Emulation ROM Hack GCN Oldies Translation GameCube's Zelda collectors edition: how to use the translation in a n64 emulators

debatent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello I would like to play Ocarina of time and Majora's Mask on n64, in french and with the NTSC speed.
Yes I know, I could just play the version Zelda Collector on gamecube but there's some emulation issue mainly on Majora's Mask. And I haven't play those 2 games yet and I would like to try those in the right conditions.

As you can see on the attached screenshot of the majora mask file structure, there is a .n64 ROM but this is a US version.
File of majora mask pal gamecube.png

I believe the translations are in the .tpl files but I don't know how I could inject them in the rom or during the game with a emulator.

Does somebody have an idea ?

debatent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, I found how we can set the language in a n64 emulator.
First, all the translated file are directly in the .n64 file, just like the original PAL games. The TPL files are just pictures for the n64 gamecube's emulator.

The options of OOT and MM of the Zelda collector edition don't have the possibility to change the language. But, by chance, they read the same kind of save as the original PAL n64 game. So we can change the language by modifying the save:

1. Load the rom in the emulator of your choice (I used Muppen via RMG) in order to generate the save file (Optional)
  2. Open the save file with an hex editor
  3. change the following value:
    • Ocarina Of Time: Go to offset 01 and set the value to:
      • 00 = English (default)
      • 01 = German
      • 02 = French
    • Majora's Mask: Got to offset 98305 (18001 in hexadecimal) and set the value to:
      • 01 = English (default)
      • 02 = German
      • 03 = French
      • 04 = Spanish
      • Warning: setting another value will mess up the interface of the file selection
  4. Launch the game
And voila !
OcarinaOfTime_Gamecube_in_french.png

Enjoy the game of your childhood with your native language at the correct speed !

I believe you could also use a save of the original n64 PAL release but I haven't tested it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?