Hacking Is the "New Nintendo 3DS/N3DS" the end of Gateway?

esmrjones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I mentioned before I doubt many people with a 3ds/xl would buy a new 3ds/xl just because of colored buttons CPU and Ram ect...

Honestly I would and I think there are others like me. Hand held games are my favorite and I will buy what ever nintendo or sony wants to make. I even had the virtual boy and the Nomad lol.

Reactions: 19cookies

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
CPU? 'faster'.
RAM? 'more'.
Price? Only a bit higher than the old models.
Exclusive games? YOU BET!

I can already imagine the reason behind such an 'impressive' upgrade.

7tq0DHn.png

Link999123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So today it was revealed that Nintendo are releasing the N3DS on October 11th 2014 in Japan and 2015 for ROW.

GFngAU4.png

FEATURES SO FAR:

• Second Circle Nub
  • Slightly Bigger Screen
  • ZL and ZR
  • Better 3D that can be viewed from the sides
  • Micro SD Support
  • Better Browser
  • More Ram
  • Faster CPU (Some games can only be played on the New 3DS such as Xenoblade)
  • Auto Brightness adjust like in phones/tablets
  • Wireless PC file transfer to SD card and such
  • SFC Buttons
  • Customized menu and themes (Will come in an update for older systems thank god)
  • Faceplates (for smaller 3DS)
  • Bunch of shit rearranged for some reason, i;e Card Slot at the bottom, Stylus at the bottom etc.
Just look at at beautifully coloured buttons :/

This is what puts me down as I just bought a 3DS XL

These "exclusive" games will only run on this newer model which renders the rest of the community in a pretty shit state. All the best titles will probably come out on this due to the extra RAM and CPU.

Can Gateway 3DS counter by over-clocking our systems or spoofing the games into thinking we own a N3DS. I'm not in the position to buy a new console but can make room for a Circle Pad Pro XL if Gateway delivers. The N3DS will probably be on latest firmware or a completely new one with more security against exploits.

Why Nintendo? Why!?

These pics and the info make me hard...

Link999123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what I am talking about, people like this guy, I bet hes pissed off now hes heard this news! It would not make sense. I don't think it will be any different than the 3D$ apart from a couple of exclusives to sell the unit.
Him getting his 3D$ a couple months ago wasn't nintendo'$ fault.

Reactions: T Link7

CFallenleaf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not for long, they cracked 8.X
No they didnt. They made it so you can use 8.x through emunand and emunad only. Seriously.... where the hell do people like you get their info? You cant trust a reseller some willnlie just to sell. If you look in the disclaimers of most of them though they say you need a 4.1 to 4.5 3ds

SephirothPlayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Interesting news. The upgrade from 3DS to new 3DS looks very similar to the update from GameBoy to GameBoy Color. GameBoy Color had a little bit higher tech specs and of course colors. I think in that case it will be similar. The new 3DS would probably have a little bit higher tech specs (probably the same processor but higher clock, a little bit more RAM and VRAM to avoid compatibility issues with "old" 3DS titles just like it was in GameBoy case) but they will probably have same colors and new 3DS gets some sort of second analog stick and the ZL and ZR buttons which I can have with "old" 3DS with Circle Pad Pro (and in my opinion the second analog is probably better in Circle Pad Pro and the positioning of ZL and ZR is definitely better in Circle Pad Pro). Considering all this it's not really an upgrade just like it was in GameBoy case. The main concern here are the games that will be new 3DS only. Just like in GameBoy case there were games for GameBoy, GameBoy Color and GameBoy Color only. The last category worked only on GameBoy Color and I think that we will got something similar here. Considering the great hacking scene we have today for 3DS I got one thought. Maybe when we got dumps of new 3DS only ROMs it would be possible with no or only a little bit of hacking to get them working on "old" 3DS with our flashcarts? I know that only the time will give the answer for that but what are you thoughts about this?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Interesting news. The upgrade from 3DS to new 3DS looks very similar to the update from GameBoy to GameBoy Color. GameBoy Color had a little bit higher tech specs and of course colors. I think in that case it will be similar. The new 3DS would probably have a little bit higher tech specs (probably the same processor but higher clock, a little bit more RAM and VRAM to avoid compatibility issues with "old" 3DS titles just like it was in GameBoy case) but they will probably have same colors and new 3DS gets some sort of second analog stick and the ZL and ZR buttons which I can have with "old" 3DS with Circle Pad Pro (and in my opinion the second analog is probably better in Circle Pad Pro and the positioning of ZL and ZR is definitely better in Circle Pad Pro). Considering all this it's not really an upgrade just like it was in GameBoy case. The main concern here are the games that will be new 3DS only. Just like in GameBoy case there were games for GameBoy, GameBoy Color and GameBoy Color only. The last category worked only on GameBoy Color and I think that we will got something similar here. Considering the great hacking scene we have today for 3DS I got one thought. Maybe when we got dumps of new 3DS only ROMs it would be possible with no or only a little bit of hacking to get them working on "old" 3DS with our flashcarts? I know that only the time will give the answer for that but what are you thoughts about this?
Double RAM is not exactly a little. And I REALLY doubt the new games can be hacked to work on old 3DSes in any way.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Him getting his 3D$ a couple months ago wasn't nintendo'$ fault.

I didn't say anything about it being Nintendo's fault, what I meant was if he knew about the new 3DSLL just before he purchased the 3DS and by the sound of things was very very recent he would of not purchased it in the first place and therefore he would of purchased the new 3DSLL instead for future gaming :)

noki@

Trophies
XP
Country
Honestly I would and I think there are others like me. Hand held games are my favorite and I will buy what ever nintendo or sony wants to make. I even had the virtual boy and the Nomad lol.

Haha I think people who visit forums are different then the typical family/market... Most people who owns a 3DS would be kids whose parents bought it for them...

noki@

Trophies
XP
Country
Even so, people should be used to this kind of thing now.

He was responding to what I said previously that I doubt developers would just make games for the new 3ds as its not beneficial for them and I doubt people who already got a 3ds would buy a new one for the smarties buttons (+ram/cpu)

Link999123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He was responding to what I said previously that I doubt developers would just make games for the new 3ds as its not beneficial for them and I doubt people who already got a 3ds would buy a new one for the smarties buttons (+ram/cpu)
Correct most people won't buy it, but it's their choice not nintendos, and it will probably be a similar scenario to the
GAME BOY COLOR
Where some games aren't enhanced, some are enhanced, and some are exclusive.

NOrmal GB games, GB Deluxe games, and GBCC Games.

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @K3Nv2 Hi