naw, I haven't had to convert anything for a great while. My PSP needs a new battery, as I can't seem to un-Pandora my regular stock battery via soft-mod anymore. When it gets 100% charged, it powers off the PSP without warning. Not even a proper shutdown either, just FFFFFFT. Off.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Naw, I haven't had to convert anything for a great while. My PSP needs a new battery, as I can't seem to un-Pandora my regular stock battery via soft-mod anymore. When it gets 100% charged, it powers off the PSP without warning. Not even a proper shutdown either, just FFFFFFT. Off.
Yeah, new battery for sure
:sad:

K3nnyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, what happens if i take my adapter with a 64gb carb or any size out of my psp if it's still on? Is it even safe to take out psp once its in for like to swop it out for another? Also, what if i have a psp fortmatted card and i want a upgrade for a double slot adapter can i get use the old will a second formst do something to it?

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, what happens if i take my adapter with a 64gb carb or any size out of my psp if it's still on? Is it even safe to take out psp once its in for like to swop it out for another? Also, what if i have a psp fortmatted card and i want a upgrade for a double slot adapter can i get use the old will a second formst do something to it?

No, dont take the card out when its switched on. all that does is risk corruption and you could lose everything. You can take it out of the PSP when its switched off yes.

Regarding your other question I'm not sure I understand you. Do you mean if you have one micro SD card in a reader that holds one card. And then you buy a Micro SD card reader that holds 2 of them and you want to use your first Micro SD card and then a second? If so then sure, but you will lose whats on your first one in the process as it will need to format it. So backup the data first.

K3nnyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ANY HERE KNOW HOW TO DOWNLOAD FILES IN PSPKVM ON oPERA MINI? I KEEP GetING THIS 10MB LIMIT ERROR..
I need a app that will browse thr Internet for psp. The og one is terrible and i keep gettimg a ssl handshake error

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over