Gaming Is Project64 still the best N64 emulator around?

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I may not have actually donated for the newest version of PJ64, but it is way better than the free version just generally. I think Kaillera support is integrated too, which is useful.
And those Hi-Res packs look amazing
ohmy.gif
, maybe I have a new reason to play OoT again.
Are there Hi-Res packs for any other N64 games out there BTW?

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, the only one that I know of is Paper Mario. But, something tells me there's more than that out there.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you donated, you have access to several different texture replacement packs through their website in the beta donator's download section(since their texture packs are different from the rice ones because their way of working it is different). Also, know that if you obtained Project 64 1.7 through other means, not all features are available or will work properly. It's coded like that on purpose. You'll only get a taste of the full thing. It's a bit ironic that Project 64 has piracy protection.
tongue.gif
(Also, even if you think it's working correctly, it's not. And you'll see what I mean if you donate and obtain it the right way)

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Well I'm using an unlegit 1.7 and it works nearly perfect. There's slight slowdowns sometimes in OoT and Smash Bros though.

Edit: I started playing today and I noticed... I'm getting a really annoying graphical glitch everywhere. The lighting on the textures keep "flicking" on and off... it looks as if someone is shining a light on them and then turning it off. It happens with random stuff like roads, trees, etc. Anyone know what it could be?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU